MERGED-->Collector's Edition Box Set Discussion - POSSIBLE SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
heh the book is a bit weird by U2 standards, the DVD I havent put on yet, but the CD has been on random repeat for the last hour Ive been home

RickFly, try an FYE or Sam Goody on release date or order it from an online seller. You're not going to find it today because its not out officially until the 23rd (22nd in the UK, tomorrow in Ireland)

Re: I've got the album (box set) today

bonosleftone said:
A lot of stores are getting their shipments of new stuff in today for Tuesday release and luckily my friend broke the rules and hooked it up. Still had to pay for it but I got it!

The North American Box Set DOES have Fast Cars.

Also got the new Seinfeld DVDs...

WaHAY for "Fast Cars!" I am getting REALLY excited :hyper: I've never experienced a new U2 album release (with the exception of the 1990-2000 "Best Of") :dance:

U2.com says you can buy it in London at Virgin Megastores, Picadilly, starting at midnight tonight. I wonder if it will be released early in the US. :hyper:

Well, woooty-hoo! :hyper:
I was wee bit confused with that last rumor in the news section. I've come to really, really like fast cars and was disappointed when I read that, but now everythings super again... :)

Can you post scans of the book that accompanied it? It seems us here in the Philippines won't be getting the version with the book. Thanks.

Cheers,

J

Checking Borders and Target tomorrow probably won't do much good. I work for target and have seen the box set in the electronics stock room today. The stores can't legally sell it before the release date on tuesday. Laws prevent them from doing so otherwise they can get a heavy fine and lose thier licence to sell music and DVD's. Online retailers can send them before the release date as long the receiver doesn't get the product before the release date.

...PAY ATTENTION... the collector's edition seems without any song's lyrics inside!!!
Incredible but it's true!!! The more expensive edition without song's lyrics!!!
You have to buy the "standard" edition (or that with dvd) if you need lyrics!!!

Re: Re: I've got the album (box set) today

starsgoblue said:

So that settles that.

And ok I just had to laugh my ass off at that because I seriously had that song in my head yesterday as a result of getting my U2 iPod and the matching iTrip. :lmao: Good to know I'm not the only nerdball here :wink:

How does your I-trip sound? I almost bought the Belkin FM Transmitter but bailed out last minute cus I figured I'd find it for less $ somewhere else.

Queen Bee said:

thanks queen bee. maybe we wont even get the dvd version here either! the music community has been flooded with artists that are so unlike or maybe the opposite of U2 so I dont know how the marketing strategy of the record bars here would go.
they are likely just going to sell the regular cd. just for example, i had to ask someone to send me the slane castle dvd.
but i think the black iPod would be sold here too. Gadgets of all sorts are big hits here.

The Collector's edition

Needing some confirmation about what we are getting here.

We get the book, the album (with fast cars) and the bonus dvd. Thats nice and I'm willing to pay $60 for that.

However, someone mentioned that with this edition of the album, you dont get any lyrics with the album. That pains me.

If thats the case, I'd consider opting for the edition with the album and the bonus dvd. Lyrics are a requirement and I'm a fussy bugga.

Also wondering whether the collectors edition will feature a separate cd case for the actual album or if the cd will be packaged away within the box without its own case.

Just needing some clarification with how the collectors edition is packaged.

Well, today exactly at 11:25 i both my box set! :D
Thats true- it doesn't have any lyrics or anything, i thought it would be like a normal cd plus the book... But anyway, who cares;)
The dvd is awesome! Bono talking about babies' heads :) Generally...great!
And the book....I will certainly need a lot of time to explore it, read all these stuffs... I think it answers lots of our questions....

Oh, and the quality of the cd really differs comparing to mp3s which i had...

So...im in heaven now;)

One more thing- if you have a 'normal' cd, can anyone tell me whats inside except of the lyrics?

Whooo.. The packaging does indeed read 12 songs

6797349.jpg

No lyrics?!?!?! :mad:

Now I'm gonna have to buy the regular release too...I like having the regular liner notes. Ugh.

That sucks. :mad:

Okey so people have the box set BUT howcome noones has added the MP3's for the acoustic songs or none has mentioned about them hmmmmm tell us more details will ya? I remember correctly that other people have asked for details and yet no response on that!

Back
Top Bottom