MERGED-->COBL video playing in US yet?+ City Of Blinding Lights vid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've seen it on VH1 a couple of times. One time it was on the top 20 video countdown (Number 4, one better than Coldplay :happy: ) and the other it was just a happy coincidence that I came across it while flipping through channels.

Meghan said:
I've seen it on VH1 a couple of times. One time it was on the top 20 video countdown (Number 4, one better than Coldplay :happy: ) and the other it was just a happy coincidence that I came across it while flipping through channels.

is that Vh1 UK?

I haven't seen it on in America at all.

i havent seen it yet either on tv

but i dont watch vh1 or mtv too often

im in america too as well

U2FanPeter said:
AFAIK, it was aired once on Canadian MuchMoreMusic tv.

It looks much better on a big tv than a 3 inch computer download.

u2fp

When did that happen? :huh: I've been flipping between MuchMusic and MuchMoreMusic repeatedly, looking for it, and all I get is fucking Coldplay!

about a 10 days ago.

It was the Vancouver version(rather than chi-town)

It's possible they'll never air it again - although the channel has aired Kite(boston) and Walk On(B&W 9-11 London) live videos on numerous occasions when neither were proper releases.

u2fp

It's not too similar to the Coldplay video is it?
I mean have the version downloaded, I just can't really tell how it comes off on TV.

I'd hate for people to get the impression U2 were ripping off that wall of light look from Coldplay when it is exactly the other way around.

i was wondering too. been looking on and off, but Vh1 only seems to play videos between 4 and 9am, so thats hard.. and repeats the same 5 videos... so I bet it'll end up coming on in between during a time I switch it off... and miss it. :( fuck vh1 and mtv. vh1 classic is the way to go! :wink:

What does AFAIK mean?

I saw the Speed Of Sound clip, and it is such a rip off of U2, you are exactly right U2DMfan.

Due to my computer being a load of crap, if anyone has the film clip can they please send it to me at thefonz@hotmail.com. If not, I'm sure I'll get over it.

david said:
I saw it today. It reminded me of the new Coldplay video.

VH1 plays that Coldplay video a lot and I always think it is COBL. I also agree that VH1 plays about 5 videos over and over, agenda anyone???? Oh well I will keep tuning in, BTW on the west coast the videos run from around 3am to 8am so I usually see the last 5 minutes which is usually Gwen Stefani or Shakira.:mad:

i don't think they are playing city of blinding lights on muchmusic very much... its not on the countdown.. sometimes dropped out of the list 2 weeks ago, and city of blinding lights was on the high rotation, but it didn't make it on the countdown... i think theres a conception that city of blinding lights is a copy of speed of sound video... but city of blinding lights was actually out before speed of sound, was just that u2 seems to take like 3-4 weeks after the video debuts, before their video gets on mtv/muchmusic

Theoretically, U2 could release the Chicago or the Vancouver(or even the Dublin 2) version of the video.

I have a feeling the Vancouver video might just end up being a curiosity.

u2fp

BTW, Coldplay are not currently touring with a video wall.

U2FanPeter said:
Theoretically, U2 could release the Chicago or the Vancouver(or even the Dublin 2) version of the video.

I have a feeling the Vancouver video might just end up being a curiosity.

u2fp

BTW, Coldplay are not currently touring with a video wall.

i know-- but i've seen it mentioned on at least 2-3 music station websites that u2's video looks like coldplay's

Maybe it's time for a COBL re-edit that minimizes focus on the light curtain. Make it a 'live' video rather than some concept that was underacheived.

I was at the vancouver shooting and there were shots that were not used in the 7-9+ times they went through the song(they may have done more without an audience)

If they thinking of a US stadium leg - edit up a dublin COBL version as a teaser!!!

u2fp

I live in the US, and I haven't seen the video on TV or heard the song on the radio, and it's starting to tick me off.

Bono's Doll said:
Saw it this morning on VH-1 around 6:30 when I was getting ready for work! :drool:

Thanks for the tip. This seems to be the timeslot they have chosen to show COBL in; it was on between 6 and 7 (Eastern) again this morning. That must be when they think old people watch VH-1. ;)

I had Tivo'd the 3:30AM to 6AM block of video a few nights in a row, but apparently insomniacs aren't into U2. They play that R. Kelly video about 5 times in 2 1/2 hours, though :yuck:

Back
Top Bottom