MERGED ----> I wonder what U2.com can offer...renewing subscriptions... + U2.com...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New subscribers will get 5 more copies of U2.communication and the new compilation CD "In the name of love" with 15 live performances of Pride with a bonus DVD featuring the videoclips of Pride and One repeated for 2 hours.

Do some people here seriously think U2.com can offer something interesting for the upcoming renewals? :wink:

OpperGoeroe said:
New subscribers will get 5 more copies of U2.communication and the new compilation CD "In the name of love" with 15 live performances of Pride with a bonus DVD featuring the videoclips of Pride and One repeated for 2 hours.

Do some people here seriously think U2.com can offer something interesting for the upcoming renewals? :wink:

Mercy video?;)

two shots said:
I am still debating with myself whether I should join. If i join now, will I get the communication and the new communication?

I wonder....

You could just get them both for free elsewhere online. :wink:

So, did you renew?

ZOOULIVE - A double live cd of their Sydney Zoo era performance with a bonus song (Tryin' to Throw Your Arms... live from Yankee Stadium) 25 tracks total. Also included are 2 Zoo era posters.

Check it out. They have also updated the shop. Added a shirt and new lithos.

Roland of Gilead said:
So, did you renew?

ZOOULIVE - A double live cd of their Sydney Zoo era performance with a bonus song (Tryin' to Throw Your Arms... live from Yankee Stadium) 25 tracks total. Also included are 2 Zoo era posters.

Check it out. They have also updated the shop. Added a shirt and new lithos.
from zootopia:

More about 'ZOO2LIVE - U2 LIVE IN SYDNEY'

Commissioned and produced exclusively for U2.Com Subscribers, this two hour long double live CD comes in a specially gatefold sleeve, along with a fold-out colour poster recalling a unique moment in rock 'n' roll history at the Sydney Football Stadium in November of 1993. Extremely collectable, it's the only live album ever to be released from the legendary Zoo TV Tour.

Also including a bonus track from the Yankee Stadium in New York, these live tracks are not available for download and have never been made commercially available on CD.

'ZOO2LIVE' Disc 1

1. Show Opening

2. Zoo Station

3. The Fly

4. Even Better Than The Real Thing

5. Mysterious Ways

6. One

7. Unchained Melody

8. Until The End Of The World

9. New Year's Day

10. Numb

11. Angel Of Harlem

12. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)

13. Satellite Of Love

'ZOO2LIVE' Disc 2

1. Dirty Day

2. Bullet The Blue Sky

3. Running To Stand Still

4. Where The Streets Have No Name

5. Pride (In The Name Of Love)

6. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car

7. Macphisto

8. Lemon

9. With Or Without You

10. Love Is Blindness

11. Can't Help Falling In Love

Bonus Track

Tryin' To Throw Your Arms around the World
(live from the Zoo TV Special, Yankee Stadium, New York, 29th August 1992

:lmao:

u2.com, so generous.

here you go, our nice, hard-paying member of u2.com. we have kindly ripped the audio from the dvd that you, as a hardcore fan, of course bought a few months ago, for you.

Last edited:
Really? Where did you see this?

EDIT - Never mind. You'd think they'd post it or something...

Last edited:
Yeah, it's the same as the Sydney dvd...but it's cool to get a complete live show on cd as an official version.

Well, if the audio CD (of the Sydney ZooTV) show is really the incentive to renew my subscription to U2.com then I'll have to think about it. It's a great show, but I already have it. (I downloaded it from Napster a few years ago when it was still thought to be legal.) For those who don't have it, I strongly suggest you get it. I'll bet the U2.com version will have much superior sound quality than what I already have. I may go for it for that reason alone (since I listen to it so often).

However, I was hoping for something better. I completely agree with whoever posted above that they should have given us the audio version of the Sydney ZooTV show if you bought the DVD.

Let me tell you... In today's mail I just received a concert DVD that I ordered. It's called "Jeff Tweedy - Live in the Pacific Northwest". For anyone who doesn't know him, he's the almost one man show behind the band "Wilco". They have put out some great stuff. Check him/them out. You won't be sorry. (Start with the Wilco cd called "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" - awesome.)

Anyway, with the Jeff Tweedy DVD comes a full internet download of the entire DVD concert (audio file). You simply put the DVD into your PC, and it connects you to the web site where you can download the audio files from the same show (for free). The concert DVD cost $15.95 and the audio download of the show (plus bonus tracks) - 25 songs total - was completely free. Now that's a pretty good deal. It puts into perspective what U2 could have done with the Sydney ZooTV show.

Who am I kidding? I know I'll renew my U2.com subscription.

Here's a pic of the CDs & two posters:

u2_communication_06.gif

I see these fan club gifts more as collector's items than looking to them for great material. I'm just impressed that u2.com spelled all the songs correctly (no more running to "standstill")!! :lol:

Last edited:
Utoo said:
Here's a pic of the CDs & two posters:

u2_communication_06.gif

I see these fan club gifts more as collector's items than looking to them for great material. I'm just impressed that u2.com spelled all the songs correctly (no more running to "standstill")!! :lol:

Is this zoo cd only if you buy a gift subscription ?
u2.com states the 'U2.Communication' if you renew .

bort269 said:

from zootopia:

Commissioned and produced exclusively for U2.Com Subscribers, this two hour long double live CD comes in a specially gatefold sleeve, along with a fold-out colour poster recalling a unique moment in rock 'n' roll history at the Sydney Football Stadium in November of 1993. Extremely collectable, it's the only live album ever to be released from the legendary Zoo TV Tour.

Also including a bonus track from the Yankee Stadium in New York, these live tracks are not available for download and have never been made commercially available on CD.

'ZOO2LIVE' Disc 1

1. Show Opening

2. Zoo Station

3. The Fly

4. Even Better Than The Real Thing

5. Mysterious Ways

6. One

7. Unchained Melody

8. Until The End Of The World

9. New Year's Day

10. Numb

11. Angel Of Harlem

12. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)

13. Satellite Of Love

'ZOO2LIVE' Disc 2

1. Dirty Day

2. Bullet The Blue Sky

3. Running To Stand Still

4. Where The Streets Have No Name

5. Pride (In The Name Of Love)

6. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car

7. Macphisto

8. Lemon

9. With Or Without You

10. Love Is Blindness

11. Can't Help Falling In Love

Bonus Track

Tryin' To Throw Your Arms around the World
(live from the Zoo TV Special, Yankee Stadium, New York, 29th August 1992

Would you post the link to this page on u2.com ? I can't find it !

Point Depot , Any of them ......... :tsk:

Rotterdam ......... whatever , any Lovetown or 80's unreleased show

Would be so easy to get my money , hell even the Itunes only LOvetown show .....

:tsk: :tsk:

Now if only they put UV , Wild Horses , ZOO TV wowy version 1 , perhaps I would get it .......

Last edited:
U2.com announced paid subscribers gift

When you sign up as a paid subscriber to U2.Com you gain access to a unique U2 online experience which aims to bring fans closer to the band and their music than ever. To see a sample visit our free site tour.

And your subscription comes with a unique bonus - 'ZOO2LIVE - U2 LIVE IN SYDNEY', a double CD concert special featuring 24 tracks and two hours of music recorded in Sydney on the ZOO TV Tour. Included in the package are 2 specially commissioned posters celebrating the Zoo TV era.

Also including a bonus track (Tryin' To Throw Your Arms) from the Yankee Stadium in New York, these live tracks are not available for download and have never been made commercially available on CD.

:banghead:

Come on U2.com, we all have our DVD-rips from the ZooTV DVD. I honestly didn't expect something better from U2.com, I knew they could find something all the fans already have. Stop treating us like we are all casual fans, give us something we really want and what's really unique, an extended Milan DVD or a compilation of rare Vertigo tour live songs.

U2.com :lmao:

Last edited:
there's just no pleasing some people. No matter what it was, someone was going to complain. I personally like U2.Communication, and I think this new offer is awesome too.

They could at least have chosen the Dublin Zooropa '93 concert. Because that concert blows Sydney out of the water.

KUEFC09U2 said:
good idea, imo, not everyone rips audio or has the ability to rip audio from DVD
That's for sure, but I like the posters more.

I'm not complaining about what they give, but it could have been so much better. We're talking about a fan club, not some group of music listening people.

drumkeeran said:
I received my second copy of Communication yesterday...can't wait to see what else I'll get...

Hey! I enjoy being the faithful, rose-colored fan just throwing my money around for the boys and their charities...true capitalist b(*^) that I am. :D

:dancing: o ye of little faith!!!

Zoo2TV CD!!!

Coming in the mail... :D

The boys have yet to forget me on my birthday!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom