MERGED --> Joshua Tree Limited edition: Paris + outside its America + Tracklisting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gman said:
It wasnt on C4...it aired on BBC2's Whistle Test first thing after the "bells" of New Years Day 1988 (00:05 am, 01-01-1988)

Yeah, that rings a bell.

There was also a 1 hour Granada special about them in mid 1987 that had footage of their Cork shows from that summer - I think ?!!

Boozyuzi said:

Yeah, that rings a bell.

There was also a 1 hour Granada special about them in mid 1987 that had footage of their Cork shows from that summer - I think ?!!

Actually it was the Dublin shows for the Granada special.

such skill in remembering such exact detail, I wonder if the band keeps a log of every time their videos are broadcasted on TV.....

chrissybaby said:

Blueroom, i know that you have a lot of knowledge about U2 concert video shoots, and i was wondering if the band hold the mastertapes for the Sydney 89 pro-shot, I remember discussion a while back about them belonging to a certain Aussie filmmaker?! Maybe you could shed some light? Also, was the full Paris 87 show ever aired at the time, if not, was it shot for the intention of a TV special or a full DVD release, prior to the R&H project?

I would kill to see some footage of U2 in Hansa in the early 90's for an AB remaster, but I'm not sure filming the process was at the top of their agenda at the time!

I'm not sure who has the master tapes. My guess is that U2 does own them. They used the Lovetown Documentary for the Direct TV special a few years ago. So I would guess they have license to use them if they want. I think the filmer probably has a copy of the reels also and that is where those rumors came from.

Several songs from Paris 87 were broadcast radio and TV. The almost full length bootleg that is out there supposedly came from the TV crew. There were also 4 songs broadcast on the radio from that show, Cmon Everybody, Bullet The Blue Sky, Running To Stand Still and one other song that escapes me at the moment.

I think the only thing that would take the wind out of my sails for an Achtung Baby special edition would be that the rarities or unreleased songs would most likely be stuff from the Salome bootleg which obviously most of us already have.

i am looking forward to this now that the very rare b-sides and red hill mining town video are confirmed

Update from atu2.com

UPDATE: U2.com has confirmed that the Neil Jordan-directed Red Hill Mining Town video will be on the limited edition DVD, along with an alternative "With or Without You" video, "Outside It's America" documentary, and the Paris July 4, 1987 concert.

:ohmy:

Video gootage from the Paris show was broadcast live on UK TV as part of a programme to commemorate the 25th (I think) anniversary of Island Records.

I distinctly remember Paul McGuinness being interviewed at the concert.

Can't remember which tracks were shown but C'mon Everybody definitely was one of them. I still have the show on video somewhere.

gareth brown said:

mmm! should sound fantastic, plus the so-called "Holy Trinity" of One Tree Hill, Exit and Mothers of The Disappeared get their own side of vinyl! :drool: :wink:

Does this mean it's true about Exit being extended? :ohmy:

"...special essay by The Edge" :nerd:

The bonus discs on 80-90 and 90-00 were over well over 100,000.

I think the 8090 bonus is still in print in Europe and I think the HTDAAB bonus DVD may still be in print.

coolian2 said:
I hope the novel that comes with it shows us the intended double album tracklisting.

I don't really believe that JT was ever 'really' going to be a double album. I think that is a lot of Bono-hyperbole, you know when he gets excited about something he tends to drum it up a bit more than it really may be or could have ever been.

I know he's said in the past they had enough material for a double album, and that he may have pushed for a double album, but do you really think it that JT would have really worked as a double album? And I'm sure the record company wanted a single album, and never seriously considered a double album...but I'm purely speculating.

I like it the way it is, but I am looking forward to this release, and the unreleased material. I think this is going to be awesome...:rockon:

Edge said if Bono had his way we'd get a double album JT but he reigned him in.

U2FanPeter said:
The bonus discs on 80-90 and 90-00 were over well over 100,000.

I think the 8090 bonus is still in print in Europe and I think the HTDAAB bonus DVD may still be in print.

I think those limited edition CDs are not in print anymore. However, not all printed copies are sold yet. With this deluxe limited edition, I think that it'll have one pressing and once that one is sold out, it won't be manufactured anymore. Still, it's pressing might be over 100,000 (or 200,000 or whatever number).
And even that doesn't guarantee its 'limitedness'. Earlier this year the 2 albums by The Travelling Wilburys were reissued. One of the packages was a deluxe limited edition, which sold out pretty quickly. Well, they decided to manufacture a second pressing of that limited decision (due to popular demand).

Bottom line: you never know how limited a limited edition might be.

:)

Plus too, you can still find limited editions on Amazon as well. Take a look here...

http://www.amazon.com/U2-Go-Home-Li...-2507114?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1192890085&sr=8-17

So there's no need to worry. If you buy it within a month or two, you'll be surprised how many will still be on the shelf. Even as I go music shopping today, I still find brand new Limited Edition U2 stuff like U218, and that's been out for a year. And since this JT album is not brand new music, it will not be flying off the shelf like the Bomb album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom