MERGED-->bono's got to lose some major weight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saad

The Fly
bono's got to lose some major weight

bono should think about putting some time aside for the gym coz hes getting FAT. if you just look at the oscars pics you'll notice that the outfit hes wearing is obviously too tight for him. plus the summers approaching... he wont be able to hide his belly behind those jackets pretty soon. :dance:

I do agree, he had some serious weight gain inbetween the Popmart tour and ATYCLB. He is over 40 though, probably should cut him some slack.

:ohmy: :lol:

you're gonna get it for that one, buddy...not from me, but just wait...

*calls cujo's bookie to ask about the odds of this thread getting ugly*

saad said:
bono should think about putting some time aside for the gym coz hes getting FAT. if you just look at the oscars pics you'll notice that the outfit hes wearing is obviously too tight for him. plus the summers approaching... he wont be able to hide his belly behind those jackets pretty soon. :dance:

Welcome to Interference, saad.

Perhaps your future posts will be less negative and critical. We tend to focus on the music around these parts, not perceived weight gain by someone who has been working tirelessly to raise money to fight the African AIDS crisis.

if i wanted to be really mean i could forward this to pleba so the thread will get ripped apart. *rubs hands together in evil fashion*

naah...i'm not that mean, despite what some may say. :D

Would you all still be my friends if I started refering to Bono as "Fatty McMullet"?

u2popmofo said:
Would you all still be my friends if I started refering to Bono as "Fatty McMullet"?

Let's not give something so unnecessarily critical anymore attention than it needs. And to not elicit a barage of insulted Bono supporters, tread softly here everybody.

KhanadaRhodes said:
if i wanted to be really mean i could forward this to pleba so the thread will get ripped apart. *rubs hands together in evil fashion*

naah...i'm not that mean, despite what some may say. :D

it would be like watching a predicatble comedy. you laugh for a while, but you know how it's all going to end...

hey i personally admire bono. hes very talented and, even though i'm a guy, i've gotta admit hes a pretty good looking guy. but i dont want to see bono becoming massive like elvis did in his final years. as for his age... tom cruise is around the same age and look at him. hes fitter than i'll ever be. i know bonos a busy guy but hes also the showman for u2. btw he looked cool as hell on the cover of details which wasnt too far back(a year maybe).

saad said:
hey i personally admire bono. hes very talented and, even though i'm a guy, i've gotta admit hes a pretty good looking guy. but i dont want to see bono becoming massive like elvis did in his final years. as for his age... tom cruise is around the same age and look at him. hes fitter than i'll ever be. i know bonos a busy guy but hes also the showman for u2. btw he looked cool as hell on the cover of details which wasnt too far back(a year maybe).

What you're perceiving as weight gain could simply be an ill-fitting jacket and pants, man. Give the guy a break.

For what it's worth, simple digs at people's weight around here - and I don't know if you're personally skinny - can seriously hurt self-esteem when you don't even realize it. Tread softly when talking about anyone's weight - yours could be just a perception.

HelloAngel said:

Let's not give something so unnecessarily critical anymore attention than it needs. And to not elicit a barage of insulted Bono supporters, tread softly here everybody.

Good call, I dont want any of my PLEBA homie-ettes turning on me! I'm down with the Bono. :up:

hey dont get the wrong idea, i'm not rallying against over weight people. its just that our society percieves celebrities as being flawless. believe it or not but minor flaws like bono's weight can hurt business. dont be surprised if tabloids start tearing away at bono by spreading bs rumours about his weight gain.

Last edited:
I understand what you were getting at saad, I'm probably one of the only few people here who did.

saad said:
hey dont get the wrong idea, i'm not rallying against over weight people. its just that our society percieve celebrities as being flawless. believe it or not but minor flaws like bono's weight can hurt business. dont be surprised if tabloids start tearing away at bono by spreading bs rumours about his weight gain.

I think we're all well aware of how show-business is. You don't have to be a fanatical TRL groupie to know that most major celebs these days are twig thin. What you're doing is calling attention to something so lame and critical about a humanitarian and amazing person's body.

And what's more, Bono is in a ROCK BAND - his business and receipts are not based on how good his body looks relative to his album's release date. Pop starlets and movie stars are judged that way. Bono is respected for his MIND. The people who are worshipped for their appearance are not.

i respect every one of bono's accomplishments throughout his eventful life. most of those accomplishments were dont through his mind and his mind only. but youve got to realize that rapid weight gains are viewed as a sign of weakness. with u2's new album coming out soon they'll have to do publicity photo shoots like the ones from atyclb. hopefully bono will be looking fit.

Who the hell cares if Bono is heavier than he used to be. I'm sorry but celebritys are not flawless.. ESPECIALLY people in rock bands! Come on.. Bono is not a model! He looks fabulous for his age and he's going good things for people and making good music. It shouldnt matter what he looks like.

u2popmofo I dont feel you show the mods here enough respect.
Know when to quit already!

alright alright it was a dumbass topic to begin with. was just wondering that it would be better for bono to lose a few pounds coz of the new album and his new movie coming out. i've tried to copy bono's style many times and i still do. so do me a favour and erase this stupid thread.

btw how do i get rid of "babyface" under my name. its bad enough when ppl call me that every single day.

Sicy said:
u2popmofo I dont feel you show the mods here enough respect.
Know when to quit already!

Whoa, whoa, whoa. What did I do?

I was trying to tell saab I knew what he/she was getting at. That's all.

Truthfully, I wasnt even coming close to attempting to give ANYONE any crap here. Sorry if it appeared that way, I really dont know what I did that was deserving of that.

saad said:
btw how do i get rid of "babyface" under my name. its bad enough when ppl call me that every single day.

Statuses are typically based on a person's post count, though there are some exceptions. For example, moderators are Poptarts.

0 = Babyface
30 = The Fly
300 = Acrobat
500 = War Child
1000 = Refugee
2500 = New Yorker
3200 = Rock n Roll Doggie
4000 = Rock n Roll Doggie + Band-Aid
5000 = Rock n Roll Doggie + VIP Pass
6660 = Rock n Roll Doggie + ALL ACCESS
8000 = Rock n Roll Doggie + FOB
10000 = Rock n Roll Doggie + One + Love, Blood, Life

I'll go ahead and close this thread as well.

Last edited:
Counterpoint to weight threads

Whoa, before this is closed, I must stand up for the poster. I am overweight, and I know it is unhealthy. I know how hard it is to be this way. It is stressful on my health, and what's more, through research, I've discovered that the discrimination not only entails me being less likely to find someone, but also, I'm less likely to get a job!!

Now, with that in mind, someone saying that Bono is looking overweight is not the same as making a snide remark about obeseity. Bono's body type is such that his weight gain is probably the result of his overindulgence, and I agree that his looking a bit over his traditional threashold is probably something that he would be able to take care of with minimal effort. What's more, if someone wants to point this out, I think it's their right. If people get upset by this, for whatever reason, then perhaps a debate/discussion is necessary. But it seems as if a slight guilt trip was being placed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom