MERGED --> Have Your Message Delivered To U2 In Oct. + Only 'Real' Fans..+ Final Days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Adam, Bono, Edge, Larry,

Even though you don?t know, you and I have been together for more than 18 years, from the first time I saw you performing at Live Aid. That was a defining moment not only in your life and career, but also in my life, believe me.

So I wanna say...muito obrigada por tudo...thanks for everything. And Bono please , do you remember what you said in S?o Paulo, Jan 31, 1998, your last concert in Brazil? You said "n?o esqueceremos voc?s"..."we won?t forget about you". So please, make our dreams come true and come back to Brazil. We love you around here.

Maria Teresa
U2 fan, forever and ever

Last edited:
Bono, Edge, Adam, Larry:

I'd like to thank you guys so much for creating the most powerful and moving music I have ever heard. No other band has influenced me in such a positive way, and I'm so glad U2 exists for that. And Bono, I would like to especially thank you for creating the lyrics that keeps inspiring me to be a better person, and also that has been keeping me on a spiritual journey that began when I discovered U2.

Thanks again, U2! I'm so thankful I've found your music, and I'll always be carrying it with for the rest of my life!

I'll see you next tour, and please bring back the GA!

Megan,
NYC

Last edited:
spill the beans already. lets hear some news on the new album! bring back discotheque on the next tour while youre at it.

keep up the good work.

Bono, Larry, Edge, and Adam;

Thank you for your beautiful music. It has been a big inspiration to me and has helped me through some very tough times. No matter how bad life is, I know that I can turn on a U2 song and it will make things seem a little bit better.

Bono - I think that all of the work you do for the A.I.D.S. epidemic in Africa is wonderful. Hearing your thoughts about it has really opened my eyes to the rest of the world and makes me want to change things. This kind of work you do, in my eyes, makes you much more cool than just a rock star.

I wish all of you the best. May God bless you and your families.

With love,
Mary Quigley
Hammond, Indiana, USA

The thought of writing a message to the four of you is overwhelming. U2?s been a soundtrack in my life. I listen to the music and it speaks to me?I don?t speak to it. I go to concerts and I?m part of the roar of sound?one of many singing along and clapping and hollering in thanks. To change the direction of the exchange?to have my singular message go out to you?seems so odd as to be untrue.

But I, again, am one of many here in this community brought together by a common love. And that makes me think: Why you? It?s easy really. There are other bands?other great bands?but the business of music, of rock ?n? roll, eats bands alive. They burn out, fight over money, drugs, women and ego. But U2 is different, and U2 has survived because you decided, in the beginning, to find your own path.

You?ve taught us, through your actions and not just song lyrics, compassion for one another. You?ve brought far off countries?countries torn by war and poverty?to us instead of asking us to go to them. That made the strife real and immediate to us, and that has made all the difference in our lives. You?ve taught us that endless bank accounts only make you rich if something can be done with the money to better the world. You?ve taught us that it?s OK to make fun of ourselves?that the world is too full of tragedy to always take ourselves too seriously.

You were there for me when I was 13?I first saw you on the ?New Years Day? video on MTV. Now, 20 years later, you?re still here. You?re not a dusty, half-forgotten memory of my younger days?we?ve all grown up together, and it?s made all the difference.

Thank you seems so small in comparison to the size of the gift you?ve given me?given us. But it?ll have to do.

Love,
Tiffani
OH via Vegas

Hi Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry

I'll never meet you in person so I guess this is my humble tiny bit of a chance to say thank you for the music.

Extraordinary music deserves extraordinary thank you's but all I can do is to ask you this:

Do you have any idea how ABSOLUTELY amazing, mindblowing and life-altering your music really is?!

I have not the faintest idea who you are but your music has become a true part of my soul...that sounded sentimental, I know, but hey - let's be honest: That's how it is...

So: Thank you!!

Kirsten,
Copenhagen
Denmark

Howdy U2,

First of all 'Thankyou'' I really dont think that there are enough words in the english language to describe how your music has enriched my life since 1988. I love how you guys are a universal band whos music manages to transcend the boundaries of colour, language, race etc, etc and I also love the fact that you all try to use your celebrity in a positive way.

You know I just finished reading a book about the major concert promoters here in Australia and in the section that dealt with artist egos and repuatations, the nicest words written by the author were the ones that spoke about Bono and Paul Mc- I just love it how whenever you guys pop up in my life it is always favourable and always makes me feel proud to be a U2 fan.

And speaking of concerts, I am quite sure that Michael Coppel would love to get a phone call from you all- we miss you all here in Australia and the sunny beaches of my home, the Sunshine Coast, are waiting for you to grace our shores again- just remember to bring adequate footwear this time!!!

So thanks U2, I'll be sure to be up the front the next time you come to Brisbane, Australia....

Much love and peace,
Vanessa

Final Few Days

Anyone that's not familiar with the project it goes as follows.

To commemorate the release of U2's first Album. Personal Messages left by U2 fans on Interference are been delivered to U2 towards the end of October.

If you want to leave a message to U2...Please click on the link.

Thanks to the everyone that's already done so. As promised, your messages will get to their intended source.

Personal Message for U2

u2.jpg

I left you guys a message of thanx for giving us a great life at the rock and roll hall of fame last february, but.... i want to take this time, while looking for a job, to thank you for saving my life. a number of years ago i was, what id like to think of as, stuck in a moment, but i got out of it. id like to believe that your music and the type of individuals that you are, and also my niece and Goddaughter megan, save me from doing something that would have been so stupid. thank you for the music, the concert experiences, and being the people who you are. God Bless you.
see you in 2004,
Rick

rickbroshear@hotmail.com aim: rickbroshear

hey my angels!!!

well, there are so many things to say...

the most important is: thank you for saving my life!

you showed me the right way, you took me out of the hole, and you still do!!! you have become the most important and beautiful thing is my whole life... because of you, i did so many crazy things, i met so many new friends, i discovered the real life...

you are always in my mind(but i know that's not enough), because U2 make me stay alive!!!

i know what faith is... i have faith in U2!!!

you showed me what love is... u gave me so much love!!! you showed me what it is to feel loved... and i know what it is to love someone this way!!!

We are faraway, but so close!!! every day, i have the impression you are here, around me, like angels, to protect me...

You made me be interested in our world, and showed me how to change it...

You made me appreciate music, you made me be sensible to the effect of the music on people...When i am listening to you song, i can feel the music running all my body...

But i have still never been in one of your concerts....I know i know... what a shame!!! i hate myself for that!!! but hey, it is so difficult to get tickets!!!! don't worry, next tour, i will be there, every night, in the front row, shouting all my love for you and your music!!!

I realized many of my dreams, as I met you (well, Larry, you are still the one i did not hug yet), but there is one which is unrealisable, i want to be born in the 1960s and attend to all your concerts since then!!!

I could be without money, withou home, but the only thing i would keep in my bag would be all my U2 stuff, while i still have them, i will always be happy...

so, well, i could like that for hours...Just, again, thank you for everything you brought to me, thanks for saving my life and always being here for me... Thank you!!! You are great, you are the best band in the world, you are the perfect men on earth!!! i will love you forever, even when i will die, i will still love you, i will be a burning star which will shine only for you...

Take good care!!!!
Big kisses and hug!!!!
Emilie, the crazy french sushi girl!!!!

Hanover,

How did everything work out?
Were you able to send this thread to anybody?

Perle

Back
Top Bottom