MERGED-->LAPOE! + Love and Peace or Else

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
love and peace or else

one review of the album (i think it was Q magazine) stated the LAPOE is the closest that U2 have ever got to sounding like LED ZEP?

hmmm.......i really think that LAPOE has more leanings to that cheesy eighties band-INXS. this is not good.

finally, it seems that many people have been affected about all the positive reviews about this album and would be too afraid to say if they thought it was poor. maybe many of you genuinely love the album but there seems to be an element of because it's U2 it has to be good. wrong. there is a world outside of U2 and many of you should listen to it.

SYCMIOYO is just lovely.

Say wha..? INXS, what kinda INXS song sounds like that? To each their own I guess. Personally I love LAPOE, it's the track I've wanted to hear for so long since the windy beach clips and I wasn't disappointed with it.

You're right, there is a big ol' world outside of U2 and their records, I just think people are really enjoying the record man, that's all.

Re: love and peace or else

pleasureinleisu said:
hmmm.......i really think that LAPOE has more leanings to that cheesy eighties band-INXS.

I said this earlier. I think LAPOE sounds alot like 'Mystify' by the NOT CHEESEY band INXS.

I don't know if any of it was deliberate with the making of the song but INXS is not as flimsy a band as you suggest--Bono was good friends with Hutchence and I for one am a fan. I do know that there is a world outside U2 as you say it and INXS is one band I still enjoy listening to....

Last edited:
Re: Re: love and peace or else

starsgoblue said:

I don't know if any of it was deliberate with the making of the song but INXS is not as flimsy a band as you suggest--Bono was good friends with Hutchence and I for one am a fan. I do know that there is a world outside U2 as you say it and INXS is one band I still enjoy listening to....

:up:

:yes:

INXS were brilliant. Michael Hutchence was a gifted singer and lyricist, and is sorely missed. :sad:

jick said:
LAPOE is the customary U2 "skip song" in the album, where listeners would rather skip it when they playback the album. It's what Bullet The Blue Sky is to Joshua Tree, or Miami is to POP, or New York is to ATYCLB -- a skip song.

It sounds overly produced, too industrial to have sounds that can be reproduced live onstage, so many parts without drums, too many synths. Its a poor attempt by U2 to be a goth industrial rock band.

Cheers,

J

Funny, every song you mentioned there I love, and guess what I love LAPOE, just my taste I guess. Those songs are so far from being skipped on my CD player.

I have finally listened to this song and I have to say, I reallllly like it! The drum/guitar combination really gets my feet tappin :lol:

Is it just me or does the guitar solo at the end of LAPOE sort of remind you of the guitar solo from Silver and Gold?

This is totally Bullet and yet its totally original. Kicks serious ass! You play it to get some sweet lovin' done or you play it before you kick your opponent's ass! :yes:

When the saints come marching back in they're going to be marching to something that sounds a lot like this.

I'll say that this is far and away my favorite song on this new album. At the same time, though, I think that it's far from perfect: some silly lyrics crop up from time to time, and I do feel that the song builds and builds and builds and then, just when it could totally explode and change the way I looked at contemporary U2, sort of stops...

Still, I do love this song and I hope it signals the sort of things we'll be hearing from them on their next album. I'd love to hear them give a full ALBUM of material like this a go and maybe try to work with Chris Thomas or somebody not at all unlike him next time out. I've posted this many times: even if it isn't a total success, at least it'll be different, you know?

I LOVE THIS TUNE, PEOPLE!!!!

Back
Top Bottom