MERGED--> ESPN.COM has ABOY Streaming Video in Full!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! + U2 video at hal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Soooooo, I bet ABC loved the shot of U2 standing in front of the NBC studios...:wink:

Dragonfave said:
The video brings tears to my eyes........:sad: :happy:

Are you really serious???

The best part for me is definitely Bono going Wahhhhhhh!!! Alright, I'm going back to the game. OK's gotta overcome the odds here. Still think the Utes would have beaten either team, but oh well.

why doesnt it work for me?
h t t p : / / s 9 . y o u s e n d i t .com/d.aspx?id=1L95JKQHCYH2A2G7O3JDVSZBEB

ADecentMelody said:

Are you really serious???

The best part for me is definitely Bono going Wahhhhhhh!!! Alright, I'm going back to the game. OK's gotta overcome the odds here. Still think the Utes would have beaten either team, but oh well.

I agree with the Utes

That just might be the best ever U2 video in my book. Yeah, I dig the rock & roll scream. :up:

Great video!!! Better than anything they've done since Stay and that was some time ago! I love this single version too. Notice how the intro was different than the album version? That guitar bit (not a guitar whiz here sorry) was nice and clear right thru the beginning without that heavy riff coming in and stealing it.

I liked it. It's pretty damn simple, the beginning during the intro is great, sometimes the screams are louder than the music and when Larry comes in a bit more editing could have made it more exciting but after the first chorus it gets more exciting. It would have been cool if there were more scenes of the boys interacting with people, like in the begging when Larry taps the cop on the shoulder or when Bono kisses the girl, more of that kind of stuff would have been nice. But it's a good video.

U2 are investing a lot on their popularity, I think it's to make a statement to the rest of the world to show that they are still popular and one of the biggest bands ever. It worked in my opinion. :up:

Last edited:
Brazilian fly...they showed bono kissing the girl....(not on tv but the streaming video in full on espn.com). he gets down on the "'stage" on the back of truck leans over the edge and kisses her then she flips out and screams.. :cool:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
Brazilian fly...they showed bono kissing the girl....(not on tv but the streaming video in full on espn.com). he gets down on the "'stage" on the back of truck leans over the edge and kisses her then she flips out and screams.. :cool:

I know, I watched the full version! :up: I'm saying that more scenes of that kind of interaction with the fans would have been nice. :yes:

I can only watch half of it and it freezes up on me! :mad: Oh, well, I'm sure it will be all over VH1 and VH1 Classic in a few days. And I'm glad I didn't sit through Ashley Simpson and a clip of the ABOY video mixed in with football highlights. Why the hell did the band ever agree to THAT? :huh:

It probably isn't fair to comment because I haven't seen the whole video yet, but it sure looks like a rehash of the Where The Streets Have No Name video to me. :| I hope the SYCMIOYO video is better.

(Edited to add I love the WTSHNN video, but I don't like U2 repeating it. It seems kind of lazy to me.)

Last edited:
I didn't :heart: the video and still don't :heart: the song - but what I do like is the passion the throngs of fans show for U2. The sheer excitement of seeing them in person unexpectedly - and for that reason, the video gave me goosebumps.

I just watched it and got all tingly. I need serious help. :rolleyes:

yeah I agree with ya brazilian fly...should of been more interaction.. Like when the boys got handed pizza, guiness and I think Starbucks coffee. And when they were on the manhattan bridge and said...something like" we're comin..

Not my favorite video, but I really enjoyed it! It's very fun and perhaps it's similar in style to WTSHNN and Gloria because they make reference to being back to the place they started from.

All in all, entertaining video!

Well apparently U2 not only stops the traffic, now they stop/crashes the internet also.
Couldn't get the ESPN streaming video to work at all,:sad: then I came back to Interference and my computer froze while trying to post. My VCR didn't record the clip. :sad: again.
I know that's not their fault, but wtf, I recorded the MTV Jammed 3 times - till I got it right, with no commercials.
I had to shut down completely and reboot & log back on and it went through 5 access numbers to connect to the internet.
F'ing dial up. This mostly proves that my computer truly sucks (which it does) or that these guys are really that powerful. :wink: well that too!!
I hope it will be back on some other sports show on ABC.:huh:
At least my TV had no problem :lol: This clip rocked big time. :dance:
OK end of :rant:

Last edited:
Meh, the video was okay. I agree, the best thing about it was the crowd reaction... (And Bono giving that girl a peck! *G*) However, the MTV Jammed special was definitely more fun to watch. LOL!

Either way, it's still frickin' awesome that they still pulled the stunt itself off... even if that excitement doesn't really translate into music video. *shrug*

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I just saw it. :up:

WAY better than the Streets video.

Yeah I couldn't agree more. I've always thought that something better could have been done with Streets video but oh well. Although some may say U2 is just repeating their past successes and following in a Beatle-ish sort of way.

But, never mind all that, I like the video and its a lot better than the Vertigo video for sure.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

*edit- and on top of it... i put 50 bucks on the over, and they just went over... thus... the game ain't annoying me

i took the sooners.....for a lot. thats why they say theres no such thing as a lock. I thought the pick one was easy $$$

rmobhz said:
For those who cant see the video...I saved it:

h**p://s9. .com/d.aspx?id=1L95JKQHCYH2A2G7O3JDVSZBEB

Thanks for posting this! :up:

Back
Top Bottom