MERGED --> "Complete U2" errors - report HERE + Complete U2 PDF - Probs+ Paint It Bla

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: "Complete U2" errors - report HERE

Originally posted by jmelrose Also: the track "A Sort of Homecoming (Live at Wembley)" is listed as a 12 second song. That's also been reported to iTunes customer service, although the more people who report it the faster they're likely to get moving on fixing it.

This is the only problem I for me that I'm aware of. I sent an email to iTunes Customer Service....

I finally loaded my Complete U2 into my iPod and noticed it was two songs short (just 445). I couldn't figure out how I was going to go through all the songs and figure out which ones are missing. Thanks for posting it here guys - A Sort of Homecoming (live from Wembley) and New York.

Just gotta file my own complaint now too...

A Sort of Homecoming now reposted but appears to be the same as the version on Wide Awake in America (great test for you diehards - is that as it should be? ie on The Unforgettable Fire EP, was the version of the song the same one that later popped up on Wide Awake?)

Al;so the New York track appears to be fixed as well as it no longer crashes itunes.

Paint It Black

Anyone downloaded the whole U2 album from Itunes?
Paint It Black is not credited as being one of the songs you can download.... except it IS on there. When you play Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses" you get to hear "Paint It Black"...

Maybe there are some more mistakes there....

Very funny though :wink: :ohmy:

You are right - Pain It Black is one of the Wild Horses Temple Bar mizes.

Very pleasant suprise I might add :)

paint it black is now fixed, so is new york.... i think that a sort of homecoming is the exact same version on WWIA and UF EP so thats no big deal really....
There are a few errors in the pdf, like pop being released in 1993?! and the unreleased and rare tracks have different info on the pdf to the tag on the tracks!!!

chrissybaby said:
paint it black is now fixed, so is new york.... i think that a sort of homecoming is the exact same version on WWIA and UF EP so thats no big deal really....
There are a few errors in the pdf, like pop being released in 1993?! and the unreleased and rare tracks have different info on the pdf to the tag on the tracks!!!
That's nice, now hopefully I'll get some sort of e-mail with instructions on how to get mine fixed...:|

For anyone still having the PDF problem, its been mentioned already in this thread but you need to upgrade to Adobe Reader 6.0 and you should be able to open the file. I couldn't open the one I got with the box set or the one that was emailed to me but as soon as I upgraded to 6.0, it opened right up. :up:

Thanks again nuetral :)

frenchie1970 said:
neutral -- i would love it if you could send it to me. i still cannot find it. i honestly didn't see it dl the other morning, but i was operating on very little sleep.

thanks in advance

kalandahl@adelphia.net

oops just saw this! it's on the way.

cheers!!

you too, EdgeVox and
frenchie1970

Last edited:
After all the problems I've reported, the folks at Apple just re-authorized my account to download the whole set all over again. When I did so, the pdf STILL didn't come with it, and oddly the Lemon (Perfecto Mix) found on Melon and as part of the Lemon single was 2:05 and upon listening was actually the segment from Hasta La Vista Baby. Fortunately, and this is the weird part, the original download contained the correct version of the track @ almost 9 minutes and so I pulled that out of the trash and got a complete set, I think, finally.

Kinda sad the quality control on this is so poor. I wonder if it's on the boys' side or Apples?

jmelrose said:
After all the problems I've reported, the folks at Apple just re-authorized my account to download the whole set all over again. When I did so, the pdf STILL didn't come with it, and oddly the Lemon (Perfecto Mix) found on Melon and as part of the Lemon single was 2:05 and upon listening was actually the segment from Hasta La Vista Baby. Fortunately, and this is the weird part, the original download contained the correct version of the track @ almost 9 minutes and so I pulled that out of the trash and got a complete set, I think, finally.

Kinda sad the quality control on this is so poor. I wonder if it's on the boys' side or Apples?

Are you sure about the pdf. I downloaded the set last night and when I tried to open the pdf it didn't. So I looked at the file in the folder where the file is located and it just wasn't associated with Acrobat. Once I directed it to open with the reader it worked fine (acrobat reader 6).

Positive. I did a search of all pdf files on the hard drive just to be sure. It's interesting that in iTunes you can add the pdf file to the library, and if you double-click on it it will open the pdf viewer application. I wonder if they added that to allow for booklets to be incorporated into album purchases.

jmelrose said:
Positive. I did a search of all pdf files on the hard drive just to be sure. It's interesting that in iTunes you can add the pdf file to the library, and if you double-click on it it will open the pdf viewer application. I wonder if they added that to allow for booklets to be incorporated into album purchases.

Just out of curiosity what is the 1st folder in your U2 folder in your itunes music, that is where my pdf file is, the second folder is 11 o'clock..

You will be my best friend if you email me the Itunes PDF file..
I am about 14 tracks away from completing it on my own, plus have another 100 or so more tracks from years of collecting.

If some kind soul can email it to me, I will send them a puppy..

Ok, not a real puppy..

:)

muziqlover123@yahoo.com

Muziq...I tried sending it to you, but my e-mail server said that file was too big. Sorry! I guess you'll have to find someone else.

And I really wanted that puppy....:sad:

Hey thanks for trying Polkahard...
How bout if anyone can send me the PDF, I'll send you a GMail invite..
I think the limit is 10MB per message..
If it's bigger than that, maybe we can AIM a transfer?
I'll still get you that puppy..:)

Muziq, tried it again for you this morning. It seemed to send OK.

I'd check your inbox!

I've got the same problem as jmelrose, about the Lemon (Perfecto Mix). The track on Melon and Lemon Remixes is actually the exact same track as the Hasta La Vista track, clocking in at only 2:05.

Louis

Could someone be kind enough to send me the pdf file? I own all of the tracks already and would love to have this as a keepsake on the ol' harddrive to peruse as I listen to the boys!
Email it to: dylanfreeradio@verizon.net

I will be in yer debt forever!!!
Thanks a million gang!

.pdf file for me?

Sorry to double post on this again everyone...can anyone send me this .pdf?
This will be a perfect ending to my collection!!
I will be more than happy to trade something for it!

Let me know if you can help me out...
dylanfreeradio@verizon.net

Thanks so much!

My .pdf file was in a seperate folder marked "The Complete U2." It did not, however, download first.

The version of A Sort of Homecoming on Wide Awake In America is the same as MOST copies of The Unforgettable Fire Single. A different mix was released in Australia.

The Lemon (Perfecto Mix) problem is now fixed, although I'm not sure how I can re-download it now that I've already d/l'ed the entire thing.

Back
Top Bottom