MERGED--->Dalkey Beach, Where Art Thou? + Is that Vertigo+Mick mp3 genuine or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh comeon, would a chick do something like this? And when I was reading his posts, I definately got the impression he was a guy. Anyway, this is all irrelevant, he's a liar, let's get back on the topic of Vertigo.

P.S of course you would come across as friendly if you were trying to convince someone your not like he has done. If he came across as an arsehole who would believe him, who would care? You have to be friendly to trick people like he has done, think about it.

GO VERTIGO GO!!

Last edited:
You guys!!! First of all, I am absolutley amazed that U2Dork saw what he saw in that pic (yes when I doubled clicked on it I could see it)....but seriously more credit should go towards U2Dork for his sluething rathering than using this as the 'red herring' to disregard anything Dalkey has said. You guys wanted proof...and now that you found it (rather ingeniously I might add) you are writing everything off. I told you guys....no matter what you're going to believe what you want to believe about the Dalkey situation--just go for the ride. Let's see where it leads.

U2dork said:
Um... if you go to u2log and look at the picture of Neil McCormic that was up a couple of days ago, U2 by U2 is on the shelf in the upper left hand corner and has a dark cover with white and orange lettering...

:shocked: Shit! I have never met a smart dork before! Nice to meet ya. :cool:

Like I said before, I read it in another thread somewhere on this forum. I can't seem to find it now. I liked the folk art crucifix. I also wanted to see if maybe the new album was hidden somewhere on the shelves...

If I recall... the fake reports really started en masse with "Pop". While the 'net has existed for a long time, even in '93 (with "Zooropa"), most people weren't online. Sites like this didn't exist (partly because they probably couldn't exist with the technology then). Therefore, fake reports were not really spread.

By '96 though, people could upload music and create websites - like this one. The expanding web created the inevitable jerks. I recall seeing fake reports on "Pop" from those "in the know". That is, someone that "knew the band", was "within the band" in some capacity or had "inside connections" would make these vague yet suggestive posts.

This nonsense was expanded further with ATYCLB. All the early reports on those two albums were just like the ones seen here - some real info. that's been gleaned from other websites and then something "teasing" information that ultimately proved false. And again, each time the info. came from someone that supposedly knew the band. From what I recall of reading Interference years ago (even though I joined recently as a poster, I've been reading for years), some thought Elvis was one of the pranksters! LOL! Well, at least he's met the band. :)

With this new album, I'm surprised we have had only one prankster. Seems a bit low to me. :wink: But they are often pretty easily discredited. So enjoy the fun posts - at least it's nice to think that U2 is reading here.

Oh, and one thing I that was a giveway from our current prankster is the comment that Bono is "afraid of the 'net". From a man who allowed a camera into the studio while they recorded "Pop" to someone who doesn't care much about file swapping, I doubt Bono is a technophobe. Not saying he's like Edge, but I doubt he's "afraid" of the 'net. Too much information out there for him to avoid reading - especially given the nature of DATA.

Last edited:
Based on the past and the information learned so far, I'd say that this new person is just like the pranksters from the past. They too would always claim to be real - until ultimately proven a fraud. Have faith if you want, but even if the person is correct on a few things, it doesn't mean he/she is associated with the band or has Principle Management working for him/her. :wink:

starsgoblue said:
....but seriously more credit should go towards U2Dork for his sluething rathering than using this as the 'red herring' to disregard anything Dalkey has said. You guys wanted proof...and now that you found it (rather ingeniously I might add) you are writing everything off. I told you guys....no matter what you're going to believe what you want to believe about the Dalkey situation--just go for the ride. Let's see where it leads.

With all do respect..... No.

I don't give a damn if the guy is nice, or if it is fun to ask him questions.

He's an F-in fake, and is just blowing smoke up everyone's ass. If people want to waste time talking to this guy, go nuts. No disrespect to anyone who chooses to. But don't go telling us that we were using "red herrings" to discredit this guy. It took a little while, but some very simple COMMON SENSE discredited nearly everything he said.

Not trying to be a dick, just giving my "$.02" as well.

i tend not to really give a shit about this thread, considering there's not really any groundbreaking news coming out of it.

i thought i'd still grace you all with my presence though.

Can we let this thread die now?
I'm so looking forward to it sinking to the bottom of the page and eventually disappearing...

I just read through this extremely long thread with Dalkey .. wow we should be careful how quick we come to conclusions folks.. an IP address can be decieving .. you might want to be careful who you chase away ..anyway I suppose people are just anxious for info but you just never know who might be lurking those are my thoughts and I can't blame the guy for leaving when your put him under a microscope no one involved with U2 would stand around fot that I do not think and they certainly wouldnt come out and tell you who they are
.. fake or not little tact goes along way

Katey, while I agree with you for the most part, Dalkey Beach let the cat out of the bag by saying he was affiliated with the band. That put him under the microscope and that was his own doing.

I also agree that IP addressing can be deceiving and that some people here are eager to believe, while others are just as eager to not believe.

You know this board is for sharing the U2 experience, and your love for the band. Granted no one wants to be taken advantage of, but if Dalkey Beach is the real deal then have you been? And even if he/she isn't it's not the end of the world.

I remember long ago when "Pop" was coming out some guy sent out a 17 song supposed track list for the album on the Wire newgroup. People lost their minds when they saw the track listing. The poster then exposed that he had made it up for some sort of reasons, and people lost their minds in a negative way. Me, I found it amusing and harmless. How is your life affected by someone who is giving you information about a band you like? It's not relative to your "real" life. Yes U2 is important to all of us for various reasons, but geez remember it's only entertainment in the long run.

Katey said:
I just read through this extremely long thread with Dalkey .. wow we should be careful how quick we come to conclusions folks.. an IP address can be decieving .. you might want to be careful who you chase away ..anyway I suppose people are just anxious for info but you just never know who might be lurking those are my thoughts and I can't blame the guy for leaving when your put him under a microscope no one involved with U2 would stand around fot that I do not think and they certainly wouldnt come out and tell you who they are
.. fake or not little tact goes along way

Completely agree!!

I think that Dalkey Beach is Paul McGuiness or some variation of him----lol.

PowerSurge said:

With all do respect..... No.

I don't give a damn if the guy is nice, or if it is fun to ask him questions.

He's an F-in fake, and is just blowing smoke up everyone's ass. If people want to waste time talking to this guy, go nuts. No disrespect to anyone who chooses to. But don't go telling us that we were using "red herrings" to discredit this guy. It took a little while, but some very simple COMMON SENSE discredited nearly everything he said.

Not trying to be a dick, just giving my "$.02" as well.

Hey, PowerSurge...don't yell at me. I wasn't saying anything other than the fact that U2Dork very cleverly found something that wasn't nessacarily all over the net to find....he had a good eye and picked out something new. Something that matched what Dalkey said. Could Dalkey have done the same thing U2Dork did? Sure. But does it mean that automatically no.

YOU don't know anything more than ME. We are all speculating on this...so I'd appreciateif you'd let me reattach the head of mine that you just bit off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom