MERGED-->Full track listing on U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ponkine said:
I´m very disappointed my friends :rant: :down: :banghead: because I heard rumors said the band ( AT LAST !!! ) will finally throw an album with 14 songs :bow:, but now is the same thing...again :sad:

I still don´t understand why U2 is so fond of releasing 40 minutes-long albums ?. Ok, in the 80´s I can understand it, because the band must record for vinyl, but then in the 90´s, Atchung Baby was 55 minutes long, then Zooropa was 50 minutes long, Pop was 60 minutes...and ATYCLB... just 40 minutes !!!! :yuck:

so now, after 4 years, a looooooong waiting, a lot of rumors, fake news, stolen CD´s, etc , we´ll just have another 40 minute album ??? :banghead:

COME ON U2, don´t show you´re dying !!!!:sad:

ATYCLB is almost 50 minutes, not 40. And how do you know this will be 40? You just mentioned Zooropa is 50 minutes and that was only 10 songs.

artdirector said:
Mother of all rock tunes is:

Vertigo.

Its only obvious the favourite of the band would be released first as a single and first on the album.

Thats what I think.

Every track is like one of your kids. You dont like one more than the other. But...all kids are diffferent!

Well Edge, I just hope your other kids are as good as kids from pervious albums.

...that doesn't even make sense.

HTDAAB should be longer than ATYCLB cos ATYCLB was a collection of singles.

So i hope we will have a couple of 5 or 6 minutes songs. In fact, i hope there's a track that surpasses the current longest studio track (6 minutes 56 seconds) on a album (anybody can guess which track i'm talking about?) (live tracks dont count)

Although Vertigo is shorter than Beautiful Day... oups :huh:

Last edited:
Hey Edge,

How do you guys decide on a tracklisting? I know you want a song to grab people's attention up front, but what about after that?

All truly great albums benefit from something that's very difficult thing to do:

EDIT. CUT. TAKE AWAY.

Would you rather have 14 good tracks or 11 knock you over with a lead pipe songs?

I'm personally done with albums with 5 good tracks and a bunch of filler. Albums should be the band's best effort on every track and U2 is better for knowing it.

shy said:
And about Love and Peace or else...looks like blues?

Thats a heavy mother! I really enjoy that one. U2 has never created a piece quite like this....ever

maxpouliot said:
So i hope we will have a couple of 5 or 6 minutes songs. In fact, i hope there's a track that surpasses the current longest studio track (6 minutes 56 seconds) on a album (anybody can guess which track i'm talking about?) (live tracks dont count)

Lemon. :wink:
Although An Cat Dubh coupled with Into The Heart was over 8 minutes.

:)

Marty

Be careful what you say Edge. If you tell them that a song is a "heavy mother", they will hold you to that till the day they die whilst comparing the song to Slayer or Iron Maiden. :wink:

I am REALLY excited to hear Yahweh :hyper: Some people have been saying that it's just an instrumental, though...is that truuuueeeeeeeeee????

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I like it when you guys use words like "heavy mother"... :up:
This album just keeps sounding better and better. :drool:

:drool: :bow:

Its really hard to get any work done these days!

Roland of Gilead said:
Is Yahweh an instrumental?

Excellent question Roland! Thanks for putting this debate to bed!
Edit: dang this Jeanne storm is making huge trouble for my connections today!

Last edited:
tkramer said:
All truly great albums benefit from something that's very difficult thing to do:

EDIT. CUT. TAKE AWAY.

Would you rather have 14 good tracks or 11 knock you over with a lead pipe songs?

I'm personally done with albums with 5 good tracks and a bunch of filler. Albums should be the band's best effort on every track and U2 is better for knowing it.

I was going to post the same thing. Over time, I've become to appreciate short and killer albums more and more. In fact, tonight I glanced over a music magazine article that asked Why Albums Are Too Long.
And indeed, I prefer 5 great songs and 6 excellent ones over 5 great songs, 6 excellent ones and 5 that are good but not spectacular.

:)

Marty

Back
Top Bottom