MERGED ----> I wonder what U2.com can offer...renewing subscriptions... + U2.com...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Niceman said:
A new CD on par with Communication would be enough for me. BUT it can't be the same CD two years in a row!!!!!

Yeah...I can live with that just fine. I know that it has become fashionable to abuse the U2.Communication cd. However, I have to say that I've listened to it a lot in the last year. To the point, there's nothing like U2 live and those songs sound great. Those tunes have pumped up many a long and boring car ride for me in the last year. For that reason alone, I don't regret renewing my U2.com subscription last year at all.

I have to believe that if they offer another bonus for subscribing next year that it will be something pretty decent. They can put out as much live stuff as they want and I'll take it and thank them for it.

U2.com membership renewal...

Is it me or is it a bit odd that they're offering U2 Communication again for U2.com subscribers?

So you get one for renewing last year, and now another for renewing again.

Pointless. And (whisper it quietly) lazy.

U2 Communication 2006: More live performances of songs you already have 10 versions of! :happy:

Whatever they do, they'd better do it soon. Those of us who signed up last year for U2.Communication are only 2 or 3 weeks away from the expiration date of our membership....:eyebrow:

Does anyone know if an overhaul of u2.com is in the works? Was the new update status just the start? Google's got an office in Dublin now so would be cool if they would hire some sharp google folks and completely revamp it. It at least needs a better search feature!

"Hello

Just want to let those who are asking about re-subscribing that it won't be the communication cd again, it's an all new package :)

Please wait on re-subscribing (as has been mentioned by Bajagirl in the tech folder and elsewhere) as this new package will be launched very soon.

Even if you have had the 30 days message.... HANG ON!

Thanks"

(From the mod Zootician)

Pretty cool guy too, really nice. Plus the video clips he streams. :thumbsup:

Memership renewal

I logged on to u2.com yesterday, and was told my membership will run out in 30 days. But if I renew now, I will receive a copy of U2 Communication (and get 20% off the renewal cost). So if I renew, I get the same cd/dvd set I got last year...what a great offer!! Are they kidding? Is this really an incentive?

I've got 5 more days to renew my subscription. Waiting for them to change U2.Communication.....:mad:

This was posted in the members only forum on U2.com today. It is from the Admin "U2comTeam".

==============
U2.Com Subscribers!

Any one who has recently re-subscribed and received a second copy of U2.Communication... don't worry, you will qualify for the new subscription benefits and are at the top of the list for our next send out.
==============

If you subscription is about to run out, I would renew now at the lower price while you can and know you will get whatever the new gift is.

bostonfly said:
This was posted in the members only forum on U2.com today. It is from the Admin "U2comTeam".

==============
U2.Com Subscribers!

Any one who has recently re-subscribed and received a second copy of U2.Communication... don't worry, you will qualify for the new subscription benefits and are at the top of the list for our next send out.
==============

If you subscription is about to run out, I would renew now at the lower price while you can and know you will get whatever the new gift is.

So we get a second copy of Communication AND something else....:hmm:

I'll keep my fingers crossed that they don't forget about us, a la the membership card fiasco, etc.

Utoo said:

So we get a second copy of Communication AND something else....:hmm:

I'll keep my fingers crossed that they don't forget about us, a la the membership card fiasco, etc.

Don't waste your energy crossing your fingers.

You'll probably just get four more copies of U2 Communication while any insane person with more money than sense who becomes a new subscriber now won't get a copy and will have to rely on the kindness of Interferencers with multiples in order to get one.

It seems like the notice to renew has disappeared from my profile (the one telling me how many days left), and the link in the e-mail they sent me doesn't work now. Anybody else notice this? Maybe they are preparing to introduce the new renewal package...

I would guess they're just burning through excess inventory of Communication. The next sendout might be a year or two away.

I am still debating with myself whether I should join. If i join now, will I get the communication and the new communication?

I wonder....

i was considering joining..but wondered what i'd get out of it. don't you recommend it then, do you think it's a waste of money really?

I already have my renewal CD for this year. How bad am I that I don't even know if they're the same CD? I never bothered to do anything with the old communication CD I had and I have no clue where it might be now. :reject: I renewed on the faith that maybe one day they'll get their act together. I rarely go to u2.com though. I much prefer my blue crack, it's cheaper and the people are a lot nicer. :hug: Plus the autosigs in Zootopia are completely out of control - I get so distracted reading and looking at all the autosigs that I forget what I'm supposed to be reading. That is, when I have my glasses on. If I don't have my glasses on, no way I can read their tiny font.

Anyway I scanned the one they recently sent me. Is it the same thing? If so, does that mean I'm at the 'top of their list' (why do I think of the musical Chicago when I hear that??) for whatever else they may issue?
outside.jpg

I'll stop rambling now.

Back
Top Bottom