MERGED ----> Bono's first new album lyrics? + New U2 Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KUEFC09U2 said:
people are seriously complaining about this :|, as mr brau said a song that hasnt even been recored, and people are bitching already?

god help the band when they do release the new album, because it pretty obvious its going to get slagged of no matter what
Totally Agree, the album hasnt got a hope.

ya, these lyrics arent great, but who gives a shit?

all i took from this whole thread is that Bono wrote lyrics for 8 new u2 songs...thats a very positive thing.

i remember that 60 minutes interview around the time of ATYCLB, when he had all those lyrics on the laptop. didnt the person say he had lyrics for like 50 songs or something? and only 11 made the cut?

im sure he writes plenty of shit lyrics...it wont make the cut

innocent_eyes said:

yeah, who still listens to yesterday, can't buy me love, ticket to ride, day tripper, help, or the Beatles at all anymore?

That is so 1970s! :rolleyes:
OOTS > all those songs.

innocent_eyes said:

yeah, who still listens to yesterday, can't buy me love, ticket to ride, day tripper, help, or the Beatles at all anymore?
The difference is that the Beatles could save any song with an amazing vocal melody.

The difference is that the Beatles could save any song with an amazing vocal melody.

And U2 can save any song with an uplifting crescendo of raw musical energy. What they lack in vocal skills (which is very little) they make up for with sheer emotion and drive.

I was just saying that these are examples of timeless yet fairly straightforeward pop-rock songs that still sound great today.

Shuan Vox was trying to argue that songs like that are boring after a few weeks.

I want the next albums lyrics to be as cool as The Fly and as powerful as One.

Give me Rock n Roll !!

I wonder if bono is trying to play the jazz piano

Tyagu_Anaykus said:
don't use that word (knees) anymore Bono. Damn I'm sick of it!! :madspit:

I completely agree. Remember during the Achtung Baby sessions, when the band made a list of words that should never appear in U2 lyrics again, because they were becoming overused? (sand, stone, etc.).

I think the boys need to draw up a new list! I've had quite enough of "freedom," "knees," and, well... can anyone think of others?

ok, here's a 2004 throwback...

bono was reading the song long before they cued him. i think 2 lines were talked over by the anchor. can anyone pick it apart in some program and bring up the background noise so you can hear bono and not brian williams after the footage of yahweh? maybe even during yahweh...

the lines you can hear remind me of katrina. id like to know what preceded them.

knees needs to leave.

LyricalDrug said:

I completely agree. Remember during the Achtung Baby sessions, when the band made a list of words that should never appear in U2 lyrics again, because they were becoming overused? (sand, stone, etc.).

I think the boys need to draw up a new list! I've had quite enough of "freedom," "knees," and, well... can anyone think of others?

heart. and soul. and feel.

bono should sing about robots.

lol this song wont be on the album I find it pretty funny you guys are even talking about it. The exciting thing is that U2 is heading back into the studio....thats always a good thing.

I don't think the lyrics matter that much. Most lyrics sound kinda dumb when you just say them.
If you think of a song like Please, that a lot of people say has great lyrics, and forget the melody and just think of the lyric, some of it sounds pretty pathetic.
"Love is big, it's bigger than us." :slant:

What's I'm interested in at the moment is what it's gonna sound like. If Bono's thinking of Africa when he's writing this song, then maybe we'll get a song that sounds like Africa, in the same way that BTBS sounds like a war zone, or WTSHNN sounds like a big open landscape.

It's really much too early to tell anything. Of those eight songs, the band might only like 2 or 3, and those three might get dumped before the albums finished anyway.

The best thing i think is that the fact the bono is writting songs means that he was serious when he said about wanting to keep going with U2 and push back the politics. The next album should and i hope see U2 more a whole rather then larry, adam and edge

Arcadion said:

OOTS > all those songs.

Hearing a truck run over an ice cream vendor and then explode > OOTS

Revolution #9 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>OOTS

On another note, watch Bono's songwriting slip into the abyss:

Q: Bono, what word(s) rhyme with "bug"?

1980 & 1990's Bono (AKA the greatest Bono ever, every other version sucks horribly... :yawn: ): bedbug, bug, chug, debug, doug, drug, dug, earplug, firebug, fireplug, hug, humbug, jug, lug, mug, plug, pug, rug, shrug, slug, smug, snug, sparkplug, thug, tug, ugh, unplug

Q: Bono, what word(s) rhyme with "cat"?

2000's Bono: Duhr....uhr....uhh.....uhhhhh....uhhhhhhhh....uhhhhhh.....

............knees?

Q: Hmm...here's your grammy!

2000's Bono: Yay! Wooooo Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!

*the naysayers wake up from their nightmare* :eyebrow:

Meghan said:
I don't think the lyrics matter that much. Most lyrics sound kinda dumb when you just say them.
If you think of a song like Please, that a lot of people say has great lyrics, and forget the melody and just think of the lyric, some of it sounds pretty pathetic.
"Love is big, it's bigger than us." :slant:
I missed this post until now
but very well put :up:

Bad lyrics are bad lyrics. Sure, there's some poorly written stuff in good songs, but the lyrics here are atrocious. Not only that, but you can tell that if those are the lyrics the entire theme of the song wil be incredibly lame and forced.

shart1780 said:
Bad lyrics are bad lyrics. Sure, there's some poorly written stuff in good songs, but the lyrics here are atrocious. Not only that, but you can tell that if those are the lyrics the entire theme of the song wil be incredibly lame and forced.

Mmm...not quite. Does "freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head" represent Miracle Drug? (I like that line btw)

I wouldn't say it represents the song's theme, as I feel it's more of a love song.

I like that line too, so I'm not complaining.

LemonMelon said:

On another note, watch Bono's songwriting slip into the abyss:

Q: Bono, what word(s) rhyme with "bug"?

1980 & 1990's Bono (AKA the greatest Bono ever, every other version sucks horribly... :yawn: ): bedbug, bug, chug, debug, doug, drug, dug, earplug, firebug, fireplug, hug, humbug, jug, lug, mug, plug, pug, rug, shrug, slug, smug, snug, sparkplug, thug, tug, ugh, unplug

Q: Bono, what word(s) rhyme with "cat"?

2000's Bono: Duhr....uhr....uhh.....uhhhhh....uhhhhhhhh....uhhhhhh.....

............knees?

Q: Hmm...here's your grammy!

2000's Bono: Yay! Wooooo Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!

*the naysayers wake up from their nightmare* :eyebrow:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Umm, hasn't anyone noticed the part where Bono says he wrote those lyrics the night before he read them in the interview? I mean Christ Almighty, they're just day-old lyrics that he happened to have in his pocket at the time. Who really gives a fuck that they blow?

Although, I do kind of like the "Thank you for the day." line. :shrug:

LemonMacPhisto said:
or honey and sugar.

"You know I'm weed-killer honey, and you're sugar"...:drool:

Wait, that line sucks.

Maybe I'm just craving sugar. Or weed-killer.

:corn:

MrBrau1 said:
This is what we're doing here now?

People are tired of complaining about HTDAAB, so now we're
complaining about these lyrics? From a NBC bit? for a song that may not even be a song?

We're judging demos now?

I agree, it's a bit rude thing to judge non-finished lyrics!:huh: Anyway, I'm glad to hear Bono and the Guys are busy in working at new U2-songs:)....I listened the demos made at Eze, France (in front of Bono's beach house) and I really like some of them
- especially "Thank you for the day", and "All My Life I've been waiting for", Edge made a brilliant guitar solo - although I know that they will improve this demos....

Back
Top Bottom