MERGED --> Joshua Tree Limited edition: Paris + outside its America + Tracklisting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm noticing guitar sounds in bullet the blue sky that i never heard before, not even with headphones.

it's like listening to a whole new album again or something.

chocky said:
Went to 4 music stores in Sydney today. All had the standard edition but none had the deluxe.

According to 2 of those stores the release of the deluxe has been delayed by 1-2 weeks :( (the other 2 said is was back-ordered which is probably the same thing)

And according to JB Hi-fi the Paris DVD will be NTSC not PAL which is very odd. Usually we get either the Aussie version or the UK version - both of which are PAL regions.

Has anyone in Australia found the deluxe version yet?

I had a look around JB etc. on Friday morning. JB had the standard edition (not on the shelf, but if you asked for it) but wasn't sure if/when the deluxe editions would come in. Other shops had no trace of anything Joshua Tree related.

I took the easy option and ordered it from JB's website. Anyone ever notice that they only ever put up new U2 items virtually on the day of release?

mr_perfect said:
does anyone here have the mobile fidelity remastered version from like 10 years ago? can you confirm if there is a difference between the 2?

The MFSL version is perfect (IMO) and was much better than the original release for sound quality and track seperation , personally to me this new remaster sounds like the MFSL recording , with about .75dB increase in volume and some slight EQ. To answer your question , yes their is a difference.

Still their best work , and this remastered box set is worth every penny.

:nerd:

chocky said:
Went to 4 music stores in Sydney today. All had the standard edition but none had the deluxe.

According to 2 of those stores the release of the deluxe has been delayed by 1-2 weeks :( (the other 2 said is was back-ordered which is probably the same thing)

And according to JB Hi-fi the Paris DVD will be NTSC not PAL which is very odd. Usually we get either the Aussie version or the UK version - both of which are PAL regions.

Has anyone in Australia found the deluxe version yet?

I went to Sanity and Big W yesterday, they had no versions of this release. Both shops said they had no idea about it. The Sanity worker looked it up on their website and couldn't find it- even though it IS on there. I'm going back in there tomorrow morning when it's less crowded :crazy: . Fingers crossed it's good news!

Zootlesque said:
Just watched the Outside It's America Documentary! :drool: :drool: :drool: Now I wanna drive thru the California/Nevada desert. :drool: :love:

Doooooo it!!! Then come say Hi to Martha and I! :wave:

I'll be visiting the Harmony Motel in January!

That would be cool! But I don't think we're going to AZ this trip, just straight up to the Joshua Trees...
we ought to do a big JT desert Interferers meet up some day :hmm:

"Has anyone in Australia found the deluxe version yet?" - Chocky

According to a sales assistant at JB, there has been a "hold-up" with the distribution of the super-deluxe edition. :( So I basically found out the same thing as you, Chocky.

However, I was able to pay a $5 deposit and will recieve a text message when they recieve it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom