MERGED --> Joshua Tree Limited edition: Paris + outside its America + Tracklisting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Soar said:
Also, why would it include the videos for WOWY and Red Hill Mining Town and not have the videos for Still Haven't Found and Streets?

It would be the original promo video for WOWY, not the final version that always aired. Since it is rarer, along with RHMT, and not part of the DVD with all the videos, it makes sense that only they are on this and not the regular videos.

This is exciting. I can't wait to see how terrible the Red Hill Mining Town video truly is and how much it compares to Zoolander.

If all of this turns out to be true this is turning into some release.

I guess I just need to fill in the hole a dug last night in preparation for my Joshua Tree seeds.

nathan1977 said:
"Only" 4 new songs? Given the fact that there's any new stuff still to come out of those sessions, plus the live DVD, plus the doc, plus the possibility of RHMT, this is shaping up to be a very, very good set indeed...

Since they almost made a double album out of JT, who knows how many songs there are left from that era in their vaults...are those legitimate titles and are these developed outtakes or short demos ?

Also, do you really think they are putting out RHMT video after all this time ?

This Joshua Tree Re-Release sounds fantastic!
It's more than what anyone here could of been hoping for really.
I think they've done a fantastic job with this release if that tracklisting is correct.

Thankyou!

Just makes you think what the Achtung Baby 20 year re-release is gonna be like?

U2girl said:

Since they almost made a double album out of JT, who knows how many songs there are left from that era in their vaults...are those legitimate titles and are these developed outtakes or short demos ?

Also, do you really think they are putting out RHMT video after all this time ?

The double album would have probably included the JT b-sides as well as Heartland, so 4 completely unknown songs is somewhat unexpected, at least to me.

StoneRoses said:
This Joshua Tree Re-Release sounds fantastic!
It's more than what anyone here could of been hoping for really.
I think they've done a fantastic job with this release if that tracklisting is correct.

Thankyou!

Just makes you think what the Achtung Baby 20 year re-release is gonna be like?

kind of like the salome outtakes

Popmartijn said:
The second disc is mainly the regular B-sides and the Bono solo version of Silver And Gold (also previously released). But then it gets interesting... I know some (all?) of these tracks were released on The Complete U2 on iTunes, but weren't available on CD before.

It should be noted that this proposed listing would mean a fidelity upgrade on the ITunes only tracks.

And then the DVD. It seems the concert is missing its 3 covers (Stand By Me, C'mon Everybody, Help), but it does include the performance of With Or Without You. Plus probably the regular promo video of WOWY. But... can it be true? Is that a video for Red Hill Mining Town that I see there???

I was first to say that a number of the covers would be axed, but am surprised that the live concert will start at the 3rd song of the show. I wonder how it will be editied. I wonder if they may use alternate camera angles for WOWY.

RHMT. If the above is true I'm surprised how much they are throwing into the bonus tracks. They really are aiming to increase 25mil world sales total for JT.

Hope there is a vinyl release of disc 2.

u2fp

Joshua Tree - Limited Edition Tracklisting!!!!!

Taken from HMV site - check this out!!!!!!

http://www. hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=93;-1;-1;-1&sku=719790#anchorSpecialFeatures

Disc One
1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
3. With Or Without You
4. Bullet The Blue Sky
5. Running To Stand Still
6. Red Hill Mining Town
7. In God's Country
8. Trip Through Your Wires
9. One Tree Hill
10. Exit
11. Mothers Of The Disappeared

Disc Two
1. Luminous Times (Hold On To Love)
2. Walk To The Water
3. Spanish Eyes
4. Deep In The Heart
5. Silver And Gold
6. Sweetest Thing
7. Race Against Time
8. Where The Streets Have No Name [Single Edit]
9. Silver And Gold [Sun City Version]
10. Beautiful Ghost / Introduction To Songs Of Experience
11. Wave Of Sorrow (Birdland) - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12. Desert Of Our Love - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
13. Rise Up - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14. Drunk Chicken / America - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disc Three - DVD
1. I Will Follow [Live From Paris]
2. Trip Through Your Wires [Live From Paris]
3. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For [Live From Paris]
4. MLK [Live From Paris]
5. Unforgettable Fire [Live From Paris]
6. Sunday Bloody Sunday [Live From Paris]
7. Exit [Live From Paris]
8. In God's Country [Live From Paris]
9. The Electric Co. [Live From Paris]
10. Bad [Live From Paris]
11. October [Live From Paris]
12. New Year's Day [Live From Paris]
13. Pride (In The Name Of Love) [Live From Paris]
14. Bullet The Blue Sky [Live From Paris]
15. Running To Stand Still [Live From Paris]
16. With Or Without You [Live From Paris]
17. Party Girl [Live From Paris]
18. ''40'' [Live From Paris]
19. Outside It's America
20. With Or Without You
21. Red Hill Mining Town - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Four REAL rarities plus Red Hill Minning Town video. It's cannot be better. I hope this is true....

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out which version I want to get. I was leaning toward the limited-edition vinyl (so pretty) but this three-disc thing looks so awesome as well. I guess I'll have to get both then.

U2, always so smart, putting out new releases just around Christmas. Crafty, crafty guys.

U2girl said:
do you really think they are putting out RHMT video after all this time ?

Who knows? All we can go on though is the tracklisting -- and since we know they never played it live (so it's not a live version), maybe there's hope.

Since they almost made a double album out of JT, who knows how many songs there are left from that era in their vaults...are those legitimate titles and are these developed outtakes or short demos?

I'm guessing these aren't just short demos -- I don't think U2 would release stuff like that. The band had close to 30 tracks to pull from for JT. (Not sure if that includes the Robbie Robertson tracks.) Between the album tracks, the B-sides, "Heartland" and "Beautiful Ghost," that's 19 songs spoken for. (With RR's stuff, that's 21.) With these 4, that adds up to 23 or 25, so I'm guessing there's not much left in the vault. (A "People Get Ready" cover perhaps?)

As far as AB -- don't think there's much in the vault there that's unexplored. With 3 B-sides that were edited jams of the Salome sessions, I'm guessing maybe we'd get a few more edited/mixed/finalized tracks like "She's Gonna Blow Your House Down", which would be awesome, but I can't see much else -- at least from the Salome tapes -- that would be worth releasing. The band killed themselves just to write/record what we have. The absence of any such tracks from the iTunes box tells me that there's probably not much there.

Last edited:
BonoVoxSupastar said:
I'm so skipping to "Drunk Chicken/ America" first.

This maybe the greatest title ever.:drool:

haha me too!

I just dug out my old CD walkman, I'm bringing it to the store with me. I can't wait!! I'm a little concerned so far because the DVD version has only been listed on British sites. For the DVD deluxe editions I've just ordered off of Amazon but I can't wait that long to hear new stuff - I have no experience going to Borders or whatever for a new release, do I need to call ahead and make sure they're getting the DVD deluxe edition in?

that's awesome!

i'm very excited for a good quality version of Deep in the Heart, plus 4 never heard songs.

good job U2!

This is sweet. :drool: I wonder if any of those four are full versions of the 30-second clips, or if they're brand new entirely. Either way---kick-ass. The true test will be whether this tracklist is real....but even if it's not, it's made me VERY happy for at least a day. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom