MERGED-->COMMENTS ON THE 3/10 REVIEW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@david: why did you write it? do you think you can hurt me with that? keep in mind: if i wouldn't be able to stand it, then i wouldn't have written it in that way.

I DON*T UNDERSTAND YOU BABYFACE.WHAT ARE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
PHASER REWIEV DOESN*T MAKE SENSE AND IT IS INSANE!

I WILL ASK YOU-WHO CAN TELL A LOT OF BAD THINGS FOR ALBUM AFTER ALL SONGS AND SNIPPETS THAT ALL WE HEARD.COBL,ABOY,OOTS,VERTIGA ARE AWESOME...MAN WHO DARES TO GIVE ALBUM 3/10 IS COMPLETELY IDIOT.

I MUST THAT BONO*S VOICE ON TOTP PERFORMANCE WAS MARVEOLUS AND BRILLIANT...AS ITCOMES FROM ACHTUNG ERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SUGGEST EVERY FAN OF U2 TO NOT READ ALL THESE STUPID THREADS WHICH ARE AIMED TO HARM U2 AND THEIR REMARKABLE CARER.

ALL NEWSPAPER REWIEVS OF ALBUM ARE VERY GOOD AND POSITIVE AND ALL MUSIC CRITICS TIL NOW WERE POSITIVELY SUPRISED ABOUT *BOMB*

LET GOD HELP THESE BOYS WHODON*T KNOW WHAT THEY SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!

U2 IS THE GREATEST AND THEY WILL SHOW ON THE NEXT TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U2 FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ludilobrate

Your shift-key is stuck

@all
Most things which have to be said about phaser were allready mentioned by andre.lay.
I know resahp|phaser for qhite a while now and what i like most about him is his honesty.
So if you can't handle that someone speaks out his personal opinion - move on to another "we love u2 - no matter what"-thread.
Please read his review completely at the original source: U2tour.de
I am currently very disappointed by this album.

There are allready more german reviews and the translations to english might follow soon.

I'm looking forward to hear the new album on November 19 and i'm happy to be able to discuss phasers review with him in a different u2-forum then.

If you look at all of the detailed reviews at http://www.u2tour.de/specials/htdaab_prelistening/index_EN.php you can see different views on the album - all have bin written by long time hardcore U2 fans but still noone judges better than 7.5/10.

@mods:
please delete the 11-04-2004 12:21 PM posting of ludilobrate, it's just offensive, no real content.

Let's put this post to rest. The guy gave his opinion and although I thought that I was reading a review of the new record of german schlager champion Heino it's not that big a deal.

hey PHASER, don't let them grind you down:sexywink:...its okay if you think so...i have no problem with it...here (on the interference forum) are too many of one-eyed (sometimes blind????) U2 supporters.
i'm a huge fan since 1984 but i don't like too much their last tw efforts (pop + atyclb). the best albums of U2 (the unforgettable fire, the joshua tree and ACHTUNG BABY) already have been recorded. i doubt whether the new HTDAAB could match them. its just too much hype around...time will tell...:)

In the u2tour forum, another person who has already heard the album during a pre listening says that HTDAAB is a fantastic album! He says that all the songs are very good, that the album reminds him of a lot of stuff U2 has done in their past! He liked it...

Ludilobrate,

When you make posts in all-capital letters, it appears like you are shouting.

I deleted your second post as it falls under a personal attack which is not allowed, please see our FAQs here:
http://forum.interference.com/misc.php?action=faq

People are welcome to disagree with other people's comments/reviews etc., but please be respectful in your responses.

I was just wondering in terms of how you wrote your review... the process. Did you write down your thoughts while listening to the album or did you listen to the entire album first and then write a basic review of each song. Note: I do not believe it is wrong to use either method so please don't attack phaser if he chooses to reveal his method.

I think its lame that phaser can't have his opinion and people are actually psycho-analyzing each and every sentence he makes. LOL.

Did you write down your thoughts while listening to the album or did you listen to the entire album first and then write a basic review of each song.

ok, got it. well... i've written down comments during gaps or breaks and mainly directly after i heard the song and before the next song started. i think you might gonna miss things, when you write down things during the actual songs as well as you might loose information when you write it down at the end of the whole album. this can actually be explained by the primacy and recency-effect. things which happen at the beginning and things which are at the end are being "burned" much better into a human memory than the stuff which is in the middle.

ps: thanx to everyone for distancing from the immature and personal attacks.

Last edited:
Cool....

What about the music... did you focus on the music b/c IMO the full effect of the lyrics could probably never be reviewed adequately by just one review unless its just the chorus. I usually focus on the music and maybe the chorus of the song when I listen to a song (habit). I know there were criticisms about Bono's voice but what about the music. I.E. the Edge, Larry, and Adam... did just feel boring to you, new and interesting but failed attempts, catchy. You complained about not having anything memorable to remember. Were you only referring to the singing?

the lyrics have been handed out to everyone who was in the room. they were specially on photocopied papers so that you actually could read them during listening but i personally haven't done that. so i was listening to the music.

with the melody i was mainly referring to the refrains and riffs. normally i always keep certain guitar riffs or some great refrains. when i hear those music, i usually play it with them on the guitar in my mind. but here, i was waiting and waiting an waiting for the typical u2 refrain i have on almost every album. it wasn't there on most songs and especially the middle part of the album is very weak in my eyes. it's just boring music for the moment for me.

Back
Top Bottom