MERGED--->Dave Fanning + Confirmed to play Vertigo on Thursday! + Important Info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey guys, maybe a stupid question, but you can only hear the Dave show via realplayer not windows media? I only have windows at work and this now may require a sick day from work if i cant get realplayer!! HELP!!!

jimmycactus said:
Please take note that some site said that the song will ripped off the internet stream !!!

good call. it's a good thing we have a heads up, so someone will record it off their stereo instead.

also remember, when electrical storm exclusived on fanning, everyone was listening to the stream and it blacked out then too. So really, *DO NOT* stay up listening to the webstream and expect to hear the song, as there's a 99% chance you will not hear it on the web stream, and be very annoyed and possibly be discussing lawsuits. So really, just wait on the mp3s :)

Fanning will get it before everybody else...he's had it before and he's linked to the band...he's also on an Irish radio staion...now u may have all forgotten, but U2 is an Irish band so would want their song played first in their own country...I have Irish blood and know the Irish...they'd give u2 a right kicking if they didn't offer Ireland the first pickings...it's a fact

i posted a thread about this a month ago saying fanning would play vertigo first, hes a good guy dave, he holds the world record for fastest speaking dj in the world

So the webstream will be blocked? sob. I know that the rest of the world will have in less than 24 hours later but still... sob

Folks, I am certain the webstream will NOT be blacked out. Why? Because at 6:00-7:30pm Irish time, it is already 24 September where I live! 3:00-4:30am on Australia's east coast and 5:00-6:30am in New Zealand, to be precise. Why would they black it out when it's already officially available in other parts of the world (albeit perhaps not yet delivered)?

Also, am I the only person who can't get the feed to work, even through Real?

Last edited:
I think what'll happen (guessing here) is that Fanning will get to play it first and a few hours later (at 8 am in Australia) it will be available to the rest of the world. I'm not going to be shocked if there's 3.5 minutes of silence when it's supposed to be played.

Also, the feed works for me but I get alot of skipping and repeated words. Not the smoothest stream I've heard.

New Vertigo Info and Fan Reaction from @U2!

NEW @U2 'VERTIGO' RADIO PREMIERE ON 2FM ... OR NOT
September 21, 2004
posted by: m2

Confirming what we wrote about in Monday night's OTR column, the Dave Fanning Show is now advertising on its web site that it will offer the first exclusive play of "Vertigo" on Thursday night. You can LISTEN LIVE ONLINE, but we're reminded that when 2FM premiered "Electrical Storm" a couple years ago, they cut the web broadcast. Dave Fanning's show airs from 6-7:30 pm Dublin time, and you can see the current time in Dublin to set your own schedule accordingly.

However... @U2 reader Judson G. in Arizona tells us that KMXP-FM Mix 96.9 in Phoenix, a Clear Channel-owned station, played the song twice on Monday. His reaction? "It has been a while since I liked a U2 song right off the bat, and I was very
surprised at how good this song sounds on the initial listen."

All I can say is - sweeeeeeet. :drool:

SmileyGladhands said:
Can anyone confirm wether or not KMXP arizona truly played the song?

i looked at their website, and honestly, they just don't seem like a station that would have played Vertigo early, if at all.

They're apparently the same type of "mix" music station as the one in Vegas - which frequently plays U2 btw. I typed it in as a request for the Drive @ 5 shit they have listed on their homepage. ;)

I just wish someone would play it already. I cant get any work done surfing this fuckin forum. ;) Don't want to miss it, ya know.

***Edit: Added a space between "any" and "work"***

Last edited:
In this day and age, it's pretty impressive that U2 have protected their art this well. I can't remember the last time something as anticipated as this actually had the chance to become this anticipated. I'm all tingly inside.

PowerSurge said:
I'm really not computer savvy at all, but can't someone just record it off the radio and make an mp3 out of it?

Yeah, but I think you'd need some impressive equipment to do that, and you'd have to live in Ireland. So that rules out people like me who don't live in Ireland and don't have the ability to record the radio on their computer. I can only do online streams.

Dave Fanning's show will probably be the best place to hear/record Vertigo, because the web site promises that the song will be played "in full".

Wouldn't it be really annoying, after having waited this long, to hear some DJ talking all over the intro and outro, or playing only half of it... They do that a lot on the radio, don't they? :blahblah:

He probably will talk a little, but "in full" sounds promising. :)

Dave Fanning's show will probably be the best place to hear/record Vertigo, because the web site promises that the song will be played "in full".

Wouldn't it be really annoying, after having waited this long, to hear some DJ talking all over the intro and outro, or playing only half of it... They do that a lot on the radio, don't they? :blahblah:

He probably will talk a little, but "in full" sounds promising. :)

I just hope Vertigo lives up to the hype...i'm sure it will, but there's still a tiny little worry in my mind that it'll turn out to be a disappointment, then we'll all be depressed... :(

Back
Top Bottom