MERGED-->HTDAAB vs ATYCLB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
theyre both great albums in their own right

i prefer htdaab, but i still really like atyclb.

In terms of the recording, I dunno the vocals sound the same as ATYCLB.. if I had any wish, it would be for the vocals to have more fullness.. something that hasn't been there since Achtung.. I guess we're gonna have to wait for live to hear the songs at their fullest

Hola amigos :wave:

This new album is far better than the horrible, weak and easy ALL THAT YOU CAN ( YES, CAN ) LEAVE BEHIND.

Yes this album does blow ATYCLB out of the water, prehaps of the planet...
But ATYCLB, like every other album, was special in its own way.
as to is HTDAAB.

I thought ATYCLB had some good tracks - 'Beautiful Day', 'Stuck In A Moment', 'Walk On', 'Kite' - but nothing amazing. There seemed to be alot of 'filler' in the album, particularly near the end. I feel this was about HTDAAB too. There are about 3 songs on the album that I like, but overall, i'm not blown away by it.

I guess it's ATYCLB.

Only heard Vertigo so far from the album, so that's 1-0 for ATYCLB.
Yes it's a decent first single and an ok song, but it's not a great first single like BD was and I fear it won't pump up HTDAAB like BD pumped up ATYCLB.
I actually like it less now than I used to in the beginning, while I still love BD equally.

i am sorry to say to you all but you are so imature (even stupids)
i do not care if the album sell a lot or not if people like it or not if critic make good reviews or not. i just care i love it, it's brilliant, it's my album, just mine and less people like it more mine it will be. i hope that just a few people like it, i think that is the mark of a true classic u2, because they are about crossing frontiers and in a world so mainstream, i do not want that who likes madona, britney,and the stupid e weak english scene, likes this masterpiece. you all have to grow as a person and as a true music lover.

HTDAAB vs ATYCLB

Another pointless album comparison but I was pitting the songs together in album order to see how the new songs compare to the last batch of songs.

Beautiful Day vs Vertigo - Beautiful Day was amazing but Vertigo for me is such an exciting opener and has Edge on fire and Bono's skyscraper vocals
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of vs Miracle Drug - MD isn't the best song on the new album (yet) but SIAMYCGOO never reached the heights I thought it would. MD has more energy and verve
Elevation vs Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - this was hard as Elevation I liked immediately and was such a great tour opener. But SYCMIOYO has such a beautiful melody and profound lyrics. I love it
Walk On vs Love and Peace Or Else - another hard choice as LAPOE is the standout 'different' track on Bomb and I love the catchy chorus/riff, but Walk On has that upbeat, positive drive that makes the heart soar...
Kite vs City Of Blinding Lights - possibly the hardest choice, love both but COBL pips it because it has such energy, has shades of UF and cos it's new!
In A Little While vs All Because Of You - IALW is U2 with soul but ABOY is U2 doing rock which is what we all want to hear!
Wild Honey vs A Man And A Woman - judging by most comments on here, possibly the weakest tracks on the albums. I much prefer AMAAW with a great bass, acoustic guitar and is the stronger lyrically. Monkeys, anyone?
Peace On Earth vs Crumbs From Your Table - POE is touching but a tad slow. Crumbs is another strong album song and blows POE away
When I Look At The World vs One Step Closer - OSC is still growing on me and as a result WILATW is favoured, it's not their best but still good
New York vs Original of the Species - another toughie. OOTS is a brilliant song, an angelic, transcending intro and amazing chorus. But I love the building layers of NY. Drums and organ, then bass, then guitar, then vocals. Not lyrically the deepest but having been to New York a couple of times it touched a nerve. Only just pips it
Grace vs Yahweh - the standard closer for U2 with that God theme (see also Wake Up Dead Man). Yahweh easily stands head and shoulders above Grace

Well, it's personal choice and taste I guess. I loved ATYCLB, but based on the above, the new albums wins 8 songs to 3. Is it a white wash for anyone?

Ah Crap Vertigo is playing away this week to beautiful day....

New York Vs Love And Peace Or Else

LAPOE is 4 Guys standing around with NY inside a trash can and kicking it around.

bono_man2002 said:
Ah Crap Vertigo is playing away this week to beautiful day....

New York Vs Love And Peace Or Else

LAPOE is 4 Guys standing around with NY inside a trash can and kicking it around.

What?!

Not sure you get what I meant. Track vs track in order. Not song 10 on ATYCLB vs song 4 on HTDAAB!

Honestly, it's a total sweep for HTDAAB. I think LAPOE is one of their most innovative moments in a very long time, and a very powerful song as well. One Step Closer is absolutely beautiful, and it is a major grower. Original of the Species is my favorite song on the whole album, so there's no question that I'd pick that over New York (even though I do like New York). I agree with you on all other picks, obviously :)

achtung y'all said:

What?!

Not sure you get what I meant. Track vs track in order. Not song 10 on ATYCLB vs song 4 on HTDAAB!

I'll second that... I have no clue what bono_man was trying to say :)

:lol:

:reject:....i was comparing songs that were 'alike'....
seriously though can somone get me tickets to Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of vs Miracle Drug?

:wink:

Vertigo vs Beautiful Day is tough.
In A Little While vs All Because Of You is tough.

I'll take New York over Original Of The Species.

For everything else, HTDAAB shits all over ATYCLB.

Back
Top Bottom