MERGED-->Full track listing on U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dabiggestu2fan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
tracklisting revealed! its official!

1. Vertigo
2. Miracle Drug
3. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
4. Love And Peace Or Else
5. City Of Blinding Lights
6. All Because Of You
7. A Man And A Woman
8. Crumbs From Your Table
9. One Step Closer
10. Original Of The Species
11. Yahweh

Full track listing on U2.com

Well, here it is. U2.com has announced the track list for HTDAAB:

1. Vertigo
2. Miracle Drug
3. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
4. Love And Peace Or Else
5. City Of Blinding Lights
6. All Because Of You
7. A Man And A Woman
8. Crumbs From Your Table
9. One Step Closer
11. Yahweh

Let the speculation begin.:wink:

i hope to god now that yahweh is not an instrumental. only 10 complete songs after 4 years would be somewhat of a let down. guess we'll have to wait and see.

it's nice that u2.com is on the ball for once though.

What was this described as from the ATYCLB sessions?

When I think of "One Step Closer," Linkin Park comes to mind. Miracle Drug is officially on the tracklist. :drool:

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT "One Step Closer" made it to the final tracklisting. Bono mentioned this song in interview from SPIN magazine, december 2001!
I knew that Yahweh is going to be the last!
I find it quite strange that a ballad like Miracle Drug will follow a very rockin' Vertigo. But, I guess the boys know the best.

Se7en said:
i hope to god now that yahweh is not an instrumental. only 10 complete songs after 4 years would be somewhat of a let down. guess we'll have to wait and see.

it's nice that u2.com is on the ball for once though.

We can always hope that the instrumental is a hidden track (after Yahweh)

can't we?

Now which song was it that Bono described as "the mother of all rock songs"? I've got confused with all the song titles being thrown around lately?

How many leftovers from ATYCLB sessions are there?

UKfan: Full metal jacket was the provisional title, then there were rumors of it being Native son...I don't know, maybe it got a different title.

native son (FMJ) didnt make it!!!! God, that sucks. The only thing it could have turned into is "City of BL" or "Crumbs", every other track I've heard of before (rumor and description wise).

UKTan said:
Now which song was it that Bono described as "the mother of all rock songs"? I've got confused with all the song titles being thrown around lately?

"the mother of all rock tunes" didnt make the cut apparently. How does that happen? It was called Full metal jacket or native son, to answer your question

i think if it was really the mother of all rock tunes i am sure they added it in ther but under a different name. Remember names change so often before they are finalized! Maybe city of blinding lights could be it? i am hoping

RademR said:

"the mother of all rock tunes" didnt make the cut apparently. How does that happen? It was called Full metal jacket or native son, to answer your question

Thanks RademR, couldn't remember if it was that one or Original of the Species.

Where's Full Metal Jacket? The song where Edge puts his energy on guitar, really tired to see Bono with "bad politicians"...

I'm a little dissapointed that these three didnt make the cut: Tough, Native Son, or Xanax and Wine. ???

wasn't one step closer (to knowing) written with liam gallagher? also, yahweh WILL NOT BE instrumental. haha,edge said we were way off, not really! nice try edge:wink:

Maybe Xanax got a name change too...poss CFYT (might as well start getting used to these abbreviations:))..maybe another question for Mr. The Edge.

CALM DOWN EVERYONE. Full Metal Jacket/ Native Son did not suddenly dissapear. Of course they would not just throw away a very strong song. But it might have changed quite a bit since then, and it most likely now exists under a different name. Actually, it's probably called Vertigo now, as many people have said over and over. And yes, this was supposed to be "the mother of all rock songs", but we all know Bono has a tendency for over statements... He said that a while ago (about two years) in ONE interview (and it was then repeated everywhere), because he was really excited about one of Edge's new ideas for a song.

Vertigo IS one of the rockiest song U2 ever recorded, and I personally feels it absolutely kicks ass and could very well be the infamous Full Metal Jacket/Native son.

I would go w/ "Orginal of the Species" as another rock tune. I like the titles of the songs though.

zoopop said:
I would go w/ "Orginal of the Species" as another rock tune. I like the titles of the songs though.

:wink: I'd go one step further and say that "Original of the Species" = "Native Son/FMJ" .... simply because "Original" can be similar to "Native" ... ie; the Native Son is the original of the species???

"Oirgin of the species" did not come from FMJ because if you backtrack old information and quotes from the band, it doesnt add up. OOTS was described as a "slinky pop-rock song" with a "very primitive riff" from Edge, or something like that. I heard it was very good though. I think Xanax and wine maybe did turn into MD, I hope so beause it was quoted as having "strong guitars by Edge and great lyrics by Bono." Ofcourse, now that we have MD's lyrics, its definetly true.

I believe Original of the Species was described as an entirely different song than Full Metal Jacket/Native Son during one of the articles that appeared around a year ago about the new album.

I think it's entirely possible that Full Metal Jacket/Native Son turned into Vertigo - especially because Bono always puts off writing lyrics to the last minute. :wink: It would be cool though if it were another song on the album, like City of Blinding Lights - that would mean another song on the album that has the potential to rock even harder than Vertigo! :drool:

Its pretty cool "One Step Closer" made it, I think thats a ballad. He wrote it with Liam Gallagher. Its a shocker cause he mentioned it like 3 years ago and hasnt come up since. So theres one ballad down, didnt Edge say there would be two? People will look at the list and think "Sometimes you cant make it on your own" would be one, but thats definetly not. A magazine article (I think Q) said its a rough rocker, when Bono played it for them he was dancing around.

For all we know, "Are You Gonna Wait Forever?" is Full Metal Jacket. But you know, this is besides the point. The point is this - It is a great F'n Day!!! We have all the song titles now. I really thought we'd have to wait until it was closer to the actual single release date (Nov.8th) before we finally got all of this. Especially considering how the management were able to keep Vertigo from leaking.

Question!!! - Is One Step Closer supposed to be this track with the Oasis singer and Bono singing together? I can't remember. I need to find that Spin article when I get home today.

But isn't "Sometimes you can't make it on your own" the song Bono sang at his father's funeral? That would suggest it's a ballad, or am I thinking of the wrong song?

And I thought the rumors of Noel Gallagher writing a song with Bono were dismissed as being untrue?

:shrug: Maybe Full metal jacket turned into a B-side, could be. I think it is on the album, just a different name.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom