MERGED-->COBL radio edit / single edit discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cobl.jpg

Has it been confirmed that this is going to be the next single in the US as well?

EDIT: Pretty interesting b-sides...

CD Single:
City of Blinding Lights (Radio Edit)
All Because of You (Killa Hurtz Fly Mix)

CD Maxi Single:
City of Blinding Lights (Radio Edit)
The Fly (Live from Stop Sellafield Concert)
Even Better than the Real Thing (Live from Stop Sellafield Concert)
*note...the Sellafield concerts are both from ZooTV :scratch:

DVD Single:
City of Blinding Lights (Live from Opening Night, San Diego)
Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own (Video)
Bonus Video Footage

I like it :yes:

Last edited:
Wasn't this supposed to be the big 25th anniversary single? Wasn't there speculation there would be some re-recorded versions of some really old songs on there? I've read rumors about 11 O'Clock Tick Tock and A Celebration.

Hmmm. I don't like those B-sides at all. I was hoping for a few more new ones, perhaps another cover like Neon Lights.

I'm glad we don't see Mercy, though - save that one for the next album.

best B-Sides since the Vertigo single, IMO

at least we're getting live tracks and not just crap remixes

they must trust a lot in having ultra-hardcore-willing-to-do-anything-and-buy-anything-they-produce to release 3 CD singles and a DVD

PS: I wish I was one of those fans.... :drool:

COBL on Radio 1 playlist

Its been added on the C list......a bit high for me, wouldn't even get on my F list!:wink:

that seems a bit low for Radio 1, where is ABOY? if thats on their A/B list, then i guess it makes sense to put COBL lower

im one of those fans lol

omg im so glad they are putting those two songs from the stellafield zoo tv gig on there!!!!!! omg thats the best news :D

ABOY has not been released in the UK, therefore it hasnt been on the playlist.
and COBL entering on the C-list is to be expected, every song enters onto the C-list then works its way up to the A-list nearer the time of release. Only Big songs enter straight onto B-list like 'Vertigo'!

Correct, it will make it to the A list nearer release date. Radio 1 seem to be back in love with U2 again. Is that good or bad, I don't know, considering the absolute shite that Radio 1 plays these days.

rjhbonovox said:
Correct, it will make it to the A list nearer release date. Radio 1 seem to be back in love with U2 again. Is that good or bad, I don't know, considering the absolute shite that Radio 1 plays these days.

Well, they still play better shite than what local radio stations seem to regurgitate.

The "City of Blinding Lights Edit Version Is A Disgrace" Thread

Ugh. What a waste, it's over a minute and a half shorter than the original, and the intro and ending are just sad to say the least (massively sped up and cut).......

To the moderators, etc.......this version of "City of Blinding Lights" isn't commercially available yet, and I know you allowed people to post HTDAAB tracks along with "Mercy" which also isn't commercially available.......so I hope this download is ok.

Anyway, here it is in all of it's........ahem, "glory":

http://s19.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=0VC86O8S3N39B2DPDFK1RWS64U

Please repost a new link after downloading, thanks.

Last edited:
It's kind of like the Best Of edit of "Streets" in that it sucks.

i actually like it. they didnt really kill the song, just cut down the intro and outro, two of the "times" and one of the "oh you look so..." at the end.

for cutting a minute+ off, its not really killing the song.

It was an expected edit, but that is not the reason to be buying the singles. I want the live B-sides! :drool:

I'll never play this edit. That is for sure.

i don't think it's that bad

the shorter intro was expected, I'm a little dissappointed they cut out the last verse, which also happens to be pretty much my favourite part of the song :wink:

this song is lyrically beautiful, and that verse is no different

the more you know, the less you feel
some pray for what others steal
less seems not just for the ones who kneel
luckily

it's such a great end to the song, so it's a bit of shame to see it go, but other than that, I'm not complaining

Back
Top Bottom