MERGED --> Collectors Edition Details + htdaab box pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks ramblin rose! I think I have an expectation now that I am in fact getting Fast Cars with my copy of this. Looks beautiful and from what I hear, it will be a lot more rarer than the limited edition Best ofs. I just got my confirmation from my friend, who owns a music shop, for this.

Apart from placing orders, will I still have a good chance of getting this limited edition off the shelf if I buy the album opening day?

:hyper: I cant wait to have this in my hands!!
Sleep Over Jack, Im gonna wait and buy this at the midnight Tower sale. I dont think we will have a problem buying the box set in the stores....

Me wants it!!

Can't wait to pick that puppy up! I preordered it at Borders for pickup the day it comes out!!!

Edited to add: I don't think I can, in good conscience, listen to the streams on the 16th after seeing this. I want to be able to be drinking my wine, listening to the album and flipping through the book with fresh ears! Anyone else agree?

Last edited:
Ok..I love buying albums from shops thats all, I didn't really want to mail order it. Hope I can get it! BTW how much does it cost in £?

htdaab box pics

These are from atu2.com
How come no one's posted these here yet? (or have they and I missed it?)

box2.jpg

box1.jpg

box3.jpg

Lots of messy Bono writing.
Good for hours of translating fun!

Last edited:
Whoever photographed these should place the cd in the computer, press "import songs", and then press the "distribute to all U2 fans" button.

Dammit. Why does every collector's edition of every album ever released have to treat the CD in such a poor manner? Look at how flimsy its housing is; it'll be scratched to hell in good time.

So does this definately mean Fast Cars is in the collector's edition?

Can anyone post the amazon US link to the collectors edition which I'm thinking will include CD, DVD, Booklet and Fast Cars......I was thinking that if I wanted Fast Cars I'd have to purchase from the UK or Japan......I just wanna be sure

Xavier

I'm wondering if that writing means something...
Or is it just Bono's handwriting for obsessed fans who will give too much money they don't have for some stupid thing like that?!? (like me, for instance) :wink:

(I hope there's some really important things in that book :ohmy: )

As much as I'd like to believe "Fast Cars" is on it, amazon seems to say otherwise.

Amazon.com

Album Description
COLLECTOR'S EDITION (LIMITED): In addition the the full CD, the COLLECTOR'S EDITION includes a DVD with Making of the Album footage, B Roll in studio, and Acoustic performances of 4 songs. In addition to the CD & DVD, the COLLECTOR'S EDITION features a full color hardback book. The book includes extracts from band members note books, original paintings, illustrations and photography along with quotes and statistics.
(Fast Cars is not on the track listing, but who knows
(They are now saying it's out of stock. Uh, it hasn't been in stock yet, so I wonder what amazon is talking about here???)

The import from Japan: List Price: $50.49
Editorial Reviews
Album Details
Japanese Release featuring a Bonus Track
(which is Fast Cars - in the track listing)

Last edited:
Looks cool. I also love regular CD cases with my albums, so I plan to buy the collectors edition and the regular cd as well :wink:

Back
Top Bottom