MERGED-->Favorite of the new songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've listened to it with headphones on.

I think the reason I wasn't digging it before was because I was expecting it to be a different kind of song. Up close, its clear the song is meant to be less of a rock song and a more meaningful rock ballad.

Under that context, I appreciate the song much more.

I think after I get up close to the song now, I'll love it much more than I did initially.

Miracle Drug
City of Blinding Lights

I like OoTS and Yahweh.

Don't like All Because of You yet.

AussieU2fanman said:
Don't like Miracle Drug?! Seriously you have to be completely wasted\stoned right now not to love this song. It is in my top 5 songs of all time, I can't get over this damn song.

I don't know. It's actually the only song I've listened to so far, and it's missing something.

Oh, I know. The waves and spanish guys.;)

The album from best to worst:

Original Of The Species
City Of Blinding Lights
Love And Peace Or Else
All Because Of You
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Vertigo
A Man And A Woman
Crumbs From Your Table
Yahweh
One Step Closer

Last edited:
AussieU2fanman said:
Don't like Miracle Drug?! Seriously you have to be completely wasted\stoned right now not to love this song. It is in my top 5 songs of all time, I can't get over this damn song.

...from many, many posts that you made... do you realize that there's at least 50 songs in your "top 5 of all time"?:)

-------------

I''m going with LAPOE and A Man And A Woman... whoever said it is next "wild honey" or the next "playboy mension" was crazy...

Ok, here is my list. I think a lot of people arn't rating Vertigo as high as it should be rated simply because they've heard it lots. With Vertigo, I'm rating as I would on a first listen along with the other songs.

Ratings best to worst:

Miracle Drug
COBL
Vertigo
SYCMIOYO
ABOY
OOTS
AMAAW
LAPOE
YAHWEh
Crumbs
One step

Alright, after one listen I will do it. When I re-do it in a couple of weeks I am sure it will be very different:

Miracle Drug
Vertigo
Love and Peace...
Sometimes You....
Original....
City..
Crumbs
All Because of You (still think chorus is weak)
One Step Closer
Yahweh (HOW upfront are those vocals?)
Man & Woman (have U2 ever been more MOR?)

Cheers
Kev

Miracle Drug for me is the best song. Just amazing.
But, the biggest surprise is Crumbs. I'm completely in loved with this song. Incredible. The chorus riff is incredible. Other great ones:
Original of the Species
Love and Peace or Else
City of Blinding Lights
All Because of You
...oh fuck it, the whole album...

brownda7 said:
ORIGINAL OF THE SPECIES

No other contenders:wink:

After hearing every track once I came to this very conclusion too. This much I know - Original will be a top 3 track off the Bomb forever and ever.

I'm going to attempt to rate this album, but it's so perfect that the best and the worst are separated by less than 0.1 (in a metaphorical sense; I couldn't ascribe numbers out of 10 to these songs just yet)!

1. Miracle Drug
2. Love And Peace Or Else
3. Crumbs From Your Table
4. City Of Blinding Lights
5. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
6. All Because Of You
7. One Step Closer
8. Yahweh
9. Original Of The Species
10. Vertigo
11. A Man And A Woman

As I said, there's only 0.1 in that. Ask me to do a ranking in ten minutes and AMAAW will probably move up five places or something radical like that.

I'm surprised not too many of you have A Man and A Woman listed, it's such a beautiful song.

The album as a whole is brilliant.

And of course we'll buy the CD and the I-Pod and the Limited Ed Book package. I've been waiting to buy an I-pod since it's introduction and their packaging is a wonderful collector's item if nothing else, I'm in. No need to twist my arm.

My wife, not much of a fan, already enjoys the songs she's listened to with me. Although she left shortly after -- stating that in two weeks she knows she'll hear it cover to cover, around the clock.

rjhbonovox said:
LOVE AND PEACE OR ELSE is Great!

I agree, from the 5 I have heard so far it's the MF of all thisalbum- wouldn't it WOW/SHOCK the mainstream if U2 actually were brave enough to release this as a single ?!

In addition, YAWEH is the best closing track they have ever done- but need to wait for Fast Cars in the UK of course to see if it still works in respect of it's place on the album.

Mike

1. Love and Peace or Else - wow, wow and WOW
2. Original of the Species - plain Wonderful
3. Sometimes... extremely emotional
4. Miracle Drug
5. Crumbs Of Your Table

6. All Because Of You (Especially the last bit... yummi)
7. Vertigo
8. A Man And A Woman

City of Blinding Lights - I liked it at first but now it just a little too much...

brownda7 said:
OOTS must be higher than that Axver!

Redo your calculations!

I know! All those other songs are worthy of being higher but so is OOTS, and that probably makes utterly no sense to anyone but me. This album is TOO wonderful!

City of Blinding Lights
Sometimes
Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Original of the Species
Crumbs From Your Table
All Because of You
A Man and a Woman
Love and Peace or Else
Yahweh
One Step Closer

The album tracks are all solid

people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS ALBUM BLEW ME AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHERE IS THE PHASER AND BABYFACE NOW?MIRACLE DRUG IS REAL DRUG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>U2 IS THE BIGGEST BAND OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EVER AND EVER

azraelsevaen said:
A man and a woman.. people.. take another look.. It;s infectuous.

Agreed. I didn't think TOO much of it on first listen, but still thought it was good.

Now I love it.

OK, I've revised my calculations.

1. Vertigo
1. Miracle Drug
1. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
1. Love And Peace Or Else
1. City Of Blinding Lights
1. All Because Of You
1. A Man And A Woman
1. Crumbs From Your Table
1. One Step Closer
1. Original Of The Species
1. Yahweh

I think that's the most accurate ranking anyone has posted!

ludilobrate said:
people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS ALBUM BLEW ME AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHERE IS THE PHASER AND BABYFACE NOW?MIRACLE DRUG IS REAL DRUG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>U2 IS THE BIGGEST BAND OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EVER AND EVER

I'm sad to report that ludilobrate spontaneously combusted shortly after making this post

Notice how Sometimes... sounds so "real" and makes Stuck sound like its "plastic." I am not trying to start something negative here, it just that the emotion in Sometimes... is all there. It oozes. I can't say that Stuck really did that. His dad's death gave him a wonderful song here.

Axver said:
OK, I've revised my calculations.

1. Vertigo
1. Miracle Drug
1. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
1. Love And Peace Or Else
1. City Of Blinding Lights
1. All Because Of You
1. A Man And A Woman
1. Crumbs From Your Table
1. One Step Closer
1. Original Of The Species
1. Yahweh

I think that's the most accurate ranking anyone has posted!

It matches my feeling on the album

Back
Top Bottom