MERGED --> Joshua Tree Deluxe: delayed in Australia + Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well thats yet another Friday night spent on the couch getting slowly pissed watch a U2 DVD!!

Earnie Shavers said:
JB on Elizabeth St should have loads.

Sweet, that's easy to get to.

Those of you who've picked up a copy, what section of the store are they being stocked in? I imagine they aren't with regular albums. With my shit vision, treks to music stores seem to involve far too much aimless wandering.

Just called my JBhifi (geelong) and they haven't received the Super Deluxe set yet:( but they do have the other two. Now I just have to resist the temptation to buy the double disc and then the Super deluxe when it finally arrives:shifty:

Last edited:
I just bought mine from JB on my way home!! The artwork and packaging is just gorgeous!!

Listened to the first half the b-side disc on the way home!! :drool:

Will watch Paris tonight!! :D

Hey Axver! I found the super-deluxe box sets on a display shelf above the U2 section in the rock/pop aisle of JB. ;)

Hi Cinnaminson. Do resist the temptation of buying the other two! The wait is worth it -- the super-deluxe version is awesome!!

JB HiFi, I love you :D
Picked mine up after work from the Elizabeth street store :up:

Packaging is :drool:

Clearing my calendar for the weekend :wink:

JB Frankston had a copy of the "Super-Deluxe" in the new release stand, in front of some Standard-Deluxe copies. Dunno how many copies they had not in view. Also there weren't any near the usual U2 section.

I grabbed my copy and didn't let go until I'd finished browsing :wink:

kabigon said:
JB Frankston had a copy of the "Super-Deluxe" in the new release stand, in front of some Standard-Deluxe copies. Dunno how many copies they had not in view. Also there weren't any near the usual U2 section.

I grabbed my copy and didn't let go until I'd finished browsing :wink:

People in Frankston listen to U2?

I was just at Sunrise Records on Yonge Street, near Dundas, in Toronto. They're selling all the CD versions of the Joshua Tree rerelease -- from the single disc to the deluxe to the 2 CD + DVD box set.

I looked at the back and they're all from the US.

If you don't wanna wait until next Tuesday, I'd suggest you go over there. Maybe phone them first because I don't know how many copies they have.

Just be warned. Sunrise accepts no returns, only store credit.

Just checked the biggest local music shop website - the super duper deluxe edition is - are you ready? - 50,99 EUR.

:no: Pass, unless Santa is feeling very generous this year.

Sanity is absolutely useless :crazy: :mad:

I'm thinking about travelling to JB which is about an hour away, anyone know what JB is charging for the super deluxe version? Trying to find this damn thing is impossible :(

cinnaminson said:
I've cancelled my order at Sanity, they are completely useless:rant:

I spoke to a guy at JB who said they're charging $59.99 but I think he might have been confused. If my local don't have it then it's off to Melbourne tomorrow:yuck:

I had it ordered through Sanity too... so pissed off with them!

Sounds like all Sanity workers are crap :wink: They don't even know how to communicate between stores properly :eyebrow:

Big W and Kmart don't have it yet :shrug:
Looks like it'll have to be JB- i don't mind paying $60, afterall Sanity was going to charge $80, but travelling is going to be a pain :(

so i went to Robina Town Centre today and checked it out at JB-HiFi. $60. i wasn't going to buy it; i was gonna buy it later with my birthday money... lol, fat chance, once i saw it i had to buy it. and there i was on the bus, tearing it out of its plastic and looking at everything... watching Outside It's America now. top work U2, if you can do this for UF, AB, Zooropa etc... i'll be more than willing to part with $60 each time.

Love the Paris gig.
Have been so use to my (poor quality) bootleg version, that (WOW) the master is fantastic
Love the Easter egg too, of The Dalton Brothers

Yahweh said:
Is this available in Canada yet? Anybody been able to find it?

:waiting:

No idea. Umusic.ca still says Dec.18th and Amazon.ca is saying today. Next time there is a book/cd/dvd package for a u2 release I am going straight to amazon.com. This is too long.

Back
Top Bottom