MERGED-->Differences In Collector's Edition Books

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does everyone have the 2 red diagrams of the "sequence of events in a two stage radiation explosion" ?

Just curious cause those pages werent on the scanned pages of Losts.

Roland of Gilead said:
No doubt about it. The quote was removed simply in light of the Iraq war. Weapons of mass destruction!?!? Remember that deception?

I don't think it would have been removed because of that. I don't think Edge really gives a flying fuck if he ruffles anyone's feather by saying something like that (remember his postcard in Q?)

:up:

Thanks, BAW. Thats exactly what I meant.

So it appears the only difference between the Eurasian and the North American books is the lack of text on the Edge Hand page.

or so it appears thus far. lol.

Any word on what our South American friends have?

starsgoblue said:

I don't think it would have been removed because of that. I don't think Edge really gives a flying fuck if he ruffles anyone's feather by saying something like that (remember his postcard in Q?)

I think it was censored. In fact I have no doubt. Maybe not by U2, maybe yes. If not them definately by Universal Publishing in the U.S. where our versions were printed.

I think it's pathetic.

I noticed Edge's name wasn't on his handprint page before I read this thread. I thought it was weird, since the other 3 had their handprints identified. I'm bummed out that it was eliminated.

maro_chik said:
Here's what mine looks like, beli:

scan.jpg

Mine looks like this also,
I figures this was Edge's hand cause it is not lables like the others...Got mine in Hollywood CA

Last edited:
Mine doesn't have it. That's lame. :madspit:

Of course, mine also doesn't indicate it as Edge's hand (I assumed.) I wonder why they left that out? :|

Well...that theory might explain the quote being removed but not the caption "Edge's hand". There are plenty of other political statements in the book....quoting a famous novel isn't dangerous . This novel has been featured in several television shows and movies even....nothing that advant garde.

Collectors Eddition Booklet differences

okey just out of curriasity who has the booklet with the quote on edges hand and who has the booklet without the quote on edge's hand.

I for one got the one without the quote and mine says "extra line is needed.

Also does the one with the quote have that "extra line is needed" Anyways i didnt open my book up too much i wanna keep it as a collectors since i have the scans of the book and i have the delux eddition of the cd as well.

So anyways post here which version of the booklet you have,

Nico

I've got the text on the hand - I've got the UK edition though.
I don't have the insert text here (I don't think I do - not sure where to look).

Back
Top Bottom