MERGED --> Joshua Tree Deluxe: delayed in Australia + Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah this is getting pretty stupid. Roland of Gilead the Mark Messier rookie card you sold me is still in good condition....but where is our Joshua Tree :)

Roland of Gilead said:

:waiting:

No idea. Umusic.ca still says Dec.18th and Amazon.ca is saying today. Next time there is a book/cd/dvd package for a u2 release I am going straight to amazon.com. This is too long.
I got a message from amazon.ca today saying the items are delayed again. My account says it will be at least another 9 days! This is frustrating.

Again, if you don't care about price, Sunrise Records has US copies of the 2 CD+DVD deluxe and 2-CD deluxe.

I'm gonna wait because I'll have my hands full with Radiohead this Christmas vacation, and I still haven't watched my copy of Popmart, which I've never seen. It's kinda annoying the estimate for my items being sent to me is after Christmas, though. :(

I got mine...from the US...Barnes and Noble whom ever recommened that....thank you!
I ordered it last Thursday and it came Monday...yes i got express..;)..worth every penny tho!!! :)...and i agree the delay on this in Canada is frustrating...thats why i decided to get mine from the US.. :)

angel_28 said:
I got mine...from the US...Barnes and Noble whom ever recommened that....thank you!
I ordered it last Thursday and it came Monday...yes i got express..;)..worth every penny tho!!! :)...and i agree the delay on this in Canada is frustrating...thats why i decided to get mine from the US.. :)
Did you get heaps of duties and GST and PST? That's the main reason I think carefully about ordering from abroad. The bloody tariffs.

cinnaminson said:
OMG zoobaby, your Bowie bulge avi is fantastic:love:

hehe, its pretty awesome aye? :wink:

I still havent found a copy yet, I think everyone should rally together at Penrith JB and protest!

:mad:

Well, I just cancelled my amazon.ca order. Already so friggin' late. I might as well wait till after Christmas and hit the Costco when they come in. There won't be a better price I bet.

It's really Universal Canada's fault for screwing this up. The whole idea was a Christmas sale! Amazon.ca can't ship stuff on time if the order arrives so late. Canada Post can't handle it.

Universal Canada also has butchered the Joshua Tree reissue single disc booklet with dents and massive creases all over the the spine and into the image of Larry Mullen, Jr. It would be nice if they actually achieved the professionalism of their American counterparts. Idiots! That's why it was better when special edition items arrived directly from the US and weren't manufactured in Canada!

Funny, way back on Nov. 20th, iTunes Canada released a deluxe remaster online that I felt like a complete idiot for buying shortly thereafter. I had already placed my amazon.ca order for the cd/dvd. Well, it looks like that wasn't such a dumb idea (even though it actually still is! :wink: ).

Muldfeld said:

Did you get heaps of duties and GST and PST? That's the main reason I think carefully about ordering from abroad. The bloody tariffs.

Was not too bad cost me 75$ ...49$ for the set...and 25$ for express shipping..a little pricey but i could not wait anymore...:)

if anyone lives on Sydneys Northern Beaches - i just got my super delux copy from Sandy's records at Dee Why, the shop owner is a huge u2 fan and sells lots of rare u2 suff, she has 4 more copies left at $79.95.
She also told me that only 300 copies were brought into Australia and the only reason she got them was because she knows someone from universal - so if anyone lives around here go get it quickly!!

angel_28 said:

Was not too bad cost me 75$ ...49$ for the set...and 25$ for express shipping..a little pricey but i could not wait anymore...:)
That's quite a bit, but if you wanted it, it makes sense. So, no duties, then?

I'm happy because amazon.ca just shipped my order. I should get it by Tuesday (Wednesday at the latest) because I'm close to the shipments center!
mysterious_jen said:
can you cancel an order with amazon and get your money back if they have allegedly already shipped, i still havent got it. i should have went with ebay.
Once you get it, you can request a refund by printing an order form, but they'll charge you for the shipping if there's no defect. I suggest you look closely for something wrong with the set. It shouldn't take too long to get to you, though, depending on where you live. Shipping seems to have slowed with Canada Post already. My father was supposed to get his birthday card yesterday. Hopefully it arrived today.

Last edited:
Well, Canada Customs is inspecting everything, and there are probably more shipments this time of year. I remember I ordered a Japanese import Cure CD unavailable in Canada from the US. It took over a month to get to me. Shipments have sped up, but that's why I hate Canada Customs. Also, there's all that terror alert stuff.

Cool. Canada Post or whatever amazon.ca is using never works on weekends, except today! I just got my Joshua Tree deluxe edition 2 CD + DVD and deluxe 2 CD. (That's right; I'm a greedy bastard and I wanted both!). The odd thing is that they were manufactured in America; they have the FBI warning. Maybe the major distributor for Canada messed up or something and just didn't get the shipment in time, and now only now got it. Or maybe amazon.ca got fed up and just switched to a US supplier.

Whatever the case, I'm glad I got it in time for Christmas break!

Last edited:
Muldfeld said:
Cool. Canada Post or whatever amazon.ca is using never works on weekends, except today! I just got my Joshua Tree deluxe edition 2 CD + DVD and deluxe 2 CD. (That's right; I'm a greedy bastard and I wanted both!). The odd thing is that they were manufactured in America; they have the FBI warning. Maybe the major distributor for Canada messed up or something and just didn't get the shipment in time, and now only now got it. Or maybe amazon.ca got fed up and just switched to a US supplier.

Whatever the case, I'm glad I got it in time for Christmas break!

Great to hear that you got yours! :up:

If you look at your copies of u2 18 cd/dvd book and your u2 bomb cd/dvd book, you'll see the fbi labels on those too. Because of the state of the record industry, I believe Universal Canada no longer has a location to produce this type of product within Canada. The USA will ALWAYS get these special releases before we do. That is the reality. Not until the Universal has meet its supply demand for the USA will Canada get their copies. This really sucks for us. From now on it is amazon.com for me. I'm not waiting 3-4 weeks for this any longer. 1-2 weeks maybe, but I no longer trust Universal Canada to get this to me in a reasonable time frame. The Holiday season just makes this all worse.

Best thing to do from now on: Pre-order from Amazon.com.

But if you look at the single disc remasters of The Joshua Tree, they're made in Toronto or some Canadian city, Roland of Gilead. Usually for rereleases like The Cure, including the single-disc versions, it's all printed in California and arrives in Canada perfectly on time. This time, it seems they tried to make some copies locally. There had to be a problem for there to be such a huge delay in Canada. It's very odd.

I'd prefer to get stuff manufactured in the US because they're usually more professional. The Toronto Universal Music manufacturer always damages the spine of the booklets. It's very unprofessional. However, I'd rather not order from amazon.com because of the hefty import duties. I had to pay $27 on a shipment from CD Universe last month; that's GST + PST + and $8 handling charge. Sometimes they don't do it, but it's risky if they do.

Anyway, thanks for the congratulations on getting my stuff.

Last edited:
Got mine from JB on the weekend for $58.99 :love:

Good luck trying to find a copy Jen- definately try JB :yes: The one i went to only had 2-3 in stock, hope you can get one soon :up:

I was talking to the man in Castle Hill JB...i think it was castle hill, dont know my towns around that area

He said that they wont have any until mid Jan next yr :(

Back
Top Bottom