MERGED ----> Daughtry Covers "Sunday Bloody Sunday"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was ordinary if not meh to me. Did not put out the right emotions to the song. He's monotonous in his songs .. he screams all the time there is not much variation. Rock is not just about screamin' ya know.

SBS is not a hard rock song to sing --- yeah it has a lot of screamy parts but SBS has a special meaning to it you have to feel what it's about otherwise it's just vocal acrobatics to me.

Remember this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9c4lLnY0rA&mode=related&search=

That's what I'm saying. If one has to cover a song of another artist, you don't just copycat , more so copycat the vocals otherwise you just do a karaoke version. One has to do a better rendition of the song. I think Simon said something similar to that when he critiqued the other participants. The only idol I think who sings covers on that show (well, they all do covers) is Bo Bice who makes them his own like you think he did the original -- well at least that's how he sounded in practically all the songs he sang. His a capella rendition of In A Dream is unparalleled and is still talked about.

Being a fan, I feel flattered when artists do covers of U2 songs like how Keane did WOWY or Jars of Clay did 40.
This one just does not do it for me.

Back
Top Bottom