MERGED-->Joshua Tree + Bono's Autograph/Joshua tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lemontreeexit

The Fly
Joshua Tree

When I met Bono in Houston I had him sign my map that I believe shows where the JT is. Who here has actually found it?

There are some good picutures on the net, or at least there used to be. This one kid actually had the JT album in his hand, and took a picture of the real joshua tree, I think.

interesting though

The Joshua Tree

Hello everyone. I am going to find the remins of the tre ein March of 06 ( I even had bono sign a map of where I think it is located inHouston) I am looking for people to talk to who have actually been to the tree.
aedwards39@cox.net
AIM-packardgoose2112

I found it back in 1994. I have pictures too. I actually have a piece of bark from the tree as well.

Which may be why I'm done telling people where to find it.

Doesn't really matter now as it has fallen to the ground anyway, does it?

...or does it...

Oh crap, what if that small insignificant piece of bark that I removed set off a chain reaction that led to the eventual collapse of the tree!? What if I killed the Joshua Tree!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Why did this have to happen to me?! Things were just starting to get better in my life. I was finally starting to become comfortable with myself! And now........THIS HAS TO HAPPEN!!!!! OH, the guilt is too unbearable! Oh that the rocks would fall upon me and cover my sins! Oh that I could wash the blood from my hands! If only I could crawl under a mountain and die! But alas, my punishment is just. I am constrained to live with this eternal torment forever more.

Hoodlem said:

Doesn't really matter now as it has fallen to the ground anyway, does it?

...or does it...

Oh crap, what if that small insignificant piece of bark that I removed set off a chain reaction that led to the eventual collapse of the tree!?

:rolleyes:

Don't be such a smartass. If the hundreds of people who get there every year (even now that it's fallen) each take a "small insignificant piece of bark" eventually there won't be anything left to go see, will there? Joshua trees take decades of growth to reach the height The Tree attained, and, no, your single piece of bark didn't kill it, but how do you know you're the only one who took a small insignificant piece?

You didn't kill the tree; I wouldn't let you think you're that important, but it would be nice if others didn't follow your example, leaving something for those who will follow you to see.

Sorry about my last post. I was in a wierd mood yesterday when I posted. But seriousley, I would imagine that the tree is quite hard to find now that it is on the ground. It is quite a ways from the road and there were really no other trees around it to use as markers. It would be quite a challenge to find it now. Now that the tree is dead, Mother Nature will do a lot worse things to it than a few fans could ever do. I imagine there won't be much left in a few years.

As to why the tree fell, my guess is that it's because of its odd shape. It is a very unique tree, very different than most other joshua trees. My guess is that that huge branch that sticks out (to the right in most photos) finally got too heavy to be supported and when it gave way, the other side of the tree was too heavy to keep it up any more. It was actaully a very big tree. A lot bigger than it looks in pictures. I remember thinking when I was there, that it seemed like that branch could go at any time. It just looked so heavy and awkward sticking out to the side as it was.

But, let's face it, he had a good run. Probably one of the most famous and recognizable trees in the world. The Joshua Tree is Dead. Long live the Joshua Tree.

Bono's Autograph/Joshua tree

Hey everyone, when I met bono outside in houston, I showed him my map I had printed off with the location of th eJoshua Tree. Here's the signature "Anthonie's to the J Tree one two tree Oklahoma" i told him i drove from oklahoma...ha. http://members.cox.net/aedwards39/scan0001.jpg

By the way if anyone here has google earth IM me on AIM "packardgoose2112" and ill show you some U2 locations in the desert in california...

Luckyyyyy! I was recently in Vegas (For obvious U2 reasons :drool: ) and all I could think about on the drive there and back was wanting to go find out where that tree was! The Tree! I've always wanted to go see it, but I have no clue where it is. You see lots of joshua trees of all shapes and sizes driving between CA and NV, but it's just not the same. One day I'll make the trip to go see it, I'll find it if it kills me and blast Streets all the way back home! :wink:

Very cool autograph. Super jealous! :madspit:

Hey! email me or im me "aedwards39@cox.net". And, I will tell you where to find out. I'm making the trip myself in March

Back
Top Bottom