MERGED--->Dave Fanning + Confirmed to play Vertigo on Thursday! + Important Info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From U2log.com

Update: The Fanning Show has confirmed with us that “Vertigo” will not be aired as part of 2FM’s webcast. The show, however, is looking for fans around the world to review the single (listening via phone) during the show. If reviewing the new U2 single interests you, contact the show by email and express your interest.

Important Info About Vertigo

From atu2.com

As we feared, word has come in from 2FM that the Dave Fanning Show on Thursday will not be available for live listening on the web. No reason was given in the email reply to our question. Boo to 2FM, Universal/Island, Principle Mgmt. or whomever is responsible for this (lame) decision.

Meanwhile, @U2 reader Brad D. tells us that Nova 100 FM in Melbourne, Australia, have announced that they will premiere "Vertigo" at 8:30 am Thursday morning Australian Eastern Standard Time. Nova 100 FM streams online, and here's the current time in Melbourne so you can schedule accordingly.

Lastly, we continue to investigate yesterday's report that a Phoenix radio station had played "Vertigo" on Monday. The station is now apparently claiming to have been issued a "cease and desist" letter, but our review of the station's airplay log for Monday shows no indication that "Vertigo" was played at all. Strange....

From U2log.com

Update: The Fanning Show has confirmed with us that “Vertigo” will not be aired as part of 2FM’s webcast. The show, however, is looking for fans around the world to review the single (listening via phone) during the show. If reviewing the new U2 single interests you, contact the show by email and express your interest.

Seems like I'm gonna have to listen thro Sky & I'm not gonna be able to record :(

Re: Important Info About Vertigo

Grandmaster jc said:
From another thread

Ok guys, I'm sorry to disappoint you but I just got this e-mail from nova100:

friday!
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, 23 September 2004 04:51
To: breakfast@nova100.com.au
Subject: Hughesy, Kate and Dave Website

Hi!

I was just listening to your radio station, and I heard that you are going to play U2’s last track this morning.

Can you confirm that you are going to play U2 Vertigo Thursday morning, or is it Friday morning?

I am a little bit confused.. J

Sincerely

xxxxx xxxxxx

So Nova ain't playing it 'til Friday then? this sucks man, U2 are making this too hard!!!

Folks, here's some times to help you out.

Fanning's show.
Australian east coast = 3:00-4:30am, 24/09
GMT = 6:00-7:30pm, 23/09
US east coast = 1:00-2:30pm, 23/09

Nova 100.3 FM
Australian east coast = 8:30am, 24/09
GMT = 11:30pm, 23/09
US east coast = 6:30pm, 23/09

So the big song comes on tomorrow sometime between 2:00 - 3:30 PM for me (ADT) so I'm gonna skip my European History lecture (damn 2:30-4 classes). I know I won't be able to hear it on the internet broadcast, but even the radio silence will still be amazing, because then I'll know that the world is finally hearing Vertigo. :up:

DaveC said:
I know I won't be able to hear it on the internet broadcast, but even the radio silence will still be amazing, because then I'll know that the world is finally hearing Vertigo. :up:

That made me :) I love it! I feel the same way :yes: :up:

Does anyone know if its possible to record off of TV onto a digital video camera? I can tune into 2FM via Sky TV here in UK and I was gonna VCR the channel (how sad is that? lol) so I have at least some kinda recording, but i won't be able to share that...but if I can get it onto a digital video camera, I can prob get it into mp3 format??

Any ideas?...I know nothing about this kinda thing.

No streaming audio from the Dave Fanning show!?

I read this post at the atu2 Web site a few minutes ago. I am concerned that we won't have streaming audio from the Dave Fanning Show when the new single is played later ... I won't be able to listen in the States! Thoughts?

From the atu2 Web site ...

NEW @U2 VERTI-GONE FROM 2FM / OTHER RADIO UPDATES
September 22, 2004
posted by: m2

As we feared, word has come in from 2FM that the Dave Fanning Show on Thursday will not be available for live listening on the web. No reason was given in the email reply to our question. Boo to 2FM, Universal/Island, Principle Mgmt. or whomever is responsible for this (lame) decision.

The webcast will be blanked out for the duration of the song, I'm sure someone somewhere will figure out how to create that much sought after mp3 though, so hopefully you'll have it some time today to play to your hearts content.

well, for all of you, since the Fanning show will not be streamed, it may be interesting for you to know that there's a portuguese radio station that is annoucing that will premiere vertigo friday morning in a full u2 hour from 08:00 to 09:00 Lisbon time (GMT), and they will broadcast it through the internet also.

This is about 13 hours after the Dave Fanning premiere, so by this time probably there will be a mp3 circulating on the net, but as far as i know this can be the on-line premiere (maybe i am wrong).

Here are the links:

the story (in portuguese):
http://www.bestrock.iol.pt/destaques/u2_vertigo/index.asp

to listen to it:
http://www.bestrock.iol.pt/player/index.asp
(click then in the headphones button)

Ironically, I will not be available to listen to it ‘cause I have a fucking meeting at 08:15, so enjoy it for me…

achtung davy said:
would you get in trouble for hosting the full version of vertigo if you recorded it off 2fm tonight?

Since you can't actually buy it, I think the band would be "okay" with it. It's not technically legal, but this has been done in the past without incident (I think). I'll gladly host it though if someone e-mails me the file - gorman@modblog.com .

It's evil - at this listening to 2FM throught the powerbook - they could of course "forget" to not block the stream - and I could get the song in 2 hours or so - yes I am naive and still believe in the tooth fairy.
It just would have been cool to listen to the single first with other U2 freaks - so please someone who gets 2FM please, please, please download the single - I will forever love you.

achtung davy said:
i might just send it to elvis and il leave it up to him to do what he wants with it? what do you's think?

That's cool, but it'll definitely be up on the boards somehow by tomorrow, when it hits the radio worldwide :)

the radio station who played the song early apparently got a nasty letter from universial so i think the record company is working really hard for the song not to be aired early? could someone who works in interference tell me the best thing to do?

gorman ive been on your site all week by the way, thanks alot for hosting the songs!

Dave Fanning Show Blocked On Sky TV

This totally sucks, now I can't even hear Vertigo as SkyTv was the only way I could pick up Dave Fannings show.

this pisses me off. I might as well just tune into my local rock DC station, there is just as good a chance hearing it on there.

Back
Top Bottom