MERGED-->If U2 had penned "Fix You" + Coldplay can kiss my ass!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When Coldplay can write songs that have the depth of:

Bad,
Sunday Bloody Sunday,
New Years Day,
Walk On,
Kite,
Love and Peace or Else,
Sometimes..,
Stuck in a Moment,
Pride,
One,
Until The End of the World,
Acrobat,
Lemon,
Stay,
A Sort of Homecoming,
Running to Stand Still,
Bullet The Blue Sky,
Please,
Gone,
Wake Up Dead Man..

Then maybe..

I don't see it happening anytime soon. And for every U2 song that might seem like a throw away song, meaningless, there's still those songs I just listed.

david said:
Coldplay wont beat them. Coldplay just sell a lot of records because they write pretty songs. A majority of their songs are just fluff. They wont ever beat U2 content wise. That's why I get annoyed when I see the headlines on magazines that say "The next U2."

Exactly....:wink:

If U2 had penned "Fix You"

How cool would that be?

The answer, my friends, is very.

Couldn't you just see Edge playing that sweet, sweet riff... then Bono chiming in with "Tears stream... down you face...". Wow, I get chills when I think about it.

U2, please play "Fix You"... You can do it.

Best Setlist Ever:

Zooropa
Stay (Faraway, so Close)
Lemon
The Unforgettable Fire
A Sort of Homecoming
Exit
Mothers of the Disappeared
With or Without You
Heartland
Van Diemen's Land
A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel
Dirty Day
Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
One
So Cruel
Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World
Acrobat
Discothèque
Mofo
Gone
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Walk On
Kite
New York
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
City of Blinding Lights
Crumbs From Your Table
Fix You

Nothing's impossible... U2, do it.

Hoodlem said:
Edge would come up with a way more inventive riff than that. At least he would have back in the day.

Are you kidding? It's its simplicity that makes it so amazing! To have made it so powerful is a feet. Think of the bassline to WOWY, same deal... Incredible song. Tears would stream down my face if U2 played it.

It's right up there with SYCMIOYO... too bad Coldplay's video pretty much rips-off U2's SYCMIOYO... Dude walking down the street singing, dude joins live band on stage for climax of song. Not that I care, I don't compare the two bands... don't think they're one and the same... Love both songs and think the videos have similar feels.

Fix You is arguably the worst song I have heard in a long time. The difference between Chris Martin and Bono is that Martin sings about toys while Bono sings about people.

Wrong Forum to put that, I love Coldplay but prepare to get flame or at least Coldplay/Fix You will get flamed...

however you can dream...if Coldplay visits a concert we might get a cool fix you snippet

Fix You is one of the best ballads I've heard in a while...

Fix You is better than 'Sometimes'

theu2fly said:
Fix You is one of the best ballads I've heard in a while...

Fix You is better than 'Sometimes'

i agree and i also think that the new COLDPLAY album is better than htdaab!!!:shocked:

in terms of complete/well structured songs and a theme!!

I love Coldplay as background/driving music, especially Fix You (I know it's simplistic, I like it that way), but my one major gripe is Martin's lyrics. I was listening to X&Y again the other day for maybe the third time ever and I found myself guessing the second line to each lyric over and over. Martin can't write for shit, it's a real shame.

If anything, I think Coldplay could learn a thing or two by covering U2 songs, not the other way around. Besides, I didn't pay hundres of dollars, travel hundreds of miles, and wait in line for days (total) to hear Coldplay songs.

Axver said:
Fix You is arguably the worst song I have heard in a long time. The difference between Chris Martin and Bono is that Martin sings about toys while Bono sings about people.

uh about toys?? that's a new one Axver...

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I love Coldplay as background/driving music, especially Fix You (I know it's simplistic, I like it that way), but my one major gripe is Martin's lyrics. I was listening to X&Y again the other day for maybe the third time ever and I found myself guessing the second line to each lyric over and over. Martin can't write for shit, it's a real shame.

If anything, I think Coldplay could learn a thing or two by covering U2 songs, not the other way around. Besides, I didn't pay hundres of dollars, travel hundreds of miles, and wait in line for days (total) to hear Coldplay songs.

I think the U2 fans on this board are thinking Coldplay is going to write some type of song like Bono. Granted that Chris wants to be like Bono, Chris writes more personal lyrics, where as Bono writes songs about current events.

The next U2 won't write songs like U2, but will capture audiences like U2 did.

Mofo said:

uh about toys?? that's a new one Axver...

Well, this whole song about "I will fix you" sounds like someone dropped a Lego house on concrete and now he's got to put the little bricks back together.

Give them time, they're new... You have to compare their third album to U2's third album: War (includes the hit singles "Refugee" and "Two Hearts Beat As One".

Axver said:

Well, this whole song about "I will fix you" sounds like someone dropped a Lego house on concrete and now he's got to put the little bricks back together.

LOL! now that's not cool...I do find the song a bit condescending heck I wouldn't like it if someone sang me "I will fix you" fuck I ain't broke, however from what I read Martin wrote it to his wife when his father died or something along those lines

Axver said:

LEGO :drool:

U2Man said:

How?

I predict this thread is gonna turn nasty. :shh:

Well for starters they are both British, and they use more rock guitars and pianos and more ... symphonic melodies in their songs, sort of what the Beatles started doing in 1967 when they met George Martin. The Beatles took a direction to mature pop / rock music.

ZooMacPhisto800 said:
Give them time, they're new... You have to compare their third album to U2's third album: War (includes the hit singles "Refugee" and "Two Hearts Beat As One".

I don't think thats fair, different times, situations etc... but I usually stay away from comparing this two bands makes me enjoy them more

Back
Top Bottom