MERGED ---> Just down the line... Zoo Station! + ZOO STATION Appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
theu2fly said:
Rumor has it, Bono didn't want Zoo Station opening the ZOOTV concerts, they did a dress rehearsal where they played Pride, New Year's Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, then Zoo Station...

Thats not true at all, they were just playing new songs that night and they did what they planned to do:perfect Sunday Bloody Sunday and New Years Day, songs which had not been played in years, they also probably wanted to see how Pirde sounded straight after new years day. After those first three songs that setlist SBS, NYD and Pride they played a normal set with Pride even closing the main set, (that is the only concert with Pridex2;)) They continued to open with Zoo Station for the rest of the tour and NYD was played in the set every concert after and SBS in a lot of concerts after during the 2nd and 3rd legs

Admittedly there is a recording where they rehearse opening with Acrobat, they play the George Bush Rap, then Acrobat then Zoo Station but this never matieralised.

Keeping with the tone of the thread I love this song, it is the perfect opener for a perfect album and a perfect tour

Best intro ever.
And I don't mean that only for a U2 song, for any song.
Best concert opener ever.
Best encore opener ever.
The coolest U2 song indeed.

love it love it love it. So cool. Coolest 2 song ever. What a way to enter the 90's as well, to go and make the coolest song ever. It's in my top 3 for sure.

:drool:

Carek1230 said:
This is a great driving song....get in the car, crank the tune and sing OUT LOUD! :up:

I love the beginning "I'm ready for the laughing gas..."

Cool, sexy and sarcastic!

Just love this song to death! I will never forget the midnight release for AB. I had only heard The Fly and that had blown my mind already. While we were all waiting in line to pay for our new U2 cd, at full blast on the speakers, the first roar of The Edge´s guitar for Zoo Station went over. Sounded like a jet. It was priceless seeing the reactions of everyone. It was definite at that moment that the U2 of the 80´s was gone.
Greatest intro I have ever heard to a song and I think in some ways, even more of a statement than The Fly.

PDVD_022.jpg

Zoo Staaaaaaaaatttttttiiiiiiiooooooonnnnnnnnnn !!!!!

I had always liked Zoo Station but after seeing the band play it in Vancouver last April it has quickly become one of my favorites. Funny how a live performance can do that for a song.

Hallucination said:
I had always liked Zoo Station but after seeing the band play it in Vancouver last April it has quickly become one of my favorites. Funny how a live performance can do that for a song.

Same here with me mate . Wow the vertigo version just made me fall in love with it , and it had a even better special feeling , coz it opened the 2 encores of Brazil's concert a la ZooTV , with the lights , Bono in the interference video just like the beginning of the zoo concerts, besides edge's guitar , what a rock'n roll :drool: Couldn't jump more with it.

Urgh, this song totally sucked in Cardiff. I don't know how it was in other shows. Seriously all it was, was a bunch of noise drowning out Bono's vocals :| The crowd was dead/confused during it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom