MERGED --> Is anyone here completely new to U2? + Any new fans on the forum since ..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I burned HTDAAB for a friend of mine who owns zero U2 albums. He's 30 years old. Now he keeps e-mailing me telling me how great it is. Yesterday I dropped off a whole stack of U2 CDs for him. U2 is the gift that keeps on giving.

doctorwho said:

You know...

U2 did tour in Kansas City in the "Joshua Tree" hey day (or "back in the day" as you wrote). Also, they filmed the video for "Last Night on Earth" there. So.... U2 does have a little history with Kansas City. :yes:

They were here 'way back in the day' too. On the Elevation Tour during I Will Follow, Bono recollected being 18 or 19 playing that song at the Uptown in Kansas City and not being old enough to buy a drink.

I'm new!:wave: I just started really getting into them like a month or two ago on my 15th birthday my aunt gave me a U2 cd (they are her lifelong obsession, she said I should start now, lol) there are still many, many songs I haven't heard. I also just wish I had "discovered" them sooner, I have been missing out on some amazing stuff! So far I only have the Best of 1980-1990 (my dad had it) ATYCLB, and HTDAAB oh yeah and the dvd of the show from Ireland. Its exciting hearing a song for the first time, I love just randomly listening to U2 stuff that I have never heard before. and I live in Florida so its a HUGE bonus that my first ever U2 show will be opening night!!

Last edited:
Trust me, cooldownmama, the more you listen to U2, the more you want to listen to them. I'm to the point where I almost don't listen to anything other than U2 and everyday I come home from school and search the web for newly posted bootlegs.
-nicholsfornixon

The radio? What's that? LoL I'm a big Z100 (NYC area) Morning Zoo fan and I always listen to them in the mornings on my way to school, but ever since I got HTDAAB I haven't had the radio on. I listen to it on the way to school and while I'm in class I can't wait til it's over so that I can drive home and listen to the CD again!

Hmm now I don't know how to go about this...start buying from most recent to the oldest albums, or oldest to most recent? :eyebrow:

Sami0201, I think that's great you're starting to know U2 at 15. I'm jealous :) Becaust of that AND that your first U2 show will be opening night!

:wave: CoolDownMama!

How neat it is to have a recent convert! :hyper: I strongly reccomend that you get your hands on the Boston DVD as soon as possible. U2 is a band that loves to perform live and this DVD definetly shows that to be evident.

Welcome to the Blue Crack! Buckle up...these coming months are going to be nuts!

[sarcasm/]Buy 25 copies of Pop, and start a thread about each one explaining in detail how much you love/hate them. [/sarcasm]

Welcome to all new U2 fanatic!

2 months ago I was in Germany for 1 month and completely made my german teacher (who is 36) be addicted to U2. She just knew New year's day, Pride, Sunday, WOWY and Beautiful day..... by now, she has the whole collection and all the DVD.... she learned very quickly!!!! She e-mail me every day telling me about her top 10 U2 song...... she got crazy! She doesn't know how she could just live without U2 for all those years when she was 17 and U2 was releasing Joshua Tree and stuff like that.......

She catches up now......

deltau922 said:

They were here 'way back in the day' too. On the Elevation Tour during I Will Follow, Bono recollected being 18 or 19 playing that song at the Uptown in Kansas City and not being old enough to buy a drink.

LOL, Did they play Kemper? I moved to NYC in 98.
But now it's all coming back to me. I think I remember them playing The Uptown, but i was to young for shows then, my Mom
was not letting me go. I think they did play Arrowhead to.
CRAP I feel old!!

sami0201 said:
I'm new!:wave: I just started really getting into them like a month or two ago on my 15th birthday my aunt gave me a U2 cd (they are her lifelong obsession, she said I should start now, lol) there are still many, many songs I haven't heard. I also just wish I had "discovered" them sooner, I have been missing out on some amazing stuff! So far I only have the Best of 1980-1990 (my dad had it) ATYCLB, and HTDAAB oh yeah and the dvd of the show from Ireland. Its exciting hearing a song for the first time, I love just randomly listening to U2 stuff that I have never heard before. and I live in Florida so its a HUGE bonus that my first ever U2 show will be opening night!!

Good to hear of young people getting into U2 :) ...i think you are an exception among the people of your age, aren't you? what do your school mates think of Bono? Do they know him?...i'm curious ;)

anyway you definitely have musical taste :)...just make sure to put your hands on Achtung Baby as soon as possible: you'll love U2 even more :wave:

P.S.
i've also started listening to U2 when i was 15...but that was in 1993 (i feel old...:sad: )

Last edited:
dima: My friends don't prefer their music..they like all the garbage that's on pop radio now...although sometimes when I play a U2 song (such as Beautiful Day, WOWY, Sweetest Thing, etc.) they will be like 'wow that's U2? I didn't know that was them!' But they don't ever listen to U2 on their own, only when I do.(except one of my friends who now likes Where the Streets Have No Name because she heard Clay Aiken's version :madspit:, and at least she agrees that U2's is better) I will go buy Achtung Baby, that's next on my list!

All newcomers should absolutely include the Slane dvd in their collections.....very moving show....

new u2 fan

My brother who is 20 has never gotten into the band - he is in love with HTDAAB - He is big music fan and just thinks this record is the greatest piece of music he has heard in a long time.

Back
Top Bottom