MERGED-->longer clip of L&PoE (you can hear it...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds good to me.

However, doesn't half sound like Michael Hutchence on the vocals. Chris Thomas influence me thinks?

you can hear larry really come in there right at the end ... my take is its 'Roadhouse Blues' + 'Dancing Barefoot' + 'Gloria- van morrison) + 'Spirit in the Sky' from the late 60's.

"Lay it down
Lay down your guns
Are you the Messiah?
Are you Abraham's son?"

This... and also the rest of the song...

...is Bono trying to say something to Bush?

I'd say he's talking to anyone commiting violent acts in the name of religion/an idea. I doubt he'd be going at Bush, with all the AIDS/Africa work, I can definitely see him going for the likes of Bin Laden.

Thanks, mofo: I know Dancing barefoot (U2 version), Gloria and Spirit in the sky. I have no clue as far as the sound goes, though.

Last edited:
I wonder if any audio geniuses can edit the first half of the first clip into this clip to get the intro into a single clip as well?

mofo82 said:
you can hear larry really come in there right at the end ... my take is its 'Roadhouse Blues' + 'Dancing Barefoot' + 'Gloria- van morrison) + 'Spirit in the Sky' from the late 60's.

Haha! I was trying to put my finger on it- it does have that "Spirit in the Sky" kind of feel to it almost.

yup, i'd also say its for the radical religious nuts who bring violence in the name of their religion... hence abraham son reference, messiah reference

Convoy said:
Here is what I could make of the lyrics. Let me know what you all think.

Ahhhhhhhhaaaa
Heey... hey
You ready to be taken
come down now brother
You don't have to try
For a jealous proverb / brother
Have you entered Islam / his love?
??
In the end of days
And playing with the harp
And the nooo time for hatred
I'm down upon my knees
My heart its just break'in
Yeah come with me
Where there is Love and Peace
Love and Peace
Love and Peace

Lay it down
Lay down your guns
Are you the Messiah?
Are you Abraham's son?

And the nooo time for hatred
I'm down upon my knees
My heart its just break'in
Yeah come with me
come with me
where there's Love and Peace
Love and Peace

(Bono starts spoken word)
Take me to a place
where Catholics can sing?
Where Jews
??
??
??
And were all gonna love
were all gonna love

Love and Peace
For nothing but love
For nothing but love

thanks for posting these lyrics. I didnt think I could be more excited by this clip, but now these lyrics make it even better. Great words from the Bman, what a tune! The clip is 3:37, and my guess is the first leak we heard was the first 0:50 of it, so that makes the song about 4 1/2 minutes. I had my doubts when I heard the title "Love and Peace" thinking it might be kind of cheesy. But damn, they did it right with this tune! Amazing stuff, great guitar from the Edge, the quality is crap and his riffs sound so good. Imagine this tune with some CD quality!!!
:edge: :bow:

Personally, I think it says something along the lines of:

"Lay down your guns
All you daughters of Zion.
All you Abrahams sons."

rather than

"Lay down your guns
Are you the Messiah
Are you Abrahams son"

SmileyGladhands said:

"Lay down your guns
All you Abrahams sons."

rather than

"Lay down your guns
Are you the Messiah
Are you Abrahams son"

yes i completely agree.

i have been quiet on these boards for a very long time, just checking out the discussion about the new album, but now i'm about to burst! really excited. this is definitely no grace and no atyclb.

can anyone confirm that "or Else" will, in fact, be a part of the title? i certainly hope so...it gives it that flair consistent with the album title.

SmileyGladhands said:

"Lay down your guns
All you Abrahams sons."

rather than

"Lay down your guns
Are you the Messiah
Are you Abrahams son"

agreed

I cleaned the version up a bit so if anyone has a site to post it on let me know and I'll send it to you.

By the way the clip is awesome!

Damn, can't wait for the album.

"Lay down your guns
All you Abrahams sons."

That sounds right too, the zion threw me off. All I could think about was The Matrix.

I'm not listening guys...

I listened to the 50 second clip so I got the gist of the song, but I don't want to spoil the entire thing!!! I like your descriptions though, it definitely sounds cool.

I'm not really a fan of the "lay down your guns, all religions should live together in unison!" lyrics. Not that I disagree, but it's about as cliche'd as you can get. Oh well...

wow, the overall reaction here seems much more unanimously positive to this longer clip than the previous one! i haven't heard the long one yet but i like the consensus.

Theres something very "monster like" in the song. Its bluesy but it takes a turn and becomes angry...like Edge seeing Bono talking to dodgy politicians!!

:wink:

Well, I finally cracked both nuts and heard it. :heart:

If this is the album closer, then it speaks VOLUMES for what comes before it. Roadhouse Blues is best description of sound, but the classic coke Edge is all there too. Near the end do you think that Edge is using his infinete guitar again? Maybe.

Atomic Blues! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom