MERGED-->How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb? + atu2 received 2nd confirmation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey..........Maybe The Albums gonna be called the answer to that question........

U2........WITH LOVE

hmmmm..........then that would sound like one of those crap cover albums. Oh suffering Jesus let me not be right.......:scream:

@u2 recieve 2nd confirmation of album title

Any of you who read the article over on atu2 about trying to get a second confirmation on the album title, they just updated their website. The second one confirms it too. It may even be in the news section here, I don't know, havent been keeping up as much lately.

it pretty much confirms that "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" appears to be the album title.

I still really hope (and think) that it isn't. I want to be surprised.
That title does not match the description Neil McCormick gave recently, that it is "an interesting philosophical idea".

first, i'd like to say i think it's a great title. It grabs you, not in the way that War does, but its not nothing we've really heard before. And it DOES match McCormick's description. What is the atomic bomb. It could be any epidemic, or problem, maybe even a small one. So the album is like a guide through your problems, a "how to".

boosterjuice said:

Very astute thinking.
You're right. This is a blast! You know, we'll all be on this site like dogs until the ablum comes out. I'm curious if everyone will still come post-album release.

Oh yeah. And they will probably change this forums name to 'Where the Album Has A Name" and leave it up for general discussion of the new album.

They did this for ATYCLB, so I am hoping they do it again.
That way you can read articles and opinions on the new music without having to sort through posts about older music and such.

(hint hint Joel) :)

I think it matches McCormick's description too and I am 99% sure it's a done deal. Vertigo and HTDAAB were registered at the same time, and we've had confirmations come from several different sources.

I like it, in theory. At least it is a bit challenging.
Moreso than anything it will be intersting to see if the music is as challenging as the title.

biff said:
I still really hope (and think) that it isn't. I want to be surprised.
That title does not match the description Neil McCormick gave recently, that it is "an interesting philosophical idea".

I would say that it is a philosophical idea. The idea of disarming atomic weapons is obviously not meant to be literal like with a screwdriver and some wire cutters. For all we know the atomic bomb could be a metaphor for a bad relationship or war in general. I'm almost positive that what Neil was referring to was indeed the "Bomb" title. Now whether the band shifts from that remains to be seen.

VertiGone said:

I would say that it is a philosophical idea. The idea of disarming atomic weapons is obviously not meant to be literal like with a screwdriver and some wire cutters. For all we know the atomic bomb could be a metaphor for a bad relationship or war in general. I'm almost positive that what Neil was referring to was indeed the "Bomb" title. Now whether the band shifts from that remains to be seen.

Absolutely.

The Atomic Bomb, sort of symbolizes man's darkest impulses.
And if the title is posed as a question, it's even better.

I sorta wished they would have thrown a German word in there just for old times sake. :wink:

allkub said:
Hey..........Maybe The Albums gonna be called the answer to that question........

U2........WITH LOVE:

Dear Lord please no. That would be HORRIBLE album title. Completely horrible. The bleeding heart hippie image doesn't look good on Bono (or anyone else IMO). Plus that statement is totally false.

I like the title. It is something vastly different and not conservative at like Pop or ATYCLB. "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" grabs your attention. I'm getting tired of waiting. I just want my "Vertigo".

It sounds too much like a Bono-ism, like one of his phrases he repeats in every, single interview and/or speach.

Maybe it'll grow on me after a while :shrug:

I like the title, but dont love it. In the end, I like it cause the band needs two things if this is really the title:

a) balls
b) to have made a great album to use as the title.

If its not great, the critics will have a field day. I think they have to be real confident to name their album "how to dismantle an atomic bomb."

Bono's American Wife said:
It sounds too much like a Bono-ism, like one of his phrases he repeats in every, single interview and/or speach.

Bingo! I can hear him now on every news or talk show in the galaxy: "How do you dismantle an atomic Bomb? With Love"

UGH! very pretentious :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I think you should threaten it. Then, if that doesn't work, march right up to it with pliers and start shredding wires and see what happens.:wink:

No no no no no. Everybody knows you should wait until it's 5 seconds away from blowing and then carefully cut the red wire. Or is it the green one?

Hmm... come to think of it, it's the blue wire you should cut. Possibly.

Anyways I'm pretty sure you should be cutting something. And be sure to say something cool afterwards.

Jaxx said:
No no no no no. Everybody knows you should wait until it's 5 seconds away from blowing and then carefully cut the red wire. Or is it the green one?

Hmm... come to think of it, it's the blue wire you should cut. Possibly.

Anyways I'm pretty sure you should be cutting something. And be sure to say something cool afterwards.

You sound confused about your wire selection. Everyone knows that it is the green wire you cut! Dimsantling Atomic Bombs 101!!

Removing the uranium from the core is also popular amoung dismantlers.

Jack Bauer could dismantle the atomic bomb - take out the terrorist and save his dausther from a raging montain lion while going through withdrawl of herion without breaking a sweat
....and he would have found the SOB that stole Edge's CD by now and they would have taken a looong walk.
sorry - love Jack Bauer:)

shart1780 said:
I don't like that title guys :(

Oh boo hoo... :sad:

I didn't like these titles either:
The Joshua Tree
Rattle & Hum
Achtung Baby
Zooropa
Pop
All That You Can't Leave Behind

The last U2 album title I liked was The Unforgettable Fire. But titles are often a bit superfluous. The music on those above albums was SO good that I (we) grew to love the titles. I'm sure that will be the case with "How to Dismantle...".

And I also think it's agreat philosophical idea, especially when Bono said the answer is "with love". :yes:

Back
Top Bottom