Merged ----> Bono to be featured on Oprah show 9/20/02 + Question About Bono On Oprah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MacFly2

The Fly
Bono to be featured on Oprah show. 9/20/2002

According to www.rockontv.com. The Oprah Winfrey is going to be profiling Bono, the show airs on 9/20/2002. I'm not sure if he's going to appear, rockontv.com didn't give specifics. I've never watched Oprah so I don't know if this is new or a repeat. But I guess I'll be setting my vcr to record. Below is the info that appears on rockontv.com:

--------------------
Show: The Oprah Winfrey Show
Episode: Rock Star Bono's Mission To Save The World - 09/20/2002
Network: (SYN) Syndicated
Date: Friday - September 20, 2002
Time: 04:00 pm - 05:00 pm ET

Featured Artists
U2

About The Oprah Winfrey Show
Continuing its dominance as the unprecedented leader in daytime talk shows, The Oprah Winfrey Show enters its 15th season in national syndication on September 11, 2000. No syndicated talk show in television can compare to The Oprah Winfrey Show's ratings history. It has been the number 1 talk show for 14 consecutive seasons, winning every sweep since its debut in 1986.

for once I will watch Oprah...will Dr. Phil be making any comments about Rock and Roll?:wink:

This is what the Oprah.com site said, although I couldn't find any appearance dates.. so it seems the show is coming up... :)

Bono's Mission In Africa
Can Bono save the world? Are you a fan of U2 and have you been following Bono's mission to help Africa? Maybe you or someone you know has been moved by Bono's efforts to make a difference? Has Bono's work to eliminate debt in third world countries touched your life and moved you to action? Or, has his work to reduce the AIDS and health care crisis in Africa touched your life personally or inspired you to help others in Africa? If Bono has motivated or encouraged you to become involve with helping others in Africa or other developing countries we want to hear from you.

does Bono have a new book out?

I did not think there would ever be a reason I would watch Oprah.
The longer I live, the more things change.

???

martha said:
So it's really happening this time? Not just a crazy rumor again?

So was this supposed to have been aired awhile ago? Did anyone know that this was being taped? I totally would have kicked some serious butt to be at the taping of that show.....:(

harpo

thanks for the heads up on my mom asking me if i saw that bone-oh character on oprah.

On Oprah's official site (www.oprah.com) if you click on the link for this week's shows it DOES now list Friday 9/20/02 as the following:

Rock Star Bono's Mission to Save the World (PG)
Can a rock star really save the world? If his name is Bono, he sure is making a phenomenal effort! Meet U2's front man and learn about his ambitious humanitarian efforts and campaign to make a difference including solving the financial and health crisis in Africa.

Wow! :love:

Wonder when they'll show that on tv in Australia?????????

Brave man Bono..Down Oprah, down girl

Zoo Confessional - I have seen the odd episode of Oprah, but not for some time now.
I seem to recall if she likes a guest she can really get gushy and waste time and there is an equal and opposite reaction if she doesn't like someone.
I think she is about to be surprised by the level of intelligence in the man. Stop worrying cass...Bono can handle Oprah.....he'll be speaking like 100 million people are watching...Go Bono Go Bono Go Bono....seriously an opportunity to spread the word.
Good news
Thanks

Hmmm...4:00 to 5:00 eastern time...that means it'll be on at 3 pm central time where I live...I'll still be in school then. I'll ask my mom to tape it, since she'll be home at that time.

I rarely watch "Oprah"...but for this I will gladly make an exception.

Boy, next Friday's gonna be a good day for me...the "Oprah" show with Bono on it, and I also checked and found out the "Simpsons" episode that U2's on is gonna be airing on Friday-I haven't seen that episode yet, and now I'll get to.

And then this coming Wednesday the "Diary" episode with Bono is gonna be on...man, what a great week T.V. wise! :D.

Angela

u2sangel said:
Someone from this forum has to get on.Elvis or someone.One of you mods fill out that form please!I would love to see that!

I thought Sherry Darling should, since she started Bono's Angels...but she hasn't logged in since September 3, so by the time she sees it, it will probably be too late! :scream: I sent them the link for Bono's Angels though.

I have a few questions about this....so will bono actually be in chicago for the taping or has this been taped before, possibly during the elevation tour??? and also, if he is in chicago this week for the taping, does anyone know when they usually tape the oprah show???? because if he is in chicago, i plan on searching the city for him......."I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"

Moonlit_Angel said:
Hmmm...4:00 to 5:00 eastern time...that means it'll be on at 3 pm central time where I live...I'll still be in school then. I'll ask my mom to tape it, since she'll be home at that time.

I wouldn't necessarily bank on that being the time. Syndicated shows are shown at different times in different markets, so you should check your local listings to see what time Oprah is on, and on which station. It could be at any point between 9 am and 4 pm.

ALL RIGHT, I have a question about Bono being on Oprah

Since they're saying that he's going to be on Oprah this Friday, does this mean that Bono will be in Chicago this week??? Or does anyone know if this has actually been taped a while back and is airing now? If Bono is in Chicago this week, I hope I get a chance to meet him.......So if anyone has any answers to my questions, I'd really appreciate it....Thanks!

It might not be a 'live' interview, as they don't ususally tape on Fridays, according to the Oprah site...
Taping Schedule
The Oprah Winfrey Show generally tapes twice a day on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. A more specific list of available dates will be given to you by a member of the Audience Department when you call.
Try calling them to make sure tho.

Reservation Line
Phone: 312- 591-9222
Open: Monday thru Friday, 9am-5pm CT

How I wish I were in Chicago!
Good luck!!!!

Back
Top Bottom