MERGED -> Is there any new information on the Milan DVD? + A letter I received about

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Is there any new information on the Milan DVD?

It's been a while since we've heard anything, and I'm really excited to see this, it looks like it's gonna be a great show.

I heard they might not send it out this year because of the selling of ZooTV DVD...

U2FanPeter said:
Hamish is trying to fit in a couple thousand more edits before it gets released.

:lol:

"Yes I think we should change to all 25 camrea angles in the next 5 seconds"

"Wooow Just fucking woow that looks awsome!"

:wink:

According to www.u2star.com Lara (moderator and site admin) sent letters to U2's Fan Service after starting a succesful petition on which nearly 2000 fans signed in, in 1 week. They replied with an annoying, disprectful and careless line

"It is not going to be released."

How come they drop just a line to the fans?. I simply can't stand that horrible lack of respect :mad:
They grow fat and rich because of the band and the fans, and then they can't even type a letter to reply fans asking? :angry:

Lazy stupids !

How come they call themselves "Fan Service"?

I bet you there're at least 1000 devoted fans who would love to work for U2, even for free, on that Fan Service instead of those morons :down:

ponkine said:
According to www.u2star.com Lara (moderator and site admin) sent letters to U2's Fan Service after starting a succesful petition on which nearly 2000 fans signed in, in 1 week. They replied with an annoying, disprectful and careless line

"It is not going to be released."

How come they drop just a line to the fans?. I simply can't stand that horrible lack of respect :mad:
They grow fat and rich because of the band and the fans, and then they can't even type a letter to reply fans asking? :angry:

Lazy stupids !

How come they call themselves "Fan Service"?

I bet you there're at least 1000 devoted fans who would love to work for U2, even for free, on that Fan Service instead of those morons :down:

That's a bit harsh. I'd rather they responded to the many letters and questions that they get each day with short and concise responses (which they do) than spend time on elaborate PR releases.. what else do you want them to say?? This is always how the U2 org has responded to questions about what the band are planning, going back to the 80s. They run a fantastic fan service in my opinion (u2.com aside).

I know it is probably a great show, but I don't see any reason why they should do a wide release for a second Veritigo show when they already have one the Chicago Show. We got one for the War Tour with Under a Blood Red Sky and one for the Joshua Tree and Lovetown Tour with Rattle And Hum, Zoo TV had one, and Popmart had one. Then we had Elevation Boston and the Slane DVD which was more of a one-off as it was a "home coming DVD for U2. It does not make any sense to put out a second Vertigo show unless they release it in a limited way to in Italy, or by order only. In addition, aren't they trying to get a third show from South America on IMAX too?

Anticipation said:
Then we had Elevation Boston and the Slane DVD which was more of a one-off as it was a "home coming DVD for U2. It does not make any sense to put out a second Vertigo show unless they release it in a limited way to in Italy, or by order only. In addition, aren't they trying to get a third show from South America on IMAX too?

We have nothing from the LoveTown Tour mate :eyebrow:

And I highly highly highly ........ doubt there's not going to have a Stadium DVD of the tour , just coz some fan bullshit said like that

It'll be out this Christmas. That's why they are releasing the Zoo dvd so early.

I was in the front row at Sao Paulo 1 which Hamish Hamilton attended. Before the show, Hamish walked onstage with the director of the Brasil TV broadcast and he was close enough to me for me to talk briefly with him. I asked him if the Milan dvd was going to be released and he said it would be out at the end of the year.

At least at that time in February, Hamish was under the full impression that the show will be released on dvd. Perhaps its release is delayed as a result of the decision to put out the Zoo TV Sydney dvd in September or maybe as U2Man stated that they have room to release both this year.

Zoo Tv and the U2 By U2 book are coming out almost simultaneously and will help to cross promote each other. Perhaps in late November they still will release the Milan dvd which will also help cross promote the U2 book in time for holiday shopping.

Halup said:
Perhaps in late November they still will release the Milan dvd which will also help cross promote the U2 book in time for holiday shopping.

:yes: :up:

I would be VERY surprised if they released both Zoo TV and Milan this year. But I would not object at all if they did. :whistle: :corn:

Halup said:
At least at that time in February, Hamish was under the full impression that the show will be released on dvd. Perhaps its release is delayed as a result of the decision to put out the Zoo TV Sydney dvd in September or maybe as U2Man stated that they have room to release both this year.
Maybe Hamish ruined it beyond repair, and they decided not to release it, but just haven't told him yet :shh:

A letter I received about the Milan DVD petition...

This just goes to show how dedicated and passionate fans are...

Dan,

Good job on the petition.

Just a question: when did you create it? I ask this cause the 862 signatures gathered so far seem a tad little to convince u2 management. 10,000 may be more appropriate.

How have you advertized this? Did you try to reach out to the U2 fan communities around the world? This would be a good place to start.

Take care, man. I'm crossing my fingers for this to work (I really want to Milan DVD)

Cheers

So far we have 863 signatures.

Will you sign your name?

http://www.petitiononline.com/htdaab/

But U2.com stated they will have a dvd of the new Best Of ,
do you still think Milan will be released ? I don't think they would have two dvd's out at Christmas , what do you think ?

tuwie said:
there must be a legitimate reason for not releasing it......

we get 10 Songs on DVD - that's cool for me.
By the way they got also the 3D-HD IMAX Movie in the line. If they now did a full release of Milan - that would be a little too much: 3 Films of one tour. I'm really happy with the way it is now.
We get a best of DVD (I hope with unforgettable fire and many of the old videos) and we get a 10 Song Milan DVD. And in some time when the market is ready for the 3D thing (James Cameron and Lucas are right now are in the middle of their work there) they will put out the Buenos Aires 3D Film - I think: GREAT!!!

PS - they also had technical problems while shooting Milan -

I just thought of something . They may give the Milan dvd to
new members of U2.com , they can't keep the same cd/dvd for
those subscribers who already have it .

u2trinity said:
I just thought of something . They may give the Milan dvd to
new members of U2.com , they can't keep the same cd/dvd for
those subscribers who already have it .

That would be huge, but I doubt it. Fingers crossed, though.

It is about time they changed up the subscription bonus. It's been just about a year since they started giving away U2.Communication----so all the people who signed up when that giveaway started (i.e., me) are now due for renewal. I'd rather hold off on renewing for a bit until they get something else......don't really feel like getting a second copy of Communication....

Back
Top Bottom