MERGED--> Fast Cars is great!+Xanax And Wine/Fast Cars+Fast Cars Rant! + Fast cars???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^
I wouldn't mind. I'm never against breaking into new territories. :wink:
Seriously, if they put out all the Bomb-sessions songs it would be a better album than the A-sides one IMO. Maybe not all of them, but the most.

Xanax And Wine/Fast Cars

I just kind of noticed something.Xanax and Wine and Fast Cars are the same song.Fast Cars is a shorter version of XaW and has a different name.I wonder why they just didn't put XaW on the album it's a awesome song.Should XaW have been on the album? Tell me what you think...l8r!

Not really. I like Xanax and Wine, it's a nice song. But I dont think it belongs on HTDAAB.

Even though some parts are great and the guitars by Edge are really strong, I find a couple parts weak. I like the record with 11 tracks on it, and if they were to put a couple more on it, I think "Mercy" and "Smile" belong on it before "Xanax and Wine."

i like xanax and wine better than fast cars

so if i had to chose between fast cars and xanax as a bonus song id pick xanax

Xanax & Wine rocks more than Fast Cars.
But Fast Cars is more interesting in mood.

Now Xanax & Fast Cars on the other hand...whew...

Putting Xanax&Wine/Fast Cars, Mercy (more finished version of it) and maybe Smile (I haven't heard other Bomb-session-songs...) qould save the album for me. At least a little bit. Like Gloria, Tommorow Rejoice and October save October IMO.

Fast Cars Rant!

I've heard that Fast Cars is a UK/Japan only bonus track. This is crazy! To me, an album should be the same in any country. And its also depriving fans in other countries of the albums second best track! (to my mind anyway). Fast Cars is one of the most fresh, inspired U2 have done in a while.

Does anyone else understand the ommision?!

Yeah great song. I didn´t like jacknife´s remix. It butchers the song IMO.

Fast cars????????

Hey, I'm new on the scene and I've been sniffing around for a this song called "Fast Cars" ???
Does anyone have a link??
I would really appreciate it and can't wait for them to come to Australia.....
Happy easter to ya!
Cheers
D

Hello, I'm new to this forum!

I love Fast Cars, I love U2 when they are experimental. I also love Xanax and Wine, it's wild! Can't choose between them, really.

Can anyone here tell me something about the beat? - any drummers here or dancers? It sounds like a flamenco rythm but it has this middle eastern feel to it. Is that in the beat? ... or is it something in the melody or the vocal. I can't figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom