MERGED ----> is this the end + okay let me translate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2_Guy said:
Artistically, U2 consciously killed himself.

Until Pop there was real art in the whole package.

From ATYCLB on they will keep making formulaic songs and over produced albums. From ATYCLB on U2 albums will be only an excuse to make more money and gain more fans. And, of course, to tour the world with "stripped down" shows (meaning boring stages and set designs) that will cost you loads of money. Ya know, you have to make mony mony make mony mony.

Don't expect conceptual tours/albums no more.

Expect more of the same very well crafted pop songs... But don't expect magic like you had till Pop.

Wow, you must really be envious of the quality of songs on ATYCLB and HTDAAB.

Perhaps you'd like to listen to New Years Day, Pride, I still haven't found what I'm looking for, Mysterious ways, Staring at the sun. U2 have been using the standard songwriting formula for YEARS. Verse-chorus-verse-chorus-solo(or middle eight/bridge)-end.

HTDAAB and ATYCLB also sound like live albums compared to the overproduced 90's albums.

U2 is a popular band. Of course they make money with tours and albums. Did they ever not want that?

Funny you should mention boring setlists, Zoo TV (apart the time when they started the Zooropa songs) and Popmart had FAR more static setlists like Elevation - which, BTW, had the biggest amount of songs played ever. And as far as I'm concerned the heart was their best stage design idea so far.

After HTDAAB we will for sure get a new direction.

LostAtMoon said:
But I'm sure that you had already downloaded it and you’re probably not even a fan! :madspit:

Actually I'm a huge fan I've got tons of singles, bootlegs, t-shirts, etc. and haven't bought it for two reasons. The first is I simply don't like it very much. It's a good album but after a week of listening to it it's just boring to me and I haven't really felt the urge to listen to it in two weeks. The second is that I'm pretty tight on money and don't feel like it's worth the money right now to simply have the physical CD of an album I'm not going to listen to. Within the next year I'll probably pick it up to give it another spin with a better quality version and to make things honest but for now it's staying unpurchased.

And considering I wound up buying POP twice I'll look at this as bumming 15 bucks from Bono.

LiveFire said:

Actually I'm a huge fan I've got tons of singles, bootlegs, t-shirts, etc. and haven't bought it for two reasons. The first is I simply don't like it very much. It's a good album but after a week of listening to it it's just boring to me and I haven't really felt the urge to listen to it in two weeks. The second is that I'm pretty tight on money and don't feel like it's worth the money right now to simply have the physical CD of an album I'm not going to listen to. Within the next year I'll probably pick it up to give it another spin with a better quality version and to make things honest but for now it's staying unpurchased.

And considering I wound up buying POP twice I'll look at this as bumming 15 bucks from Bono.

It was like 8 dollars at Best Buy.

david said:

It was like 8 dollars at Best Buy.

That's an hour of me working for an album I'm not going to listen to. :)

I'll get around to getting it maybe in the U2 Complete Works if I get the $$. The completeist in me will demand it.

Back
Top Bottom