MERGED-->I give you Vertigo + VERTIGO is here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF YOU DONT LIKE THIS SONG THEN YOU DONT LIKE U2!!!

thats right i said it

this song has every element of a u2 song and im so excited and cant sit still. at first i was worried about the whole "punk rock, early u2 sound" people were giving it but after listening 20 times in a row, it doesnt get old. what i really like are the high background vocals in the middle that sound like "WAR" type backgruind vocalsand when edge chimes his guitar in the middle (where i think this is the point where edge is supposed to solo, but i think its cut out because of the radio edit).

this is the best new u2 since achtung and those who dont like it can go back to atyclb and chill in the past, this is the fresh new face of u2. the evolution doesnt stop and u2 are going to take over with this record, ill put a million on it. these four guys are incredible and they do it time and time again. I LOVE U2, and they definately came through with this song, bigtime.

to clear things up for those who arent listening,

it is not heavy metal sounding AT ALL (wtf are YOU smoking?!)

it is not a "fucking letdown"

and its definately not with or with out you, but it IS another 2 hearts beat as one+ even better than the real thing + out of control, if that makes any sense

open up your mind and dont be so damned critical, its only music!
great music!

I feel it's time to whip out my guitar and start tabbing this baby. :wink: Although, listening to this song actually makes me wish I had a bass...

*bows down to Adam*

Wow. Love the sound. It's a romping punk/classic rock sound that still sounds new and fresh. This song is going to be a blast live!

I'm still not quite sure what I think of it of it's own merit. It's maybe even a little below my expectations, but it's definitely very different from ATYCLB and definitely a new direction for U2, so I'm happy!

This thing has a set of balls on it, something everything on ATYCLB was missing! It's got a swagger man, I dig it.

It's not the bad quality I have a problem with so much as the DJ talking OVER EDGE'S FINAL POWER CHORD. Oh, and the volume doesn't crank up much on my computer. Can't get it to 11 like I want...

Otherwise, WOW. I was really worried that U2 would hit a creative wall after ATYCLB and wouldn't grow much... but calling this "growth" would be an understatement. Almost as stark as RnH - AB. Well, gotta reserve judgement until November.

THIS IS SO FUCKING INCREDIBLE I CAN'T STOP REPLAYING IT!

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS, YOU HAVE NO TASTE AT ALL.

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

U2 HAVE DONE IT AGAIN!

Thx to people who linked me to the site, I got it!

It ROCKS, better than anything on ATYCLB. I love the bass on the iPod - nice work Adam!

Axver said:
THIS IS SO FUCKING INCREDIBLE I CAN'T STOP REPLAYING IT!

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS, YOU HAVE NO TASTE AT ALL.

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

U2 HAVE DONE IT AGAIN!

yes

my favorite part starts at 1:14

man this fuckin song fuckin rocks

Once again, depend on U2 to be the band that challenges its fans and keeps doing the unexpected.

ATYCLB part 2? Definetly not.

Punk rock on Venus? Yeah, baby!

PS- as an opening single, this blows Beautiful Day out of the water.

Diemen said:
Wow. Love the sound. It's a romping punk/classic rock sound that still sounds new and fresh. This song is going to be a blast live!

I'm still not quite sure what I think of it of it's own merit. It's maybe even a little below my expectations, but it's definitely very different from ATYCLB and definitely a new direction for U2, so I'm happy!

This EXACTLY how I feel about the song.

Lo-Fi said:
This thing has a set of balls on it, something everything on ATYCLB was missing! It's got a swagger man, I dig it.

yep boys couldn't do this but four fu**ing-ly amazingly gifted men can :applaud:

Wow, this sucks.

I'm at work, they have mp3's blocked I have a four hour meeting that starts at 2 and lasts until 6.

I have this fear that by the time I get home Universal would have done a sweep of all of the sites where I can download this from and I'll be the only person in the world who has to wait until it hits the radio tomorrow.

anyone else having trouble stopping the song from playing? I think that I may be developing a slight problem...

U2 sounds like they're having so much fun with this. You can feel their enthusiasm just dripping off of the instrumentation and vocalics. I can see their smiles and feel that this is so much more the band I fell in love with so long ago. :heart:

HUZZAHH!!!!!

*is dead*

sO, I think we know who wins the interference memeber of the year award!!!!

:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom