MERGED --> Joshua Tree Limited edition: Paris + outside its America + Tracklisting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
I've never heard the B-sides of The Joshua Tree, so this is extra special for me.

Me neither really ....

Now I'm here thinking , of course it's already great and all , but any chances of .......... Sweetest Thing be that awesome version , like that demo thing youtube video with great guitar solo and all ?

phillyfan26 said:
I've never heard the B-sides of The Joshua Tree, so this is extra special for me.

J_NP said:

Me neither really ....

:tsk: Guys, you really need to get on your downloading.... You can seriously pick up every single official release in a weekend if you try. And that's not even looking at bootlegs.... You really are missing out if you've never heard the JT-era b-sides. Spanish Eyes is easily a Top 10 song.

Utoo said:

:tsk: Guys, you really need to get on your downloading.... You can seriously pick up every single official release in a weekend if you try. And that's not even looking at bootlegs.... You really are missing out if you've never heard the JT-era b-sides. Spanish Eyes is easily a Top 10 song.

I know S Eyes , Listened to it live , in elevation and a JT boot I think

It's a pretty cool ballad in Dm and G If I remember it , but never really heard it's studio version , saving it for the Deluxe Box now :wink:

dabiggestu2fan said:
I give up trying to get the so called 30-second clips! can't find them anywhere and noone wants to share ah well!:mad: :|

Utoo said:

I'm on call in the hospital tonight (haha--checking interference instead of working...:shifty: ). i can get them to you tomorrow or this weekend if no one else does first.

:shrug:

Patience is a virtue.

J_NP said:
FUCK IT !

IT really happened ! And with RHMT

Holy Shit Can't Believe it

Again let's see

- All of JT's glory re-released remastered ......
- A 2nd Disc with great things ( I finally get the chance to hear Streets with Edge singing on a car ) and 4 Bleeding New Tracks
- Almost Full Paris Show = UNFORGETTABLE FIRE FINALLY LIVE ON DVD = Me singin with full force , listening to the dvd , so the whole building can hear me
I'M ONLY ASKING BUT I THINK YOU KNOW !!!!!
:wink: :D
And THE Mythical Red Hill Video

Those Irish Bastards ! They really dit it this time :applaud: :applaud: :bow: :bow:

That's their BEST release Ever

exactly how I feel.. this is the kind of thing I would have dreamed of 15 years ago when I was a just a lad... I'm really glad that they've waited till now to release this. I feel like I'm 16 again!! There was something untouchable about the JT era, and for those of you that haven't seen the Paris gig you are in for a treat. Even with my shaky VHS version I've always felt that, 2nd to Red Rocks this was a quintessential U2 80's performance.

It's gotten to the point that I'm so excited I don't really know how to express myself, so I guess I'll just post this caricature of Adam from the Rolling Stone JT review.

aadamnmoa7.png

It is a very good caricature

J_NP said:
I'm Starting to think like people here , A Achtung Baby Deluxe Edition could even top this , If it only was like this .......

Disc 1 : AB Remastered
Disc 2 : usual B-sides things + rarities

Now here comes the magic :

A DVD with a ZooTV Show , even if not complete , but possibly from 92 , with all the great tracks of the tour that weren't in the DVD : Bad , UV , Wild Horses , Still Haven't Found Acoustic WOWY Original Zoo Version ....

And on the dvd or something like , a special made for the album , Achtung Baby : Classic Albums , or anything like that , with the band showing how they made it , demo sounds , Edge playing solo stuff ........

AB needs a remastering, both cd and vinyl.

Are there more than 6-7 AB outtakes/covers/B-sides? Maybe add Night & Day and Wild Irish Rose(+Name of Father?)

DVD could something like Stockholm with added songs from other cities. If it had the full So Cruel from Detroit and Acrobat from Hershey then the hardcores would shut up for a week or two.

u2fp

Another thought...
Will the b-sides be remastered?

Also, it now makes sense that the rarities on The Complete U2 iTunes collection were IMO such a let down. They were obviously planning something like this instead.

Blueroom, i know that you have a lot of knowledge about U2 concert video shoots, and i was wondering if the band hold the mastertapes for the Sydney 89 pro-shot, I remember discussion a while back about them belonging to a certain Aussie filmmaker?! Maybe you could shed some light? Also, was the full Paris 87 show ever aired at the time, if not, was it shot for the intention of a TV special or a full DVD release, prior to the R&H project?

I would kill to see some footage of U2 in Hansa in the early 90's for an AB remaster, but I'm not sure filming the process was at the top of their agenda at the time!

I really think that for releases like this the quality control and obsession with professionalism should go out the window. Okay, release normal versions for everyone else and then give us diehards some rougher material, they must have LOTS of footage from the ZooTV tour especially. I mean the Paris 87 show hardly stands up to their 00's DVD releases as a visual showcase compared to what Hamish has created, but it has a real charm and captures the band in a way that Pro-Shots now just wouldn't achieve.

Last edited:
chrissybaby said:
... I mean the Paris 87 show hardly stands up to their 00's DVD releases as a visual showcase compared to what Hamish has created, but it has a real charm and captures the band in a way that Pro-Shots now just wouldn't achieve.

Hamish is too MTV-college-student-stylized for me.

The great thing about the early concert films is that they're not pretentious and that 'charm', that you speak of, is what a U2 concert is all about - the band playing lifor the fans and not for the director.

Utoo said:

Yep, u2.com says it's the original album spread over 2 albums. :drool:

mmm! should sound fantastic, plus the so-called "Holy Trinity" of One Tree Hill, Exit and Mothers of The Disappeared get their own side of vinyl! :drool: :wink:

U2mixer said:
The great thing about the early concert films is that they're not pretentious and that 'charm', that you speak of, is what a U2 concert is all about - the band playing lifor the fans and not for the director.

U2 have ALWAYS changed their behaviour when cameras are rolling.

As for Hamish, his editing decisions at the BRITS and 2001 NBA are fine by me. Maybe it's the band that mess things in order to appeal to a younger crowd? The 2003 Avril concert film(check youtube) directed by HH does not have these edits.

u2fp

we'll be posting new and rare audio and video exclusives from The Joshua Tree. First up take a look at a rarely seen video for Spanish Eyes ( b-side to 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For') and tune in to our streams from the original album release.

Curious. Why would they post the Spanish Eyes video but not include it as part of the release?

:hmm:

Perhaps they wish to keep it as a web-only special. Of course, you can see the video anytime on youtube...

It's been a while since I threw out my VHS copy that was on Channel 4 in 1987 - anyone remember what other video's are on Outside It's America ?

In Gods Country ? HATS !!!!????

Last edited:
Boozyuzi said:
It's been a while since I threw out my VHS copy that was on Channel 4 in 1987 - anyone remember what other video's are on Outside It's America ?

It wasnt on C4...it aired on BBC2's Whistle Test first thing after the "bells" of New Years Day 1988 (00:05 am, 01-01-1988)

As far as I can remember, the vids on it were for In Gods Country and Spanish Eyes with clips of several live songs (ISHFWILF and Luceille spring to mind).
It was more a Doucumentary than a Rockumentary. My VHS copy wore out many years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom