MERGED --> I think I have Mercy!!!!! + Mercy, the b side w/ Achtung Bab + Mercy!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I have changed my mind. On first listen I wanted to give it a 6 or 7 and be happy to have a solid B-side. But now I can't stop listening to it. To me it has a quality to it that reminds me a lot of the JT/AB songs.

Cutters10C said:
Ok I have changed my mind. On first listen I wanted to give it a 6 or 7 and be happy to have a solid B-side. But now I can't stop listening to it. To me it has a quality to it that reminds me a lot of the JT/AB songs.

Agreed...it has the yearning feel of something like Ultraviolet in my opinon...I really like the frosty feel of the song! 8.5/10 so far.

Compared to the HTDAAB tunes I downloaded:

Vertigo: 8.5/10
Crumbs: 8/10
AMAAW :7.5/10

kennerado said:
wait did you rerip it off the cd in that higher quality? changing the wma to a higher mp3 bitrate wont improve sound quality.

It sounds like it was ripped from the .wma. You are probably right.

Last edited:
Hey at the end of the song Bono says " i am born again, and again, and again...shit that was from a conversation he and the band had with the interviewer from Blender.. So they must have had this one written after the interview with blender!

Sweet!

artdirector said:
Hey at the end of the song Bono says " i am born again, and again, and again...shit that was from a conversation he and the band had with the interviewer from Blender.. So they must have had this one written after the interview with blender!

Sweet!

Or Bono was quoting himself. :)

artdirector said:

Sweet!

or else he was purposely dropping/quoting lyrics from an already written song

If it meant that "One Step Closer" was cut, I would have kept "Mercy" on the album. Though I think it needs some editing.

This is definitely a VERY rough cut. I imagine this was a one-take job recorded all tracks at once at HQ.

I like it though. I don't think this will be a released b-side though, not for HTDAAB. I think we may see this on the next album.

It definitely needs to be cleaned up and reworked though.

It's ok, some nice guitar.

But every single song on the record is at least three or four times as good as that.

Good b-side, worst of the three b-sides we've heard so far from this record.

Pretty good song. I am happy just to hear another new U2 song. I looooove Edge's guitar in this. What else is new! :drool: :edge: Hopefully they will rework this one (Almost 7 minutes now!) for the next album, pump the guitar up a little and let it fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom