MERGED--->Dave Fanning + Confirmed to play Vertigo on Thursday! + Important Info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no prob. please keep in mind that the issue of whether or not the webcast will be blacked out during the premiere is still in question.

Vertigo Will Air First On Thursday

The Dave Fanning show in UK will premiere the song supposedly before anyone else, on Thursday, at 6-7:30 PM Dublin time, that's 1-2:30 PM in the afternoon US Eastern time.

Anyone planning on recording this? I can't get the feed to work, though I know others can.

Fanning wouldn't talk over the intro or outro of any exclusive like this. He never has in the past because I've taped all of them. I'd imagine though that once it's played on his show it will be open season to DJ's around the world. Have any of your local stations reported moving the play up earlier than Friday due to time zones & that. Once it's played as an exclusive the door should be open to all stations.

AussieU2fanman said:
3:30a.m is a big ask :\

Won't it actually be 2:30? It's 3:00am my time in any case. I'll be up, even if I can't get the damn online stream to work!

RABIDLAMB said:
Fanning wouldn't talk over the intro or outro of any exclusive like this. He never has in the past because I've taped all of them.

I hope you are ready to tape this one to! Hope you can post the song just after it's played, especially if it's blacked out.

could you imagine listening to the stream and just getting so excited you don't know what to do, and hear Dave say "ok here it is, the new U2 single "Vertigo" " and then just hear dead air....... my heart would just explode. so if this does happen, i wish one of you irish guys/gals will record to tape or whatever, and upload here asap. we would all appreciate it (of course). but the time between the "dead air" and the upload to the net will be excruciating. :(

i just wonder if there are any local stations here in manila
who would do the honors. i havent got a chance to listen to the radio coz i work 8 hrs a day. just about the only time i get to listen is when my husband drives me to work and that's only a 15min ride. i am just envious. but if do get a chance to listen to it on friday, i'll post it on this net.
until then i can only envy you guys in the western hemisphere.
:sad:

and i dont have a radio in the office. but can play cd's on my computer. but office rules dictate that we turn the volume down.
on 2nd thought maybe i should grab my clock radio and bring it to work. gotta bring my earphone too!

have I missed something or did they change the text on the U2 'exclusive' announcement http://www.rte.ie/2fm/entertainment/fanning.html.

I don't remember it saying 'It's the first chance for all U2 fans to hear the brand new single anywhere in the world!' before...I'm prob clutching at straws, building my hopes up, dreaming outloud etc but would they say that if they were then going to block it online??

It will NOT BE BLOCKED OUT. I can tell you people that right now. It says on the site that 'It's the first chance for all U2 fans to hear the brand new single anywhere in the world!' Unless everyone has a FM reciever that can recieve signals 1000's of miles away, its gonna be aired on the net. No more doubting people, this is the real deal (but it's gonna be at 3am in the morning for us Australians!)

Last edited:
Not an ask at all for me, it's normal for me to be up at that hour, but I can't get the feed to work, either.

Not fair! I've listened to that show online before on this machine?!?!?

:madspit: ~Ultra

UKTan said:
have I missed something or did they change the text on the U2 'exclusive' announcement http://www.rte.ie/2fm/entertainment/fanning.html.

I don't remember it saying 'It's the first chance for all U2 fans to hear the brand new single anywhere in the world!' before...I'm prob clutching at straws, building my hopes up, dreaming outloud etc but would they say that if they were then going to block it online??

I think you must have missed it because I posted the same thing yesterday afternoon; wondering why people thought it would be blacked out when the website was obviously talking to fans worldwide.

Back
Top Bottom