MERGED --> Collector's Edition (CD+DVD) = Already Sold Out? + Will HMV Canada Have..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
macphistofreak said:
Ok, should I preorder it now then? Or can I wait till the day its released to go to Borders or wherever?
I really wanted to wait till the day it was released, because I wanted the excitement of walking into the store, finding the cd, jumping up and down, briefly comtemplating whether I should steal the store's poster or not, buying it, then rushing to my car in a state of pure happiness and singing at the top of my lungs on the way home.
I'm sorry, I've never experienced a new album release before.
:hyper: :faint:
How long will it take to get here if I order it online? I'm going to be in CA for all of Thanksgiving break, from Wednesday to Sunday, so I don't want my poor little package sitting in the cold.

I'm sorry but I laughed at your post. No harm intended.

Last edited:
okey thats ALLL i wanted to know. Just saw a little hastility on your reply to me about being undesisive but thank you for the information i will now just wait till teusday and get it then.

Thanks for the info!

dabiggestu2fan said:
okey thats ALLL i wanted to know. Just saw a little hastility on your reply to me about being undesisive but thank you for the information i will now just wait till teusday and get it then.

Thanks for the info!

No problem dude, but its been covered at length on this forum at least from just looking at the threads. It's just funny.

The hostility is not personal, its just crazy seeing people get this psycho over it.

The limited edition will be available everywhere. It may not be available for a long time everywhere but I highly doubt the demand for it is going to be that great in terms of supply/demand. LE is unfortunately more of a marketing term than anything in music, if it was really going to be truly limited the price would be a lot more expensive.

Non-hardcore fans are not going to shell out the money for it. The limited edition is a gift for the hardcore fans more than anyone else.

Last edited:
FYI today I went to both HMV and future shop here in vancouver to ask about the box sets the limited eddition and both told me that they WOULDNT be getting the limited eddition box sets they will just be getting the regular cds! so i guess ill be preordering it right now through the net!

Regards,
Nico

dabiggestu2fan said:
FYI today I went to both HMV and future shop here in vancouver to ask about the box sets the limited eddition and both told me that they WOULDNT be getting the limited eddition box sets they will just be getting the regular cds! so i guess ill be preordering it right now through the net!

Regards,
Nico

ah, thanks for this info. i've been to every place imaginable asking if they'd be getting it in, and everyone has looked at me like i have rocks in my head. even the record stores around here don't seem to know there's a collectors edition coming out next week. 'ask closer to the release date' is what every one of them said. hello, it's next tuesday?!

:huh:

Yes i sortoff got the same looks LOL In future shop the lady didnt even seem to know that there was a U2 cd out at all!! I had to explain to her that next teusday the 23rd they released the cd and she looked at a book and said oh yeah its only the cd version! LOL this is one of the biggest album releases if not the biggest of the year and she works in the cd department and didnt even know it? LOL and the other just simply told me that they would only get the regular eddition. Ive only been to two stores i dont know about other stores so i just went and ordered it online and will get it on the 24th so its no biggies since ive already heard all the songs anyways. I just wanna see the DVD and the booklet which ive seen the scans for most of the pages anyways.

i've come to the conclusion that they have no idea what they're talking about. how anyone could not know U2 was about to release a new album is incomprehensible. i'm going to wait and see for sure that it's not in the stores here (i'm hoping i can get it cheaper than $42). if not, i'll be pulling out my visa and ordering it. i can wait a couple of extra days, i think... :wink:

pepokiss said:
in amazon.co.uk... it says CD+DVD...

do I have to pay shipping and delivery?

how is it?

If it is like amazon.ca where i just ordered mine today then you can get it free of shipping. BUT it takes 2-6 business days for the free shipping and being the impetient guy that i am I decided to go with pririty shipping and pay extra to get it on the 24th either. SO if it is like amazon.ca and your willing to wait about a week then it is free shipping

I just walked into Music World @ Square One in Mississauga ON, sort of by accident, and I saw 2-4 copies on the shelf and I picked up one.. the guy at the store counter aparently saw U2 play in Dublin some years ago and was raving about their live shows :).. cost was $38.99... the regular album was less than $11

this was around 3:30 PM today (thursday nov 25)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom