MERGED ---> Just down the line... Zoo Station! + ZOO STATION Appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chickadee

New Yorker
Just down the line... Zoo Station!

Every now and then I'll realise how much I love Zoo Station. I mean, I know I automatically love it because it kicks off my favourite album in the world ever, but on its own merit it's a great song! I love the fuzziness and the unclear vocals and the guitar and the lyrics... So basically, everything. ;) I was really glad they played it this tour, having never seen them live before!

Zoo Station is just something, I can't describe it... it has that big stadium feel, and so much space in it, I like hearing the song every time, preferably the live versions for the drums and guitar. Bono's vocals live on this track rock.

Gonnaaaa beeee there
*lahlahlah*
Gonnnnaaa beeee theeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrreeeeeeee

gonna make it on time
gonna be thereeeee
*edge guitar*
:drool:

i'd die of asphyxiation on my own drool if i heard it live.

Zoo Station is my favorite U2 song. :drool: It pwns the world's head (crust?) off.
It cracks open live and even more pours out of it, if possible. Lovelovelove.

Zoo Station really gets me for some reason. It's always been one of my faves and I was psyched when I heard it was on the setlist this time around. Unfortunately they didn't play it at any of the 5 shows I went to! :( But when the DVD came out I ran out to buy it just for Zoo Station...it still gave me chills. Just a fabulous song. :love:

jonnytakeawalk said:

Uh huh, and notice how the Chicago crowd were really getting into it :rolleyes:

Seriously though it is just an awesome song. Best U2 concert opener without doubt!!!

I don't care about what the crowd is doing on the DVD so I didn't notice. :shrug:

I admit the song wasn't played the same as it was during Zoo TV but IMO it still rocked.

that track sums up what was, for me, the best period for U2, between the release of The Fly and just after Passengers. The golden summer of '93 and their stunning Wembley concers, will always live in my heart and the opening sonic booms of zoo station will always be the soundtrack

:bow: Zoo Station. I love this song. its my first song to play on my ipod when i'm out and i always listen to it twice!

Anyone have any ZooTV versions?. i would like to hear it.

I just clicked on the link and downloaded it. Try again, when the timer counts down the link will be covered by a popup window. Close that window and you should be able to click on the link. I've only just uploaded it, there is no way it could be exceeded. I'll try to upload the mpeg later.

Cheers
Sken

I love Zoo Station. It was the perfect opener for Achtung Baby, the album where they'd 'dreamt it all up again'. "I'm ready. Ready for what's next" :drool:

My fave bit is "I'm ready to say I'm glad to be alive." Because sometimes we all feel a bit down, but that lyric can lift the spirits.

Zoo-mt.jpg

Time is a train.... makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

:heart:

ZOO STATION Appreciation thread

znice_20.jpg

I'm ready, I'm ready for laughing gas
I'm ready, I'm ready for what's next.
I'm ready to duck, ready to dive
Ready to say I'm glad to be alive
I'm ready, I'm ready for the push.

In the cool of the night, in the warmth of the breeze
I'll be crawling around on my hands and knees.
She's just down the line, Zoo Station.
Got to make it on time, Zoo Station.

I'm ready, I'm ready for the gridlock
I'm ready to take it to the street.
Ready for the shuffle, ready for the deal
Ready to let go of the steering wheel.
I'm ready, ready for the crush.

Zoo Station.

Alright, alright, alright, alright, alright
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright, it's alright,
Hey baby, hey baby, hey baby, hey baby,
It's alright, it's alright.

Time is a train makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass.

I'm just down the line from your love...Zoo Station
I'm under the sign of your love... Zoo Station
I'm gonna be there... Zoo Station
Tracing the line... Zoo Station
I'm gonna make it on time, make it on time ... Zoo Station

Just two stops down the line... Zoo Station
Just a stop down the line... Zoo Station

With all the seriousness of the ZOO TV tour, Zoo Station had that feeling that the 80s were fading, and this was a new era for experimenting and enjoyment. Zoo Station had it's traditional bells, as Edge swiftly but sweetly opens the concert. To this day, Zoo Station is still one of the songs that I feel is U2's best, lyrically and musically. It has a big feel to it, and Edge's guitar work is simply dreamy.

Merge + "Just down the line... Zoo Station!"
:D

But yes, the song pwns my soul to hell and back. :drool:

Zoo Station is one of U2's best! It is the best song on Achtung Baby, but The Fly is right behind it.

Rumor has it, Bono didn't want Zoo Station opening the ZOOTV concerts, they did a dress rehearsal where they played Pride, New Year's Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, then Zoo Station...

Back
Top Bottom