MERGED ---> In a nutshell..... + Alot of u2 fans talk bollocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alot of u2 fans talk bollocks

Pretentious,self gratifying bullshit.That what alot of u2 fans post in this forum.'too sing along' ...'not experimental'.....'poor lyrics especially in the lead up to the chorus'.These are just a few of the crap statements that the self designated experts come up with:madspit: .
Well if you lot can write better music than u2 i'd like to hear it:ohmy: Until you do i'd like you all to fuck off and stop being so far up your own arses.......cheers!!!!!....,
BSB:wave:

I may be a piss-poor guitar player and a mediocre singer, but that doesn't stop me from loving music and listening to tons of it - not just U2, but many, many different bands and artists. So I don't think I am necessarily talking out of my ass when I don't blindly worship every note U2 has ever recorded.

Bono's shades said:
I may be a piss-poor guitar player and a mediocre singer, but that doesn't stop me from loving music and listening to tons of it - not just U2, but many, many different bands and artists. So I don't think I am necessarily talking out of my ass when I don't blindly worship every note U2 has ever recorded.

Well said! :up:

Bono's shades said:

Agreed.

That said, I love U2. I think they're brilliant. How to Dismantle... is currently my 4th favourite album. I certainly don't criticize every move they make. In fact, I can't think of a single U2 song I truly HATE. I like Elevation. I LOVE Miami. I like The Refugee. I LOVE A Man and a Woman. I like ect...

But I think I'm still allowed to criticize them, it's part of a discussion board :shrug: U2 is and always will be my favourite band but that doesn't mean I worship every part of them ever.

It would be pretentious to believe U2 could do no wrong and self gratifying to wish that differeing opinions about that would just go away.

Re: Alot of u2 fans talk bollocks

boystupidboy said:
Pretentious,self gratifying bullshit.That what alot of u2 fans post in this forum.'too sing along' ...'not experimental'.....'poor lyrics especially in the lead up to the chorus'.These are just a few of the crap statements that the self designated experts come up with:madspit: .
Well if you lot can write better music than u2 i'd like to hear it:ohmy: Until you do i'd like you all to fuck off and stop being so far up your own arses.......cheers!!!!!....,
BSB:wave:

Agreed 100%.

I've been getting a little tired of coming to talk about how much I like the new album (or a lot other topics) and being bombarded with posts saying how crap everything is. If I wanted to talk about how I think everything is shit, then I'd go to a suicide chat room.

Everyone is entitled to thier opinion, but I think some of us are being a little harsh on the guys alot of the time. Yes, the U2 of today has changed from the U2 of the past, but it's not a bad change. Its just not what you were expecting.

I don't like Lemon, Miami, Stuck in a moment, Numb, Red Light, All because of you.

Because of this ain't I a truly fan. Yeah, I really hate this 6 songs, but for 1 song that I hate there are 20 U2 songs that I love and that make my life better.

I love U2, they are my band but I have the right to not like some of their stuff.

MacPhistoPT said:
I don't like Lemon, Miami, Stuck in a moment, Numb, Red Light, All because of you.

Because of this ain't I a truly fan? :huh:

Yeah, I really hate this 6 songs, but for 1 song that I hate there are 20 U2 songs that I love and that make my life better.

I love U2, they are my band but I have the right to not like some of their stuff.

sorry, I expected do to "Edit"

Last edited:
I don't 'blindly' like all of u2's music but some of the critisism in this place place is a joke.Complaining that they should have used this word instead of that word...yadda yadda yadda.Don't take it all too seriously:(

There is a difference between critisism and the constant complaints, very often from the same people. That's when it is merely whining.

And liking the last album (or two) does not make one a "blind" fan no matter how often it gets repeated here.

Back
Top Bottom