MERGED--->Jay Z - SNL - Bono Lyrics? + Jay-Z Bono reference on SNL + Jay-Z Hangin'...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tip Top Prince

War Child
Jay Z - SNL - Bono Lyrics?

I was only half listening, but he sang a song "With Guns and Roses" as the 'chorus', and I'm sure he mentioned Bono and U2 in the first verse.

Anyone know if this is a song, or just a 'rap' thing? (made up on the spot?)

BTW, Lenny Kravitz and Band were his backup.

Yeah, I heard it too... Bono is mentioned, something like (people hanging with Bono...) but the u2 mention was a "you too" mention rather than the band "u2" although I good be mistaken. Don't know if it actually part of the song.

HelloAngel said:
I think the song is called "Bonnie & Clyde" if that was the one he sang with Beyonce. :shrug:

That's probably what it is called because it's been on the radio a lot lately, so I'm assuming it's his new single.

The song with the Bono and U2 references was not the one he sang with Beyonce. I think it's actually part of the song. Something about "hos hanging out with Bono...U2..." and then it switches to "you two" (isn't wordplay great?).

When I heard it my ears perked up like a cocker spaniel hearing a high-pitched dog whistle. I'd love to know the actual lyrics if anyone's figured them out.

Jay Z's Bono reference on SNL

did anyone catch this performance? I didn't understand the lyrics or know the title to the song. All I know is Jay Z said something about "Bono" and then "you too can do such and such and you too can be so and so". Anyone have any clue on this one?

Back
Top Bottom