MERGED --> Just been announced, NO Nobel Prize to Bono + Bono didn't win

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JulioArca said:
But I do have, my vote went to Mohammed ElBaradei and the IAEA :wink:

And what a great vote it is. Why, there's no nuclear threats any more... except from Iraq... and North Korea... and... uh, exactly why did they win this again?

Maybe it's the cynic in me, but if one claims that people like Bono or Sachs or those involved in DATA or ONE don't deserve it *yet* because not enough has been done, then why on earth was it given to this group? Have they really accomplished anything? If so, gee, I don't feel any safer.

I believe Bono will get it at some point. He's getting more press every year he's considered a candidate and he's also doing more every year for the cause. I think with this Red campaign coming up it'll increase his odds next year.

Congrats to the guy and organization who won it this year though — well deserved.

If you believe what some say, Bono probably didn't win because he didn't campaign for it.

To which I say: good. If you have to campaign for yourself to win the Nobel Prize, that takes some of the shine away.

corianderstem said:
If you believe what some say, Bono probably didn't win because he didn't campaign for it.

To which I say: good. If you have to campaign for yourself to win the Nobel Prize, that takes some of the shine away.

:up:

Re: Re: Just been announced, NO Nobel Prize to Bono

blueeyedgirl said:

What, IKEA won the Nobel Prize?????!!!!!! :hyper: :applaud: :drool: :heart: :cute:

Yeah, because their furniture is so tedious and difficult to assemble that noone has the time or strength to make war afterwards :up:

Heh ... I'm picturing Nobel Prize committee members standing in the Ellipse and shaking their heads as Vertigo x 2 begins, then making a little note in their voting books.

Bummer Bono didn't win, but like he said on Conan it was an honor just to be nominated and thought of in the category with greatness. Congrats to the winner.

Back
Top Bottom