MERGED --> How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb-Official Album Title Thread + New Album...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, looking at song titles like Yahweh, Man and Woman (Adam and Eve?), Crumbs from your table, All because of you, Original of the species and Miracle drug and the lyrics posted from Love peace or else thread, I have a feeling this will be a higly faith inspired album.

Last edited:
It is a bold title and it drags attention. The music must of course back the title up, but that's the bold thing about it. The title connotes U2's selfconfidence in their new album, and i like that selfconfidence.

I think its a great name for the album, it will rock.
rockon.gif

The Bomb!!!!!

Title rocks, but never says it all...Lets wait for Edge's screaming guitar, Larry knockin shit out the drums, Adam's base shaking the floor... and Bono taking on the world with verse!!!
Shit I cant wait to see the guy's live again!

P.S.
I heard the album title came from Bono asking artist Damien Hirst his opinion after listening to the finished version....
HTDAAB was his first though!!!!!!???????

Last edited:
Not bad - it's provoking - most probably Bono's idea. As it's been already said we'll see if it's in sync with the album itself. Particularly I liked the name "Solaris" (which had been rumoured about) better.

The first thing I thought of when I heard the name was Dr. Strangelove.....

It will be interesting to hear the meaning given to the title in the music. The spiritual depth of ATYCLB was not apparent until you listen to Walk On.

starsgoblue said:
There's going to be a revolution proposed in this album...and the name of it is going to be Love.

I've known there is a revolution on the horizon for some time. 1st attempt was too soft, 2nd attempt too hard, 3rd attempt we will either strike out or hit a home run.

Revolution Tour 2005/2006?

AussieU2fanman said:

Umm, I think you missed my point. I'm not saying that AIDS and all the other bullshit is irrelevant! I'm just saying that U2 shouldn't keep repeating similar messages in their music because people are getting really tired of it, and I'm sad to say I am too. Singing about peace and love etc. isn't going to do ANYTHING. It might be tempoarily inspirational to a futile action towards justice, but in the end, nothing will happen as a result of music. War will always be there, accept it, AIDS isn't going to be solved anytime soon by the looks of it, and music isn't going to help. People will always die. Stop trying to change the way the world spins. Anyway, I don't want U2 repeating the same boring messages. Sing about goats or something. Aren't they cool!?

GO VERTIGO GO!!

Halle-frickin-lujah!

"I see what you see, when I look at the world"

If I could high five you from across the world I would. Preach on Brotha!:yes:

BTW, the marketing hype has begun. Today at work in the elevator I saw a blurb about the new U2 album on the video screen that shows weather, headlines, etc... "U2 to release new album entitled 'How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb' on November 23rd. First single Vertigo to be released Nov (something I forget)'"

I wonder how much it cost to put that little blurb in the elevator tv?

Let's see who gets this reference ...

nbcrusader said:
The first thing I thought of when I heard the name was Dr. Strangelove.....

bomb3.jpg

The "Yahoooooo-Woooohoooo" Tour

I read this from a news item about the new album and I thought it was interesting. (I didn't think of it)

"Invoking the atomic bomb recalls the band's earlier albums "War," "Under a Blood Red Sky" and "The Unforgettable Fire." "

to quote Rage Against the Machine, U2 are the 'renegades in this atomic age, this atomic age of renegades!!!'

listen to the song and think about it...

Last edited:
I think it's absolutely fucking brilliant!

Totally out of left field, and it isn't cliché like "Vertigo" or any of the other ones that were kicking around.

It's got kind of a modern feel, and it just sounds damn cool. :wink:

U2girl said:
Actually, looking at song titles like Yahweh, Man and Woman (Adam and Eve?), Crumbs from your table, All because of you, Original of the species and Miracle drug and the lyrics posted from Love peace or else thread, I have a feeling this will be a higly faith inspired album.

I'm really, really looking forward to it!
:)

U@ ready to release "Bomb"

That's what it says in the Austin American Statesman today! The article is not bad at all, but the "Title" of it sucks!

changed my mind

i was a bit hesitant at first but now i :heart: it

i get excited telling everyone i know, the normally dont care but at least have the grace to humour me!

Screw the pundits and the papers. They don't know what they're talking about anyhow.

The title kicks ass. Let's leave it at that.

its funny because it seems this forum is about 50-50 give or take about the new album title. It's the same with my friends who are u2 fans, they are kind of indifferent. But all my friends who dont really listen to u2 love the album title, they think it's something that grabs you and its risky.

Some people I know are even split on the song titles and whether or not they like them or not. But of course, till we hear them all its all up for debate. I hated the song title "Love and Peace or Else" for many reasons. After hearing the extended clip Its growing on me really quick. Maybe the album title will too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom