MERGED ----> "Life on a Distant Planet" video... + U2s first Video: Life On A...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homerpalooza

Acrobat
"Life on a Distant Planet" video...

I can't stop watching this thing (found here at U2 Star)! Bono's vogueing and marching and uh, vocal stylings, are hilarious. Adam looks ridiculous. The set looks ridiculous. It's great!

Can anyone tell if this is a live performance or not? If not, it's probably the very first, rarely seen U2 music video. Man, this would be an amazing treat on the Best Of 1980-1990 DVD; I'm sure they're mighty embarassed about the whole thing, though. Although I hate when bands refuse to acknowledge their past...

Oh man, you have to love that video. It's hilarious. I think it's from a TV show. Bono seems lost behind all that hair and he just cracks me up ... Edge is still great, though. I too have been watching and watching that video. I'd laugh myself silly if it appeared on an official release, though it's never going to happen.

This performance is included in a dvd with early irish tv appearences that i bought in a record store at temple bar on a recent trip to dublin. Has anyone got this also? (i don't remember the name of the dvd). I can tell you that if you liked this one, you should see another one of them playing "stories for boys" and "street mission" in 1978. that is really... scary.

There's a video of this song?! Well whadda ya know. The mp3 I have is the audio for this TV performance. Didn't realize that as there's no difference between the production values of this and any early studio work I've heard.... unless that was all from TV shows...

Last edited:
If my band ever ends up going anywhere, we've got many videos that are of even worse quality than that. But I'd still release them. If nothing else, just to give the fans a laugh. But then again, we wouldn't take ourselves as seriously as U2 take themselves.

oh, that is bloody hilarious. Love the gloves, Bono! hahaha. The whole thing is totally absurd. :D

Back
Top Bottom