MERGED-->If U2 had penned "Fix You" + Coldplay can kiss my ass!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MacPhistoPT said:
But I admit that I'm becoming sick of C.Martin and of their songs that sound almost equally in these 3 albums... it's a cool sound but it's too much :huh:

Exactly. I'd say they were a decent band if every freaking song wasn't the same.

I love Coldplay but this whole "we're gonna take out U2" thing is getting old. C'mon, Chris, you can't be better than U2 if you sound exactly like them! X & Y (the album) has grown on me but songs like Square One, White Shadows, and Low sound so much like U2 that's it hard for me to take them seriously. Coldplay needs to figure out another way to advance their sound...I think they stormed [quietly :p] ahead with AROBTTH but tripped with X & Y.

Oh and Stay...a less dark ballad? I've always found that song beautifully depressing - "because when he hurts you, you feel alive, hey now...is that what it is?" some people understand that line too well. fucking dark as hell if you ask me.

oMg ChRiS mArTiN iNveNtEd PiAnO!!11 aNd LCD!!!1 he inVEnTeD LOWest coMmOn dEnOmiNatOr!!11 aNd WaLkIng!!1

Re: Coldplay can kiss my ass!!!

Another Day said:
Look what that loudmouth moron Chris Martin had to say the other day:

" U2 can be beaten. For me it's no different from the film Rocky. You study your opponent. And I regard them as opponents." (from One Louder)

What a fucking wanker.

I can't believe some of you U2 fans actually like that overrated no-talent pencilneck imbecile.

Their music is complete crap.

Coldplay can't carry U2's jockstrap.

In 50 years' time, U2's powerful, soulful songs will still be played over and over again by new generations of fans, while Coldplay's laughable catalogue of boring piano rubbish will be relegated to the dustbin of history.

:up:

:applaud:

I heard Elton John listens to Ultra Violet while making sweet love to Stevie Winwood.

Don't you think this thread is getting a little too much attention? Let it go.

Axver said:

There's something wrong and arrogant in saying that you believe you and your bandmates have a special and successful chemistry together?

It becomes wrong and arrogant (IMO) when you say you have a chemistry like Who, Stones and Beatles at less than 3 albums under your belt.

Coldplay had something good going with Parachutes. They had a sound. They tried something different for whatever reason with ROBTTH and exploded beyond belief. X&Y is more of the same - they didn't take any chances and the result is a dull(for the most part, there are a few good songs) record. But there is nothing there that sounds like Yellow or Trouble or Shiver or Don't Panic. All four of those songs beat anything on X&Y and a good portion of ROBTTH. If they had continued with their original sound and let it evolve, they might have been something special. But if they keep just doing what they're doing over and over again they won't be, imo.

U2girl said:

It becomes wrong and arrogant (IMO) when you say you have a chemistry like Who, Stones and Beatles at less than 3 albums under your belt.

Even though you've been together for more than five years and are well aware of how your band works together? How long and how many albums must you release before you are permitted to comment on how good or bad your band's chemistry is?

Axver said:

Even though you've been together for more than five years and are well aware of how your band works together? How long and how many albums must you release before you are permitted to comment on how good or bad your band's chemistry is?

They can comment on how good or bad their chemistry is whenever the want. It's just when they compare to the great bands of all time when it gets bothersome. Chemistry is NOT a static entity. It can go away. The Beatles' chemistry was gone by 1969-70 and that's a big reason why they split. Lennon and McCartney hated each other. GnR had NO chemistry left after the UYI tour...Axl and Slash would've killed each other. To compare your chemistry to that of a band that has had SUCH good chemistry that they've been around for decades on end, you ought to be at least close to them in years. It's not just about having good chemistry, it's also about how long you have it for.

Last edited:
Re: Coldplay can kiss my ass!!!

Another Day said:
Look what that loudmouth moron Chris Martin had to say the other day:

" U2 can be beaten. For me it's no different from the film Rocky. You study your opponent. And I regard them as opponents." (from One Louder)

What a fucking wanker.

I can't believe some of you U2 fans actually like that overrated no-talent pencilneck imbecile.

Their music is complete crap.

Coldplay can't carry U2's jockstrap.

In 50 years' time, U2's powerful, soulful songs will still be played over and over again by new generations of fans, while Coldplay's laughable catalogue of boring piano rubbish will be relegated to the dustbin of history.

Crap post,,

:lock:

before talking about u2 he should wash his mouth........................man, he's basing his whole career copying u2, that's how he wants to pass them?? making music like a COVER BAND? ACTING like a COVER BAND?...........where's the music going...........:(

their songs are mellow, martin has limited range and lacks diversity in style, and all of them have a plodding-along type tempo. do they have u2's diversity and innovation? all their songs sound the same. coldplay are closer to being the lemonheads than they are to being u2. i'd even rate green day above coldplay

franz

Re: Re: Coldplay can kiss my ass!!!

yimou said:

Crap post,,

:lock:

Crap post. :down:

This is a pretty rocking thread though, or at least the parts that slag off Coldplay. :rockon:

:wink:

These kinds of heated discussions over "who's the best band" are EXACTLY what both Bono / U2 and Chris Martin / Coldplay have wanted for years: a big, old-fashioned rock n' roll rivalry.

This is the way it used to be -- Beatles vs. Stones, Who vs. Zeppelin, etc.

It's all in good fun, don't get your knickers in bunches. As David Bowie once said, "This is music, you know. No one gets a medal at the end of all of it."

shaun vox said:

i though you would never ask!! but i would like to go on the honeymoon before the marriage (if thats ok with you):flirt:

:cute:

The flights are booked. But listen - none of that u2 shit in the bedroom please, they put me off my stroke.....:sexywink:

k, i'm gonna ask one more time for people to make posts consisting of something just a bit better than "lolz coldplay r a bunch of doodieheads!"

this isn't the kindergarten playground, there's enough room for both bands in the atmosphere. if you have an actual opinion/viewpoint/whatever, fine, but you're going to have to do better than name calling and grade school-level insults.

if i see any more, this thread will be closed.

Back
Top Bottom