MERGED --> legit scans of album sleeve and cd + Scans of the HTDAAB booklet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the page with the drawing of Bob in the centre. That whole page is the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Herco said:
This is very cool: you can see the time/progres of the U2 songs:
book19.jpg

I like how "lose" is spelled incorrectly.

Wow! Mercy is the newest U2 song recorded (other than Fast Cars which isn't mentioned). That blows me away cause it sounds so "old" in the sense of Bono's vocal work and the whole Zooropa vibe I get from it. I NEED to have Mercy live! :drool:

wait a sec.. if mercy is in that "timetable", then it should be on album -- (it's my most secret wish)

Roland of Gilead said:
Wow! Mercy is the newest U2 song recorded (other than Fast Cars which isn't mentioned). That blows me away cause it sounds so "old" in the sense of Bono's vocal work and the whole Zooropa vibe I get from it. I NEED to have Mercy live! :drool:

I think Bono said that Fast cars was recorded on the very last day or recording, so that's why it is missing.

does it bother anyone else to have that fbi thing on the back of the cd? idk what it is, but i hate it. maybe i'm paranoid or something, but i think that it completely takes away from the artwork, and a note from the fbi is the last thing i want on my music.

shrmn8rpoptart said:
does it bother anyone else to have that fbi thing on the back of the cd? idk what it is, but i hate it. maybe i'm paranoid or something, but i think that it completely takes away from the artwork, and a note from the fbi is the last thing i want on my music.

They should have done what Elvis Costello did on his latest album (The Delivery Man):
http://www.sciencefictiontwin.com/images/DMbig.jpg

:lol:

Did you notice "Xanax" crossed in that red playlist below the timeline songs?

At the end of ABOY Bono quoted his own line from the HTDAAB book (img #4)

"I'm alive, I'm at the door of the place I started out from and I want back inside...".

that is neat. it reminds me more of the stuff pearl jam used to do with their cds than radiohead though.

radiohead didn't do everything first you know!

I was kind of indifferent about the album cover, I liked it but wasnt loving. But now with the back cover, it looks awesome. I love the back cover especially, its such a great picture and the font is great. :wink: HELL YA

Good call David.

Looks A LOT like EV's handwritten lyrics and doodling.

My brother in-law actually got to go inside Vedder's house here in Seattle (W. Seattle) once. Very strange place. Full of carpeted tubes leading from one little room to another - like a gerbil cage - just enough space for 1 or 2 people in each room. Every room had a notebook and a pile of pens/pencils with scribblings and notes by EV.

His staircase had a "wave" built over it as if you were surfing the pipeline as you walk down.

4-story fire-pole down the center of the house too w/ secret access from many rooms.

Weird.

Back looks very Unforgettable fireish....thats a good thing.

Prefer the back to the lame unoriginal dull meaningless front cover....

Scans of the HTDAAB booklet

Here are some scans from the booklet that will evidently accompany HTDAAB.

I especially enjoy trying to read the wise and whimsical things that Bono writes.

And I love his illustrations.

Enjoy!

http://www.prisoner65.de/pics/

YOUR LOVE IS TEACHING ME HOW TO KNEEL....:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Interesting.....nice pics and lots of pages....I also saw some of the lyrics to Mercy printed inside :)

How many threads do you think we'll have of people decoding Bono's handwriting, which he claims he can't even read back himself?
(Makes me feel kind of better because my handwriting is crap. :bono:)

Herco said:
This is very cool: you can see the time/progres of the U2 songs:
book19.jpg

Hmmm... its actually interesting if you lok at the timeline and the fact that HTDAAB was supposed to be a rocker. Many of the "rocking" songs were begun a while back and most fo the later ones are softer. Perhaps they decided to balance it out mid-way..

Back
Top Bottom